Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My random photos of 2011 KKOA Lead Sled show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 31, 2011.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Wow! It has been a big weekend around here on the hot windy plains of Kansas. Things got started when the most traveled H.A.M.B. member on the planet --BobK-- showed up at my home Wednesday evening. The show events didn't start until Thursday night and I had taken the day off work so Bob and I could tour the back roads and ghost towns of rural Kansas in his mild custom 62 Corvette roadster.
    This was a super fun day for me and It will be the topic of a separate thread of it's own soon.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

BobK and I returned from our trip in time to attend the kickoff event which was the open house at Bright's Hot Rod Shop on owned by my friends Keith and Kathleen Bright of Salina, KS. Thank you to them for feeding ALOT of people and letting us browse around their HUGE shop and see all the cool cars. Keith will have a 37 Ford Coupe on display at the upcoming Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, KY in the invitation only pro builders exhibition area.

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Upon leaving Bright's we headed to downtown Salina for the KKOA low and slow cruise. Several blocks of the downtown area were barricaded and the sidewalks filled up with spectators as the parade of show cars were driven by. I had my personal bodyguard Gasserlouie from NE riding with me in the 57 Chevy and we soon got hot and retreated to a nearby Dairy Queen for some cold drinks and shade....

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

We were up early on Friday and hit the park for a FULL day of fun. I had 2 cars and 2 motor bikes and an EZ up tent with a sign so friends could find me---and they did---it was a non stop meet and greet at my spot.
    I just took random shots thru out the day and am only showing a few here at this time. First photos shows KS friends "2 much stuff" (Chris) and his lovely wife Tammy sitting with my pal Bobwop from Wisconsin. Both of these guys own alot of nice hot rods.

Attached Files:

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

MO JUNK (Sam) from Rolla, MO next to my car and then the photos of his truck and bike.

Attached Files:

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Speaking of bikes....there was alot of them on display at this show which is a new feature added by the KKOA. In my opinion this is a very good way to spark interest in all things custom.....as any entry level kid or adult can usually afford a beginner bike project and add personal flavor to it.

Attached Files:

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

My favorite bike

Attached Files:

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Our pal Danny from CA drove his Kopper Kart clone truck all the way to KS.

Attached Files:

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

The always friendly Jetter brothers from Colorado were in attendance with their land yachts which drew alot of lookers.....the cars I mean....:D

Attached Files:

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

my personal favorite custom was from Florida.

Attached Files:

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

My Nebraska Cornhusker pals "GL" and GrouchySS were parked with us and brought their "bad" gassers....

Attached Files:

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Mrs. GrouchySS (swap meet Cindy) with her way cool flying eyeball that was purchased from one of the many pinstriper vendors at the show.

Attached Files:

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Also from Nebraska was the beautiful pin up model Lacy Lane who is a Hamber herself.

Attached Files:

14. Thanks for posting..

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

sorry for the delay....a bunch of hot rodders stopped by to say hi for a few minutes.....

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

rod builder Bo Huff from Utah stopped by and posed for a photo too and reported his health is coming back strong.....just like his hair and famous beard

Attached Files:

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

also from Nebraska was young Hamber ddpecka with his Dad who were friendly guys and having a good time. Darrin joined the board when he was 14 about 4 years ago and now has several projects going and is taking some engine machine shop classes in the evenings.

Attached Files:

18. must have been a all liquid weekend ....

19. Racewriter

Racewriter

It was good to see you at the show, PF. Thanks for the hospitality!

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

my good pal Kansas crazy man Chucklz from KC, KS area

Attached Files:

21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

my personal bodyguard Gasserlouie shown here with "Minnesota Mad Man" ----Mark Moriarity ----

Attached Files:

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

my sidekick Cuzzendeke from Salina who taught me everything I know about hot rods......

Attached Files:

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

BlacktopBuddha (Bill) presenting Roger Jetter (40studedude) with his new shirt as a reward for his Hamb drags auction donation. Thank you Bill for my new shirt too. And thank you for all your hard work putting this silent auction on.

Attached Files:

24. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

well known car collector Bobwop drove down from Wisconsin just to hang out with us Thursday and Friday but had to leave very early Sat. am to attend a family reunion back home. The big man himself rode one of my motorbikes. I assume he was missing the one he had back home....

Attached Files:

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Love this wagon from Texas

Attached Files:

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Git it made....:D

27. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I didn't get a photo but there was a yellow and white phaeton Model A ( I think it is Hub Harness from Wichita's brother) that was soooooo beautiful......

28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

talented artistic photographer Dan Greenberg from Colorado who did a shoot of one of my bikes.....

Attached Files:

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

some cars are such high quality it is a pleasure to see them at a show like this one.....

Attached Files: