Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to rid rats/mice from field cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jul 29, 2011.

1. I'm buying a car that's been sitting and I fear there may be rodents. How would you make absolutely certain it's empty before bringing to your home? Thank you

2. MrHernandez81

MrHernandez81
    from Jackson,TN

Lock a cat in it

3. rld14

rld14

Get a Tiger from the local Zoo. Put the Tiger in the car, that should get rid of the mice.

4. Maybe a couple of bug bombs under the seat and dash, in the trunk. Gas it good then air it good.

5. john walker

john walker

bunches of lavender.

6. cederholm

cederholm

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

just hollar at 'um like you do your women...."Gas, Grass or ass....no one rides for free". They'll leave. ;):D

8. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I'd put an old overflow bottle with some antifreeze in there for a couple days. They get in to drink the antifreeze, they can't get out, and die. I accidently left one in my garage like that, I found it full of mice.

9. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

Park it in your garage and bug bomb fogger it maybe?

10. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Mice don't bother me.....it's the snakes.

11. The bug bomb idea is a real good one. If its got no glass take some trash bags and tape 'em up.

After I would though some DI-Con rat cakes in there just to be on the safe side.

12. You would be surprised what a little bleach sprayed inside the car will do. This works for mice AND snakes...

13. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

The last one I hauled home on the car trailer, I took a bumpy road and had them jumping off the trailer the whole way home.

14. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

How far of a trip is it home? A lot of them bang out on the ride home. Throw a handfull of mothballs and cedar chips inside it too. Mice hate cedar chips. Bounce it on a trailer a few miles home, pull out anything you can and clean it good at the car wash then go home. I've pulled home lots of cars with just the trailer bounce and car wash trick and never gotten a mouse all the way home

15. cl350rr

cl350rr

Bon Fire!

Oh... you want to keep the car

16. adamshumard

adamshumard

I've heard they really hate dryer sheets.

17. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

dadstoy beat me to it... they hate bumpy rides!

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I second the snakes remedy. Then to get rid of the snakes, I'd use owls and hawks.

19. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

They all have lungs,pump some carbon monoxide in there thru the wing window.
    Problem solved

20. Anti-freeze works, also an open plastic bucket with some oil in the bottom works. I did the same thing once, changed the oil in a lawnmower and forgot to empty the bucket I sat it on and next thing I know it's full of mice. They get in, they can't get out.

21. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I dont beleive it went to 16 post before your correct answer was givin!

22. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

run a hose from the exhaust into the car

23. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

If you can get ac put a electronic bug device in it , have use it in my shop's and MH also in and under the house. has never failed

24. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

If they hate dryer sheets so much why did they eat mine in my old house?

25. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Dont waste your time or money on bug bombs, moth balls, dryer sheets, lavender. and other stupid internet myths. I own a pest control company and can tell you the best way to be sure is to install about 12 snap traps with peanut butter and check the next day. Dont use poison inside the car because if the rats or mice eat it they can die in hard to reach areas and stink really bad.

26. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

And also dont use the electronic plug in devices also. Another scam. If they worked I would use them in all my accounts and never have to spend money on expensive baits and treatments.

27. Clik

Clik

I second that.

28. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

29. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Hand grenades work wonders!! They'll also help ya find the weak sheet metal!

30. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Bingo- my old neighbor put out some D-con when he found rats in the dog food bag in his garage (actually his wife saw the bag moving, you could say she raised a "noisy fuss") and one of those critters crawled up in MY attic to croak off- took a long time for the stink to go away
    When I first bought the new place, there was a huge rat that had taken up residence in the shop, saw him a couple times and put my 24lb Himalayan in there, that fat lazy ungrateful bastage wouldn't have anything to do with it. I came in one night with a bit of a heat on and headed for the pisser, lifted the lid, and that frikken' rat jumped out, had climbed in for a drink and couldn't get out- I pissed all over my new HotRod on the floor and picked up a couple grey ones...
    Put out one of those big snap rat traps, walked in the next night, and it had gotten him, but that big sucker had actually gotten out of the trap, and crawled 3ft across the floor leaving a big blood trail before croaking- did I mention he was big? :(