Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 32 3-W Survivor "Tuffy" part 2

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kisam, Nov 24, 2009.

1. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

2. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Kathy,
    What a great story. Congrats on getting him running! What a bad ass hot rod. I'm super stoked you ended up keeping it really close to the way it looked in the old days!
    -Aaron

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

this car is soo bitchin. I am so glad that you really nailed the look. Thank you for letting us follow along in the rebuild of this rad coupe.

Jeff

4. MissPrint

MissPrint

You freakin' RULE. :cool: Coolest dayum woman alive, in my book.

Now, when do I get a ride, huh?;)

5. kisam

kisam

Thanks everyone. Tuffy is definitely a labor of love, not that I am done but I am to a point that I want to play.

Gary that noise is the decklid that needs some inner structure and rust repair so I can install a handle on it.

Frankie, we need to get together and go for a spin!

6. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Wow thanks for the video - nothing beats driving hot rods, been driving mine all day.

7. abone1930

abone1930

Thats freakin AWESOME, One hell of a job, looks like the picture. Luv the stance, If I ever was lucky enough to get a 32 three window, it will have the same stance :D

8. This is the heart and soul of hot rodding right here.

9. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

If the HAMB were to give awards for builds like this, Kathy should get first place. Inspiring effort.

10. Kickin' it up in a school zone!!

11. Hey chick, pm me your address, I have a handle for that deck lid i'll send you K?

12. kisam

kisam

Kinda puts a smile on your face, doesn't it?

I hope you get one, I'd like to see what you do with it!

Heart and soul and a little bit of blood!

Thanks but I would way down on that list. The talent on the HAMB is unreal!

I was going to use your excuse "Mechanic told me to blow the carbs out"?

Gary, that would be great! Thanks!

I'm working all the bugs out! I have a list to go through.

13. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Soooo cool!! Congrats & have fun!!!!

14. seatex

seatex

Just gettin' better all the time! See 'ya at Little River!

15. One Finger John

One Finger John

Please remember that 90% of all carburetor problems are problems in the ignition. As you continue to "refine" "Tuffy" his true temperament will shine through. It is always the journey, not the destination.

John

16. kisam

kisam

John,
    Your right! When the rejet did nothing I went that direction. I found a ground strap that I had put on the paint side of the frame instead of the bare spot I had ground. I would have thought it would still have a ground but boy did that make a difference! It sounded so much better I went for a little 10 mile shakedown and I gotta tell you - it's hard to keep your foot out of it!;)
    I still have a little miss sound on hard accelerations but I think that is the cracked exhaust manifold or I found the ear on the distributer cap was cracked, probably when we pulled the engine. I couldn't see any internal cracks but I ordered another from Joe Hunt that should be in today.

JB, I have vacation down for Little River so I will be there if they don't cancel them? We just expanded and have a year end deadline to make? I think we are going to camp this year? You can show Ty how not to play with fireworks again!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  17. Kathy
    You might look to Brookville for a new inner liner for the deck lid or maybe just a whole new deck lid from them??

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's awesome!

19. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

kathy.... been a long time since i even got on the hamb...

tuffy was the first thread i went to. sorry he didnt make it to lsru ....
    glad to see hes up and runnin now.

im gonna be in town labor day weekend if you'll be around id like to stop by and say hi.

levi

20. kisam

kisam

Levi,
    Good to hear from you! I should be off that weekend Please stop by!

21. kbettin

kbettin

Awesome, made my heart happy to see him on the road again. He couldn't have gone to a better home. Thanks for the memories.

22. n847

n847

Wow thats incredible! I just read part 1 and part 2 all the way through and my lap top battery is about to die...I love that car, talk about a dream car. What a find! Congrats your work is awesome! Now I'll have to go work on my Plymouth you made me feal lazy!

23. kisam

kisam

Kay,
    I am so happy you took this journey with me. Your support has meant more than you will ever know! Hopefully next month when I get some time off work I can finish working out the bugs. I took my daughter for a ride - she was all smiles when we got home!:) She even did a write up on her facebook page that I will copy when I have time.

[​IMG]

24. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

that roof insert just does it for me. awesome car! just read through all 52 pages just to know whats going on

25. gonzo17

gonzo17
    from nebraska

hey i was a friend of ronnies and when brian wolfe told me u had his car and were putting it back together and had this thread i had to check it out, this is way cool and i hope u enjoy it. keep up the good work !

26. Hey Kat! Will you and Tuffy be in Joplin this weekend?

27. Jesus, I'm going to miss all of you, wish I could go to the drags. Dang

President US Chapters Goldchainers C C
    Dallas, Texas Chapter

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  28. kisam

kisam

Thanks so much, I'm glad your here! Do you have any stories to share? I truly felt like Ron was with me the entire build.

No, not going to make it this year. I plan on being there next year. I'm still trying to figure out my radiator problem. The bottom neck is coming out between the axle and spring. (Think Ron had it below the axle). I talked to Bob Bleed and tried to get the radiator shop to sweat a 90 but they couldn't or wouldn't - so I am heading to Home Depot. And I have decided I need a stock front axle.

29. Kathy (kisam) -

Not sure if it will work in your situation ... but we fabricated a custom "bottom neck" for the radiator on our HEMI-powered channeled Deuce Coupe.

With the radiator mounting in front (and below) the front crossmember, there was no room for the bottom hose to connect ... so we made a "little box" to allow the bottom hose to connect above the front crossmember.

Its cubic volume is actually greater than the original bottom neck ... so there's little or no restriction of the coolant flow.

Here's a crappy iPhone snapshot of it (road grime & all! :eek:):

pic for kisam.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  30. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Thats a nice mod, Iv seen it done befor but not as nice.
    The box looks thin.