Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 MELTDOWN DRAGS -VINTAGE DRAG MEET- July 23-Byron, IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

That was a really fun run John. Our cars are really closely matched. I look forward to doing it again next year.

2. Too bad, I would of too. I was getting tired of Koopmeiners red lighting every race we did. Next year! Or Risky road at Symco!

3. Bob Mosher

Bob Mosher

http://www.youtube.com/user/infraredloaf#p/a/u/0/QiC0uhDEpXM
    http://www.youtube.com/user/infraredloaf#p/a/u/1/20dfDaChTRc
    http://www.youtube.com/user/infraredloaf#p/a/u/2/HZQJdI60lO4
    Great and well run event, we had a blast. Stick to your rules and let it grow. Its a unique event, keep it that way. Thanks for letting us run with our violations, Opps, i can,t tell you when we had such a good time, so many neat cars, so little time. We,ve been to Hot Rod Reunion, NMCA, various NSS events, and this was as close to how it was, i actually had a a CC or Fugitive guy thank me, a hand shake, for attending, imagine that.
    Again, job well done. See you next year. Enjoy Jason Moshers videos.

4. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Bob Moser
    Great videos. Many Thanks
    Bob

5. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Great videos thanks. Do you have any extra you didn't include like mine and the 56 Pontiac?

Too bad about the T that opened up the oil pan getting off the trailer.

Funny coincidence my 55 and the other 56 Pontiac got car # 421 and #455

6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Bob,

Thank you for the input...we greatly appreciate it. We want good and bad so we can tweak things for next year. As Ryan stated there technically was T&T on Sat....so the rain kept Imports away...THANK GOD!! BUT for 2012, we will have a closed track.....so cars will have to fit the bill. We can let certian 67 cars slide since they look so close to a 66...

Any guys that have friends with incorrect wheels that want to attend...there is 12 months to find a swap meet bargain set, or swap some painted steel wheels on.

For 2012 the goal is ZERO modern wheels....we encourage guys to swap and have a pair of vintage wheels and modern wheels for their car...it only makes sense.
    Please help us make new attendee's understand....it truly makes the day feel like your in 1966-1967 era.

Looking at the pic on the Meltdown Website main page....how can anyone argue that point!!!

Again THANK YOU for coming....Paul, Ryan, and I are still getting Thank you emails and responses....many are stating how 'Period Perfect' the racing was....and how the match races were FANTASTIC....I will post an email on here (once I get permission) that will make everyone who participated smile!!

Koop

7. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Thanks Bob for the great video. I actually found my car on one of your videos. I really appreciate you sharing them. As for the handshakes, those come from the heart of the Fugitives. We want racers to check their attitudes at the gate and just show up to have fun and share their passion with others who have the same vision of recreating our drag racing heritage. The USA will always be the envy of the world for the cool things we have created. The challenge will be to maintain this atmosphere as the event grows and it will.

8. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

this event was right on. In most of the pictures posted it almost hard to tell that it is 2011. this was a good size event but I think it will get huge.

the quality of the cars and people that where there I would think
    at least one of the magazines would want to shoot this.

9. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Gasser Wars Magazine was on site and did take pics.....Bangshift was scheduled to be there but looks like they didnt show due to rain....

10. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

11. SLCK64

SLCK64

12. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Actually Blacktop Graffiti was there. Sorta. Stay tuned for more details!

13. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Ryan..those pics look like you found them in a stash of stuff from 66-68'
    SWEET!!!

14. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

man if those dont look like polaroid instant pictures! outstanding job

15. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Red 71
    get that f85 done for next year so they can have an AWB class, an olds AWB like the 442 MUCH car.thta will give us three cars for sure, cause that HEMI car must be too pretty for a little rain so you can't count on him.

16. bgas56

bgas56

Ryan,
    Bitchin!! Send me a copy of it.A wall hanger for sure.

17. Bob,

THANK YOU for posting those videos. They are excellent!

18. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

My girlfriend's sister took those pictures with her phone. I guess she just used an app.

I think they are awesome

19. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Wow, can you get her to take a whole album of those next year. They are awesome. I bet Tori can do something like this with the video he took.

20. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

There will also be a '63 AWB Falcon there for next year!!

21. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

We had a blast at the Meltdown but there is a lot of talk on this thread about next year ...... Hell do it again next weekend at Cordova !!!!!!!
    Vintage Torque / Bombers CC Run What Ya Brung Drag Fest gates open at noon and we will race into the night.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Nova, Chevelle, Zettle Falcon, and Bob's Hemi AWB is 4....can we find 2 more for 3 great match races?

23. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I'll be at Cordova. Just not sure if as a spectator, or racing. Kinda depends on my older brother. Sure would like to run my 55 some more, though. :D:D:D

Attached Files:

24. Martys 55

Martys 55

my son wants to have his belair done for next year 409/4sp we will keep you updated

Attached Files:

25. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by II FUNNY [​IMG]
    Hey Red 71
    get that f85 done for next year so they can have an AWB class, an olds AWB like the 442 MUCH car.thta will give us three cars for sure, cause that HEMI car must be too pretty for a little rain so you can't count on him.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    There will also be a '63 AWB Falcon there for next year!!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the Mopars will cry when the more equally weighed Ponchos pass them by!!

OH HELL YA!!! thats the plan, I know of another one being built to take there next year besides mine.
    I dont care if I have to push it down the track, It will be there.

I dig the color the "HIGH LIFE" car, was thinking a bright yellow
    with big flake in it like that one.

and those pictures are cool,great job on turning them into Polaroids.

26. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Marty's 55 and Red71....now you guys are right on....finished or NOT....bring them down! People like to see them racing....but just LIKE SEEING them.....remember racing them is great but a vacant spot where yours could have been on a trailer is sad for all.......Cool rides guys.....good luck 12 months and counting.....

27. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Thanks for the pics!!

28. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Well, it's looking more like a go for me. I have to repair a trailer tire, and a few other things tomorrow. Plan to have better rubber out back this time. I seriously over-estimated the bite that I could get from the street tires.:eek:
    Bob

Attached Files:

29. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Hmmm.....Hurst cheater slicks?????:D:D:D