Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new project 1951 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aw1950, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Yes Kool it feels good sometimes to step back a bit and then jump right back into it . I hope to be able to make the green goblin run the summer of 2013 . Sounds like a blast from the posts I have read about last years inaugral show . Andy...

2. padorey

padorey

I have moving to Tenn. and not on the H.A.M.B. Just got done looking at you great progress You still amaze me with what you have to work with and what you are doing Keep up the good work.
    My Buick now is in Church Hill Tn.

Attached Files:

3. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

4. Padorey you sold your car you spent years building ? :eek:

5. Thanks 75 come back once in a while for more as I go

6. padorey

padorey

NO NO NO I did not sell the Buick, I moved to Church Hill Tn. The Buick is HERE with Me. Sorry for any misunderstanding. But the Buick is in the garage about 20 ft from me. We all live in Church Hill Tn. Just a little warmer then N.B.
    Paul

7. Oh good . I thought you had temporarily lost your mind . :D Andy..

8. Please can someone photoshop this profile shot of this beautiful custom Buick built by a guy here on the hamb somewhere (my hat is off to him by the way ). I would like to see the car in a midnight teal green with a creme colored top . Radius the rear wheel openings as well . This may sound odd but when I was building the rear quaterpanel last winter there was a point at which I had to remove some work I had done and I radiused the opening and I kind of liked the look . It would be unique to say the least and I always like to travel the road less traveled, unless you haven't noticed. :D As the man said ( I gots ta know ) Andy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  9. Glassguy that is a very nice merc you have there. That is some deep chop , looks good though . How much is it chopped ? I dont know how much to go on the Buick . We'll see . Nice work you do though. Andy..

Attached Files:

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

I think Daves Merc is my favorite chopped Merc of all time the profile is perfect !! I am actually going to NB to pick up a wasted 51 coupe (hopefully in the next few weeks!)

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

I think this year is gonna be insane! CBC did a story on him (Chad from Green Goblin) a couple of weeks ago I am sure we will get too many cars !!

12. Kool when will the interview air ? And was it CBC TV or CBC Radio ?

13. glassguy

glassguy

hey thanks andy! it was cut 6 in front aprox 8 in back . i thought i was brave starting it with this toilet cut up 4door, but you take the cake!! btw its in the classifieds now from the guy who bought it about 3years ago if you want a photo shop try pn'ing james D he is awesome at it, and really gets kustoms...keep on it man... dave

Attached Files:

14. glassguy

glassguy

thanks kemp i really loved that car!!

15. Thanks for the info Dave come on back from time to time . I will hit up James D and see what he can do for me . 6 in the front and 8 in the back you say , hmmmm that gets a guy to thinking :rolleyes: , Andy....

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

You should see the piece of crap coupe I am gonna get, but with the other piece of crap 4 door I have ,there is enough stuff to cobble one together !
    Do you have any build pics of the chop Dave, especially the rear window slope
    backlight area? I would love to see some pics of the construction:D Not to hijack Andys thread too much but did you take 6" of height out of the A pillars (I think you did..) or 6 " measured along the angle of the post? I gotta look for it in the classifieds,maybe I will win the lottery !!

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

It was on CBC news last week...of coarse the wife forgot to tape it ...I have not looked to see if I can find it on line, I saw a brief clip from it at the close of the news on Fri night.

18. glassguy

glassguy

ill pm you.. it was 3 strips of 2 inch masking tape around the pillars.. i have some pics but cant make them small enough so ill get your email.. mine was a 4 door, so it might be easier to do the same if your 4 door is in better shape.. sorry for the hi jack andy!! and i check this everyday to make sure you aint slackin!!!!

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Dave! Appreciate it ! The 4 door is worse than the 2 door (I think ,havent seen the 2 door in person yet ) but the 2 door is missing alot of stuff..I ride Andys ass once in awhile to keep him motivated, I need someone to ride mine to get me back on the 47 :rolleyes:

20. Not a problem boys were all in this together . I would be interested to see those pics as well . [email protected] is my email if you get the time. Later , Andy..

21. Be carefull what you wish for Steve LOL

22. Been at it a little bit . The rear rail on the right side all fixed up and ready for the next step . On to the left side . Maybe I can do somemore tonight . We are off to the Memramcook car show this aft . Seeing that I didn't get to the big show a few weeks ago . This is always a nice show to attend . 250 - 350 cars usually . Maybe I'll take some pics . Who knows ???

Attached Files:

23. nikkke

nikkke

Lokking good! keep it up :D

24. glassguy

glassguy

good thinkin andy!! this car is gonna be rock solid !! more than a few things youve done here that i wish i had thought of.. it nice to learn a lil something from threads like this, today i learned im f 'ng lazy!!! lol

ps sent ya an email

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

Make sure you post up some pics from the show Andy!!

26. Ya know Steve I went to the show yesterday and brought my camera but there was nothing there that warrented a picture other than a 34 plymouth coupe that when I saw it the car was being driven away by the owners and I never saw it again . There must have been 50 newer mustangs . How many Chevelles can a guy look at ? Anyway no pics to post . I was kinda disappointed in the show . It's usually a better show than that !!!

27. Got the other side done today . Put the floor in place and now I have more cutting to do . Always something . Actually I expected that anyway this will be fitting and welding as we go . Andy..

Attached Files:

28. robleticia

robleticia

WOW! Nice work. i was complaining about all the "fitting and welding as we go" this weekend. I had it way easier!

29. Ah , Rob I dont know if I was the one with more cutting and fitting or not . I see on your post the great work you and the boys are doing . I am going to go right now , settle in and have another look at your progress for this weekend . I'll see ya on your thread . Later...

30. A little more progress. This stuff takes time . Made another double panel attachment point for the left side on body. Its all welded up and ready to install the trunk floor . Had to notch the caprice floor to fit the contour of the rear panel of the buick . Also a little bit of rust repair on the underside of the floor . Easier now than later . I had to stop for the day after I realized that the nut that receives the body bolt needs to be retapped or something . Damn . So the body needs lifted again and the nut issue addressed. Frustrating to say the least . :mad: Andy..

Attached Files: