Register now to get rid of these ads!

th350 queston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kyle paul, Jul 29, 2011.

1. so i just put a th350 in my truck and it drives and shifts fine for about 20 mins . then after that i seem to have some problems with it . 1st of the 2 i noticed was when i go up hill it seems wo want to down shift but it ends up feeling like its in nutral and i hit the gas and it just revs and it doesent want to go anywhere . 2nd sometimes when im driving it feels like it misses 2nd it goes from 1st to 3 rd then back to 2nd then shifts fine after that. itss driveing me crazy . this is the first auto ive really owened . i dont know if its in the tranny or out .any help wwould be awesome . th350 trans,new vacuum modulator,18 inch finned trans coolermounted under the truck,fluid says its full ,new trans filter,fresh atf, kick down cable hooked up thats some stuff that ive looked at thanks for any info

2. So the cable is adjusted properly? It needs to be properly adjusted to work properly.

Does it have a lockup converter? if so have yo hooked the electricity to the solenoid? There with be a little electrical connection on the drivers side when you apply zot to it it locks up the converter.

3. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

I would disconnect the kickdown and modulator and try it. Then connect one and try it. It is a 350 so it won't damage it. I know you indicated the level was correct, but are you sure the dipstick is the correct length?

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

where is your vac hooked up?

use manifold vac..not ported

if its a 350 C it will have lock up

with it wanting to kick down pre-maturely the cable might be a bit too tight

5. 61falcon

61falcon

Is this a used trans or freshly rebuilt?

6. it was a used trans . im on manifold vac . stock dip stick. no lockup converter on th350 i belive thats th400s and up but theres not one on this trans anyhow.

7. No you could get T350 with a lockup also. They have an 11 inch converter.

8. ok i belive you . but none the less mine does not have a lock up

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep..got one in the barn
    TH350C is the lock up turbo hydromatic..prerunner to the 700r4

350c came in around 1980..and than in around 82 the 700r4 came in to play..its not much different then the 350 c

the 350C used a vac. mod. and an electric solenoid. 700r4 did away with the vac. mod. and used a throttle valve positioner ie..the TV cable
    I have all 3

all of them good trans..if built right

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  10. ok pulled the kickdown off and it almost seems worse now . it really feels like its going from 2st to n then back to 3rd . and when its shifting normal its really smooth