Register now to get rid of these ads!

Relix Riot III Gilmore car Museum Hickory Corners MI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Low Flying A, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Low Flying A

Low Flying A

Its back! New date, same great killer venue. Relix Riot III August 19 and 20. Hot rods, customs, gassers, choppers, bobbers, pin up contest, live bands and tons more.
    <O:pIt all kicks off Friday the 19th with a FREE pre party kick off with live bands under the famous big tent including Left Lane Cruiser and the Hex Bombs. Live fire show performed by Dare Devil circus. Free camping on grounds with tons of room for all.

Saturday Aug 20
    Gates open at 9 am.
    <O:p9 bucks for spectators or show your ride w a passenger for 15.
    <O:pThis is a Traditionally styled hot rod, custom, and chopper, bobber show. Open to pre 64 cars, pre 66 trucks, and motorcycles done in traditional style.

As far as what qualifies for the above criteria, here we go.....
    <O:p Nothing stock
    <O:p NO 'theme' cars and NO RAT rods- if you use this term because you think its cool, we dont! Keep it in the garage and come as a spectator.
    <O:p NO wheels produced after 64. This doesnt mean you cant run repop wheels that were built up to mid 60s, it means NO billet wheels, boyds, foose, s 10, camaro ralleys, ect. We are sticklers for this so if you wonder if what cha got qualifies, use the computer your in front of and check out our previous shows.
    <O:p NO independent front ends on open wheel cars. C mon, thats just janky anyway.
    <O:p NO muscle cars unless done as a gasser or altered.

<O:pBikes will be determined as the come through the gate. Choppers and bobbers built to fit the culture of the show are what we want to see.
    <O:p NO fat tired OCC, 9 ft long billet clad, tribal painted crap
    <O:p NO twin cam anything
    <O:pThere will be special parking for motorcycles
    <O:pWe will have bike vendors on site as well as in the swap meet. As always we will be giving out one of our famous trophies to best bike also.
    <O:p
    Starting at noon on Saturday, live bands will be back playing under the big tent including the Wild Woodys, Chupa Cobras, and Pearls Mahone.
    <O:pIn the vintage shell station, Moxie hair and beauty will be doing hair styles for anyone interested and for pin up contestants. We will also have Joel from Red Stag Tattoo Club offering tattoos for anyone over 18.
    <O:pThe Dare Devil circus will be doing aerial performances throughout the day

We welcome and encourage ANY automotive parts or service shops, motorcycle shops or service, Photography, Vintage Clothing, Related Art, Pinstripers, Fabrication to come and set up a booth as a vendor and show everyone what cha got. We build our projects with your parts or services.
    <O:pVendor booths are 100 bucks and within reason , spaces are as big as you need em. Swap meeters, we want to see you too. Bring out all those hard to find car and bike parts. 25 bucks for a space.

<O:p
    Pin up contest will begin in the Shell station at noon with rules and registration at the Moxie booth. Girls will be judged based on crowd interaction and style with the winner being anounced at 5 under the tent and awarded cash prizes. 250 bucks for over 18 and 100 bucks for under

With <O:pyour admission you are going to get the Relix Riot and all the entertainment along with all access to the Gilmore car museum with a huge collection of pristine automobiles dating back to the turn of the century, all the displays, a 40s shell gas service station, a restored working diner, vintage motorcycle shop, acres of room w TONS of shade and room to relax. www.GilmoreCarMuesum.org.<O:p Keep your eyes open all over at the Riot, you may see something you werent expecting! This is a rain or shine show. No refunds or tears. Who's coming?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I went to this show last year and its a GREAT ONE! Unfortunately I'll be out of town for this year's event....maybe next year!

3. Never2low

Never2low

Rain or shine, Hell or high water, I'm there! Spectating as usual thou:(

4. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

what a great setting for a show, last year was awesome, cant wait for this year taking my teardrop to camp!

5. Low Flying A

Low Flying A

6. Window Licker

Window Licker

7. Bumpa again. Sounds cool, I'm in!!!

8. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

All those planning on going, remember you can camp there Friday night.

9. CayoRV

CayoRV

Haven't missed one yet and don't plan to ever. For those of you who haven't been, your loss. Best damn new show started in years. These guys do it right!

Just a note to let ya know how good this thing is. I go to Gas City on Saturday and drive all the way back so I don't miss the Relix show on Sunday. Long ride but worth it!

10. ummm the relix show is on saturday august 20th not sunday!!

Where are the nearest hotels?

11. CayoRV

CayoRV

This year. Changed from the past 2 years. I'll be there, just a matter of scheduling!

12. CayoRV

CayoRV

I think they changed the date this year. But hell, I may have been in Gas City on Friday and at the Relix on Saturday! All I can say is both were great and I be at both again this year! Cars are made to drive so who cares how many miles between shows this good.

13. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

We changed the date of show for more promising weather. It was a crapshoot having a show in Michigan in September.

Granted, its the same weekend as Woodward, but I dont know many people who think sitting in a 10 mile long traffic jam of camaros and minivans in 90 degree weather is a good time in a hot rod. been there...done that...it sucks.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd love to attend as it does seem like a fun event but it is the same day as my favorite event of all time the HAMB Drags in Joplin, MO which I have attended since the first one in 2003. Yep, I agree, doesn't matter how far to an event just get in your car and DRIVE! You guys have fun.:cool:

15. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of camping vs. a hotel in gilmore? Here's how I see it: Hotel=shower, bed which is great, but camping is free (important to my broke ass) and there's a party there. Is there a pre-party thing in gilmore? Like, does everyone take over the town on friday night like the Hunnert used to be? Basically, other than the creature comforts of a hotel, why not camp?

16. JoKerr

JoKerr

Went last year great show killer museum group from Indy will be heading up on Friday day gone be good time.

17. This Poorboy is springing for a room!! Stretch it's sofa city or Le Floor du jour for you Brotha!!!!
    The Comfort Inn in Plainwell ( 13 miles from Gilmore had rooms available as of last night ). Getting stoked on this show. Please let it be 80, partly sunny and a mechanically quiet weekend!!!

18. I'm IN.

I'll drag along one of my traditionally challenged buddies. Maybe we can beat the billet out of him.

19. Low Flying A

Low Flying A

Who doesnt like the comforts of a bed and a shower that you would get from a hotel, but after the party we are going to throw Friday night with left lane cruiser and the hex bombs,an air mattress and bird bath in the morning are going to be worth it. And camping is FREE! Gilmore car museum is near a very small town called Hickory corners. We camp,party,and the car show are all on the same location.www.gilmorecarmuseum.org.

20. I'll be there..finally got the '54 Ford Victoria running..not sure if it'll be painted by then but it'll at least be there in primer :)

21. Low Flying A

Low Flying A

Glad to hear you are making it back again this year. Saw your invite to your open house. You going to Joliet for the good guys show too?

22. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Awesome show! Been several times before, and going this time! Bringing along alot of friends....you guy's all stay out of the swap meet until I get there!!

23. Low Flying A

Low Flying A

24. The date change makes it better for me. I have wanted to go since the first one. Can't wait,all the guys who are not going to bonneville will be there. Driving up from Kokomo IN.

25. We got a good crew lined ( 5 plus cars over from Detroit ) up to take a nice cruise over to the show. Any other Detroiters going over and want to convoy Friday after work hit me up.

26. Darkboones

Darkboones

This is my favorite show at the Gilmore. I loved it last year. But now I'm sad because it is the same time as when I'm in Florida :(

27. Low Flying A

Low Flying A

28. Crafty B

Crafty B

The Gilmore is second to none for a car show, the grounds are beauiful and maintained by the hour. Plenty of shade and there is a restored dinner car that serves up great chow and ice cream. I was hoping to have the 32 in primer for the show but once again the deuce project got the back burner..maybe next year.

Crafty B

29. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We'll be there with the '36 Special and the '51 Pontiac pulling the Spartan. We bring our own motel with us! I'm looking forward to the show being moved up, although we can't use the A/C in the trailer there!

Hey Crafty, will the MacDaddy Caddy be painted by then? Saw FB pics of it in primer...

30. bluthndr

bluthndr

I have a shop just north of Plainwell on main street that I opened in the spring. Maybe I can put something together for anyone in town the night before and we can grill up some custom brats at my shop Friday evening. Nothing too fancy but that's why I like this crowd. Anyone interested?