Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration I'm going out on a limb here. Anybody have any kool brown paint jobs.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by resqd37Zep, Jul 25, 2011.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just saw a color similar to this on a late model Ford PU on the weekend. First thought was how good it would look on my O/T '66 Mopar. There are some really nice maple and walnut browns out on new cars right now.

2. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Here's mine, don't know how long it's been on the car but a brown and cream in top

[​IMG]

3. autobilly

autobilly

First the car that came to mind when I read this thread title.
    100% bitchen, can't argue with that!

4. autobilly

autobilly

How could anyone forget the Chrisman Bros. coupe? IMO it's the "King Brown".
    (King Brown is the common name for an Australian snake known for it's speed and agression.)
    [​IMG]

5. havi

havi

How now, brown cow.

Attached Files:

6. I like mine!!

Attached Files:

7. close..it is hot chocolate.. great shade of brown especially when accented with the right color.

8. morleysrt

morleysrt

I raced a 87 Dakota w/340 a few years back and she was turd brown.We called her Hank after the turd on South Park.

9. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I really like the new toyota sunset bronze mica. Paint code: 4U3. I only have pictures after the sun went down. It is stunning the the sun. Sam

Attached Files:

10. Don't know if this one has been posted yet. I LOVE it.....

[​IMG]

11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

UPS brown with gold pearl floated into a "kandy" top coat of tangerine. Not too much or it will kill it. Just the gold over the brown would rock out loud but the key is restraint and testing on panels.

12. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Heres some of that toyota code: 4u3 in the sunlight. It has a very large amount of metallic in it. Looks similar to the chrisman coupe color. Sam

Attached Files:

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Excuse the comparison, but a lot of RVs these days are painted in metalic browns, tans, golds etc. It might be some place to look for color combos. Or what not to do. Gary

14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This car was built by someone here on the HAMB in Ohio. It is stunning...........and I don't even like brown cars. This one changed my mind, however. :)

Attached Files:

15. I Drag

I Drag

51: That Toyota color is boss! I'll have to stop by my local paint supplier and check it out (or perhaps the closest dealer lot). That's what I'm talking about, the make and approx year, or best yet, the actual paint code.

My original gripe is when I ask someone about the color of their car and they call it some nebulous thing like "metallic root beer". Yes, I can see that thank you, where can I get it (dummy!)? Oh, you don't know. (Well thanks for that.)

And yes, I have the code for every car I have painted.

FWIW, I stopped by my supplier 2 weeks ago, looking for a very bright metallic green. I found a great color in the Mazda chips. I wondered aloud why I had never seen it before, and when he looked it up, my paint guy said it was a non-domestic color (not available on Mazdas in the USA), but that he could make it. So it's worth it to look at the chips.

16. A Rodder

A Rodder

Heres my old edsel, a little copper in it though.

Attached Files:

17. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

This picture of the Doyle Gammel coupe may show the color a little better. Also another 3 window of unknown (to me) ownership.

Attached Files:

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Here's what I've saved to my iPhone over the years.. (most off the HAMB) sorry if some are reposts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And two OT cars.. Nice brown hues though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iPhone - TJJ App

19. There is 50's Lincoln Capri out of Austin that has a rootbeer flake job with a purple shine to it. Anyone have pics of it?

20. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I saw the Toyota today up close. I'm still wiping the drool from my mouth. Thats bad ass. Thanks for posting it and all the others that have posted up. I wasn't sure it could be done and look good but I'm a believer now.

21. How about these. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    But don't use the last one. I got dibs on that color for my truck!

22. koachwerks

koachwerks

According to my 4 year old son my Poncho is brown... I showed him a picture of the car and this is how the conversation went:

Me: "Diego, come look at dad's new car!"
    Diego: "It's brown."
    Me: "But isn't it cool?"
    Diego: "Yeah, but it's brown."
    Me: "It's Mayan Gold!"

Luckily the gold comes to life after rubbing out the paint a bit.

Attached Files:

23. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I saw this car at the GNRS, and I gotta say--it just floored me.Pictures don't do it justice--the brown color--and whatever base they shot it over--is stunning in person.I even thought that this brown could be the "new" red! I'm building a car--in my head--and brown / copper is at the head of the list.

24. '40 GMC Truck Oakwood Brown

[​IMG]

25. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

brown is the flat black of 2011. Its everywhere. My favorite, still.

26. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I am not a brown guy but the color on that sedan is interresting. Im even concidering it myself, never thought I would. I think there was a thread on here about the build. This is post #22 of this thread, I havent figured out how to post the pictures with the quote.

27. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Chicago, not Ohio.....I know cuz it was me:D Thanks for putting the pictures up.

It's an off the shelf Honda color, pretty sure it's called Root beer Brown.

I don't have any better pics on this computer, but I will get some eventually

Donny

28. 117harv

117harv

Any more pics of this one?...anyone?[​IMG]

29. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

If you liked that..............you'll love this!

Attached Files:

30. nummie

nummie

In the mid seventies Pontiac had a Brentwood brown metallic that wa pretty awesome