Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **official meltdown drags pic thread!!**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SLCK64, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

More

Attached Files:

2. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

More

Attached Files:

3. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

More

Attached Files:

4. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

Attached Files:

5. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

Attached Files:

6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

THANK YOU TO ALL that helped support, spectated, came and raced or showed their cars!!! It was our honor as a club to do this and participate in it!!!

I have NEVER been to a drag strip in my life that has had 30+ 55-57 chevy's all period correct gassers/modified production...ALL with period correct wheels!!

I also have NEVER seen the turn out of early Chevy II's ALL period correct...
    so many Comets PERIOD CORRECT....so many cars that fit the bill!!

Other than the Ford Y-block club doing a seperate event on Sunday ( and some guys raced in X class Saturday) I believe we only had about 4-5 cars with INCORRECT WHEELS....and only 1 jackwagon acted like an ahole about it.....

SO SUPPORTERS......now that you see the vision....please encourage your friends and new comers to CHANGE THEIR wheels this is the FINEST in Vintage Racing....it is NOT NOSTALGIC RACING....help us keep this event what it is.....

And we are working on having NO X-CLASS for 2012......if your car shows and is wrong....your ini the car show....12 months to plan to make changes is long enough....

And we apologize for the 2010 mustang that came to test and tune.....I am farily confident that for 2012 there will be NO test & tune allowed.....

THANK YOU TO ALL.......I cannot beleive the high quality of cars....

SPECIAL THANKS to the guys who came from Kentucky, Canada, Colorado, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, S. Dakota, and other Midwestern states....75% of these cars I never saw before!!!

7. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

98% period correct cars.....

8. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Lots of cool cars there. I recognize a couple of them from the HAMB Drags. Wild Bill's Henry J and the Deucebag Chevy II. Looks like you guys had a fun day of racing.

9. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Great pictures! I know we have some that we are still trying to download. Once we do, I will post them.

Thanks again to all that came! It made all the work that our club did to organize this event totally worth it when all these great cars came rolling through the gate.

We want everyone who participated to know that we appreciate it. Without the race cars there would be no event.

10. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Here are a couple of my pictures of the staging lanes. Let's keep this one going. Slck64, ya beat us to our own picture thread!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SLCK64

SLCK64

Lol yeah I was up early on Friday with an ol stomach bug and felt like being productive since I toasted a bearing and wouldn't be racing, but was gonna be taking a lot of pics. That's also why I didn't come around and say hello either, wasn't feeling too great and didn't wanna possibly get you guys sick somehow.

But getting back into 35mm shooting again, that's why the pics aren't super clear. Ill get that worked out once I get back on the horse of film so to speak. But I think it adds a little vintage feel to some of the pics and I will have rolls of black and white at the Run Whatcha Brung races at cordova.

12. I haven't had this good of time since Symco #1. You guys put on an incredible event. Can't wait for 2012! I even managed to shave .15 off my best time from the heads up!!

13. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

slck64, no problem. Great to see that you made it and had a great time! Hope to see you racing your car next year

14. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I wish I could have been there. It looked awesome!

15. I just want to thank the Fugitives for putting on one hell of a cool event! You guys kick ass! Im ready for next years meltdown already. The only question I have now is where can i get a couple more of those cool Winner/Eliminator stickers? :D

16. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Great Pics and a great event, we had a small oil pressure issue after our third pass so we were out a little earlier than we wanted to be but all is good now and we are looking forward to The Run Watcha Brung at Cordova on Aug 6th.

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

just talked to a friend of mine who came over to see the Meltdown....he had no expectations - but could not believe how cool everyone was and how it seemed there were "no attitudes"

I asked him - why would there be?

He said he has gone to the drag races since the 60s and there are ALWAYS people who wont even talk to other guys in the pits or give "fans" the time of day.........
    he could not even find a HINT of this at the Meltdown - he will be back - and so will I

I think this is EXACTLY the right kind of mindset that the Heads Up, Cordova Drag Fest (Aug 6) and Bunker Hill IN have in mind.

We are all there to help each other out and make some passes.

Who cares if we dont break 14 seconds...........
    that is not the point - it is about having fun and supporting this segment of the hobby.

Fugitives pulled it off and I hope it was worth their while.

and if anyone wants to see some video footage of the heads up - you may see some here:

if that link above doesnt work - try this:

http://youtu.be/GWmsbL0yTL0

I will try to get the Meltdown segment from 2010 up here so everyone can check it out.
    I have been way busy so I have not even had a chance to look at the video we shot at the Meltdown 2011

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  18. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

any more pics of the black t bird rail??? That thing is wicked!

19. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thanks for the pics...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  20. lorodz

lorodz

it must be nice to have a track close by.
    this picture looks like it could be the 60's with all these gassers love it ..
    [​IMG]

21. edweird

edweird

fantastic photos, thanks

22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Coolstuff is correct...wether your a Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, Mopar or other lover...the bottom line is WE Vintage Racers/Hot Rodders have to stick together....that is the difference Coolstuff is thinking of....we already do without realizing it!!!

23. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great show.........Drove thru the rain to get there, walking the pits is a show in itself.........I need to make sure I am in first gear next time..........be there next year with the bugs shaken out......Doug

24. Don't worry... It was.

:D

25. ...here's a shot of that silver/black 55...

[​IMG]

26. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

You fixed it already? Cool! What was it?

27. laddyboy

laddyboy

I'll second that.
    What a great event!
    Hot cars and cool people.
    Thanks to Eric and Ryan and all the people who helped
    with the show.
    I had a awesome time and I hope everyone else did too.

28. truckdude1

truckdude1

29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Here is a few more.

Attached Files:

30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

and more

Attached Files: