Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Picture of General Motors (Post a Pic)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scotch Buzzard King, Jul 21, 2011.

1. r8odecay

r8odecay

Yes, those look very Cadillacy

2. Motor in my car now

Attached Files:

3. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Very nice! about 25 C here, which I assume translates to the low to mid 80's F.

I feel for your guys' heat wave. WOW its record breaking hot down in the central states right about now. I know what 110 F/40C heat is like, and its not fun, leave alone with the humidity. :eek:

4. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

He had something to do with my Buick! Harley Earl that is!
    [​IMG]

5. Lmao! Enjoy the good weather my friend! I'm just glad to hear that the whole world isn't a microwave. It gives me hope for the Winter. :D

6. Once again, thank you all who have posted a pic, a video, or a link. Yall all are just amazing! Keep it up yall! Keep em coming! !!!:D!!!

7. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yep, theres one a bunch of us always wanted to find;)
    [​IMG]

9. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

styled like harley earl would have wanted....I feel.

Attached Files:

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I agree, 100%

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  12. Deuces

Deuces

One of my favorites..... :D

Attached Files:

13. rld14

rld14

Henry Ford was widely known for being a rabid anti-semite. There's a reason my grandfather never owned a Ford in his life.

14. John Stimac

John Stimac

My G.M. stuff

Attached Files:

15. It's amazing how things get lost in history. I had never owned a Ford either until about two years ago. I never found that out about Ford until earlier this month. I swore to myself I'd never buy a Mercedes or a Volkswagen either for the same reason. I don't believe in Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer. I believe in individual ability. Its a tragedy of justice and just plain repugnant when a man hates another man for what he is rather than who he is. Its just as stupid as hating someone with a different hair color or different eye color or just because he's left handed. Its an assault on the senses.

But I tell you what; I love this site. I love this community. What it has done is united men and women with one common passion from all over the globe regardless of age, race, religion, gender, economic situation, or any other reason that humankind finds a difference within itself. Thank you, Ryan. And thank all of you. I've never met you, but through this site we've all become friends. Its you who have made this possible. So pat yourself on the back and feel proud. Your individual ability means something. So keep it up, and keep the great pictures coming!!! !!!:D!!!

A car for every man. General Motors.

16. nukeGM

nukeGM

That's nothing, General Motors main man, CEO James Mooney received a nazi medal from Hitler In August 1938,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_General_Motors#Collaboration_with_Nazi_Germany

"General Motors Executive, James D. Mooney, received the Grand Cross of the German Eagle for his distinguished service to the Reich. "Nazi armaments chief Albert Speer told a congressional investigator that Germany could not have attempted its September 1939 Blitzkrieg of Poland without the performance-boosting additive technology provided by Alfred P. Sloan and General Motors".

Charles Levinson, formerly deputy director of the European office of the CIO, told of how "Alfred P. Sloan (CEO General Motors), James D. Mooney (senior exec GM), John T. Smith and Graeme K. Howard remained on the General Motors-Opel board . . . in flagrant violation of existing legislation, information, contacts, transfers and trade continued [throughout the war] to flow between the firm's Detroit headquarters and its subsidiaries both in Allied countries and in territories controlled by the Axis powers.

The financial records of General Motors Opel division (in Germany) revealed that between 1942 and 1945 production and sales strategy were planned in close coordination with General Motors factories throughout the world.... In 1943, while its American manufacturers were equipping the United States Air Force, the German group were developing, manufacturing and assembling motors for the Messerschmitt 262, the first jet fighter in the world.

This General Motors innovation gave the Nazis a basic technological advantage. With speeds up to 540 miles per hour, this aircraft could fly 100 miles per hour faster than its American rival, the piston-powered Mustang P51."

David Farber, author of Sloan Rules: Alfred P. Sloan and the Triumph of General Motors (2002), stated that:

"GM destroyed Sloan's files to protect itself from lawsuits regarding antitrust issues, the neglect of automobile safety and its investments in Nazi Germany."

However, the era before the war, between 1936 and 1939 when Germany was rearming in open violation of the Versailles (peace) treaty, is much more difficult to defend for GM. General Motors corporate interests were prioritized above national or ethical ones during that era.
    General Motors CEO Alfred Sloan himself avoided the topic possibly because GM's lawyers succeeded in destroying and altering all existing info/facts that date to the time period.

17. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here, this ought to make you feel better, there was indeed a time before Government Motors.

Attached Files:

18. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Here is some Harley Earl for you

[​IMG]

19. Nice smokescreen Kev.

20. I love the pictures of the heat booth with the '59 Chevys. Very nice my friend. :D

21. Exactly what I was thinking!

22. opfredet

opfredet
    from usa

The Official Harley Earl Website has a trove of info on what once made the American auto industry shine so bright:

www.carofthecentury.com

23. opfredet

opfredet
    from usa

The Official Harley Earl Website has a trove of info on what once made the American auto industry shine so bright:

www.carofthecentury.com