Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 East vs. West Washington St flathead run less then 2 months away! New info!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jul 26, 2011.

1. OK guys, September 17th is sneaking up quick, so me and the other Emperors had a little meeting to nail down some facts and go over details. If your not familar with whats going on, let me bring you up to speed:

This is a FLATHEAD powered reliability run. It is for cars, trucks, motorcycles, anything with a flathead engine. NO OVERHEADS ALLOWED PERIOD. This is a reliability run. 150 miles in a OHV car is cake. In a flathead powered machine it can be a bit nail biting! It is pretty simple, East side of the state vs. the West side of the state. Side with the most cars in Vantage WA at Blustery's Burger joint before noon wins. You can start from were ever you would like, we are starting at Antique Auto Ranch here is Spokane. Last year the West side guys started at AMOCAT Speed Emporium, but we'll let you guys figure that out. We had a great turn out last year, good food, music and flatheads!! We hope this year to have even more neat stuff show up.

Ok, so some important stuff.

It is on September 17th, 2011. Like I said, you can technically start from anywere, but the main "coarse" is 150 miles. If you live 50 miles away from Vantage, we are not going to make you drive to the starting point.
    You must be there before noon to qualify for your side.
    Your ride MUST be flat head powered and must be driven. If you have a specialty car like a race car or extremely antique car pleas get a hold of me and I'm sure it will be OK to trailer it there.

Here is last years coverage to see what kind of event this is. Food, music good people and flatheads. What more could you want?

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513728&highlight=vantage

We also need club volunteers. We would like a club from the E and W side make a trophy to be handed to their opposite sides favorite car. Let me know if any clubs are interested.

So, I will update this thread as we go, if there is any questions, please feel free to PM me or Antiqueautomike here on the Hamb. My number is 509-869-0266 if you wanna call.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

YAY!!!!! (pm sent for west side trophy)

3. You gotta do opposite side- a West side club presents a trophy to a East side car and vise-versa.

4. TMoney

TMoney

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well then sir, bishops would love to do it!

6. Ok, you guys got it. Anyone wanna step up on the East side and do a West side trophy?

7. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

A great poster, no rain and not a tree in sight. East side of Washington at it's best.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, I'm trying to convince a friend to take his sweet little shoebox. As traditional as they come but he needs to take it where the atmosphere is a lot more laid back than the local show and shines.

9. Do it. If it's flathead powered, there is no reason it should not be here!

10. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Just drug my ride home. I got a lot of work to do!:D[​IMG]

11. GARY?

GARY?

She's a beaut!

12. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Gorilla, Rabbit, and Chicken just said they will be playing again!

13. YES!!!!! You have all been warned :D:D:D

14. Getting close...

15. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Last year was amazing

16. RichG

RichG

My favorite cover band.

17. This is the official 1 MONTH WARNING. Better get my butt out to the garage!

18. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Only one more month I hope your with us!

19. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Wow coming quick I need to finish my rewiring.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  20. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Wow are you driving it to Vantage

21. Gettin closer...

22. billthx138

billthx138

I would be there but that darn OHV issue gets in the way. I guess I'll just bomb around the Olympic Peninsula that week end instead.

Attached Files:

23. You have a few weeks, dump a flatty in it!

24. We still need an E side club to make a trophy to give the a W side car. Any volunteers??

25. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

The Josh Brown Band is playin' at the Gorge that night. Gonna' make a great weekend. A cool way to trick the Mrs. into goin' to another car show.

26. You mean Zach Brown? He is awesome live!!

27. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Maybe, trying at least :)

28. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Yeah, that's what I meant. Tickets are $65.oo a piece. OUCH. Guess it's been a while since I went to a concert. I'd rather spend that cash on parts from your '41 Ford parts car.

29. The Spokane Model T club is doing the E side trophy! Week and a half away!!!