Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Sucks finding out you have Cancer...Just makes you wonder what if anything am I going to get to do in Life...There are sooo many things I have on my List...Wanted to get my 48 ford F1 really fixed up nice...Now I am low on time and no resources to get it all done...Oh well Just lost my Dad to the same Cancer..I guess that's what we inherit from our blood line...I am still determined to get the job done...Maybe I will live longer at least being busy...Just had to vent some frustration...Hope all is well with the rest of you Guys...Sorry if it is a bit Much

2. D.G.F

D.G.F
    from Las Vegas

im sorry to hear this.Enjoy the time you have doing what you love and spending time with who you love.

3. The Big "C" is not as unbeatable as it used to be. Keep busy, tell yourself every morning I can beat this. Attitude makes a great difference you will continue to complete projects. And by all means feel free to vent when nothing else is working.

4. RAY With

RAY With

Time to do what ever the hell you want to do and enjoy the time you got.It really sucks to lose fellow hambers to any thing much less cancer. WIll include you in my prayer cicrcle. A strong attitude will make a strong body so hang in there.

5. We are here for you brother and praying. Cancer runs rampant for the men in my family. My dear old Dad made it to 62, he lived by far the longest. I'll be praying for you, TR

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

48flthdf1, don't give up! I personally know several cancer survivors who are living full and productive lives. Cancer is no longer a death sentence. Speak with your Oncologist and determine a plan of attack.

7. oj

oj

No apologies necessary 48flthdf1. Vent all you want, it ain't gonna do a shit bit of good but maybe you'll feel better. Truth is you didn't want pity from us anyway, you take the cards you are dealt and play them the best you can. You say you are low on time and no resources to get it done - that describes everyone of us! Focus on what you need to do today, tomorrow is too far away, get one more thing done today before you go to bed and be the kind of tired that you get after a good days' work. Kinda satisfied tired. Don't worry about what tomorrow will bring - one day there won't be a tomorrow. All's you got is right now. Today.

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'm a survivor of a 5 cm, stage 4 brain tumour. Been cancer free for almost 3 years now. I ain't special, if I can do it, you can do it.

You ever want to vent, bitch, complain or anything, PM me.
    John

9. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I'm sure you are devastated by the news...and I'm sorry to hear this for you , but don't throw the towel in ....You are in our prayers and God still can heal in today's world...Keep the Faith and stay strong!

10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I finished radiation 13-months ago and am going strong. I was certain I wouldn't live to see 2011, but I'm here and you may well beat it, too. My Dad died of cancer when he was 52 (I was 13) and I'm now 65. Hang in there - I know it's a hell of a shock to be told you've got cancer, but it CAN be beat in a lot of circumstances. Fight it and keep on fighting and don't give up.

If you want to talk, PM me.

11. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Do what you want to do and believe me and the others that a positive attitude is very important. I've known people that lived for years with it and some that have beaten the odds and alot of that is from attitide so NEVER give up on yourself. Vent all you want to, we're all here for ya. Prayers sent from NY...

12. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

No time to give up now, you are too young to give in. Stay with it, get the best medical help you can get and above all call on the ultimate physician for healing.

my dad who is going to be 78 in August and not in great health otherwise had "robotic surgery" about 20 months ago and by the grace of God he is doing well now.

Stay positive, stay busy, and stay proactive....

13. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Hang in there dude, try to be positive - positive you are going to beat this and do the things you want in life.

14. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Thanks for all the support you guys...Don't worry I Never Throw In the Towel...Just gets on your mind...Plays with your head...Love All You Guys

15. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Do your best to keep your chin up.. it helps all the way around..

We'll lift you up around here!!

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

people say many four letter words are nasty. maybe but, not as nasty as the five letter word-cancer. I am a survivor of cancer and mild stroke (MIA). still broke. have family and friends doing the cancer battle right now. hope you have good medical coverage and have the right doctor for you. one day at a time, and changes within each day. you are not alone. Hell some dummy is going to get his life ended today just by texting on his phone today instead of watching where he is going.

17. customs by jason

customs by jason

sorry to hear. dont give up just take it one day at a time and do all you can. none of us know when our time is up just make the best out of every min you have and tell and show your family you love them often. we will be praying for you and your family

18. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah! Same here! Been cancer free since '04.. I had one that was the size of a golf ball.. :(

19. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I admire all of you hot-roddin cancer survivors. Cheers to you. May you all live long pain-free and enjoyable lives.

20. wood470

wood470

I ve had throat cancer 8 years ago and prostrate cancer 4 years ago and I m still kickin. Just not quite as hard as before. NO use givin up, you mite as well hang around as long as you can and see what happens. Feelin sorry for yourself won t help anything but I know its hard not to once in a while. Be glad for every day you get and don t waste em.

21. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I bet 90% of the people who read this have already said a prayer for you. When it comes to the Hamb thats a hell of alot of prayers. Stay focused and don't let this news depress you.
    Every day is a blessing for us all. We don't know how long we have on this rock. Some just get a realization of that with negative news beforehand. Miracles do happen. You have my prayers. PJ

22. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

I was diagnosed and treated for stage 3 base of tongue cancer 3 1/2 yrs ago. Underwent chemo and 42 radiation treatments. I stayed positive and eventhough I lost my Dad in 2001 to Lymphoma cancer, I wasn't going to let it get me. You ABSOLUTELY need to stay positive plus prayer does work too. Don't ever give up!
    I'm doing fine and going for the 5 year no-reoccurance mark which the Docs say is the point of no cancer returning.
    If you need to vent PM me anytime; you're in my prayers.

23. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and I know what it means to have to vent frustration, but the truth is that there's no guarantee for tomorrow for any of us.

One of my good friends was working in his garden two weeks ago and I just sang at his funeral.....total surprise.

Get to work on that 48 and enjoy it.

24. eticket

eticket

48flthdf1 hang in there don't give up, we really feel that it is the positive attitude that will help beat the big C. I am a 6 year cancer surivor, they had to remove 13 lymph nodes, and had to sell the roadster because the docotor told me " You and the sun equal DEATH" so when I go the shows now I wear a long sleeve while shirt, big ol hat, and loads of sunscreen. My wife last year was diagnosed with Stage III C ovarian cancer, and they removed about the size of a grapfruit worth of cancerous stuff from inside, had to go through 6 chemo treatments. But with a good attitude, and lots of prayer she is back to almost normal, even gaining back some of her weight :) She is back to riding her bicycle about 15 miles every other day, and she just drove her motorcycle about 200 miles, and was even going to do part of the Hot Rod Power Tour in a non AC car. So DON'T GIVE UP, get a second opinion, we drove 4 hours for a reliable 2nd opinion, and use the internet to check out your cancer doctor.

25. brad chevy

brad chevy

Prayers to you,keep your head up don"t ever hang your head and give up.Keep doing what you normally do and beat that crap.Strong mind and chin up.

26. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Went through chemo starting in 2009 for lymphoma. After chemo and prayers there is no trace of cancer in me.
    Although having cancer is no joke, try to stay positive as you can, and think of it as a bump in the road of life.
    PM me anytime you need to ask a question about treatment, or just want to let off steam.
    Cancer does change your perspesctive on life, and what is really important.

27. pastlane

pastlane

Don't give up yet. I've beaten both liver & lung cancer so far. I'm into my 12th year now (there are times I wonder why I'm still here but I beat those dark clouds back as quickly as I can). I do give thanks for every day I'm here.

Keep smiling & keep moving smiling, that truck isn't going to build itself.

28. Refuse to lose!,keep a positive attitude.

My mom was given 4 months,,she lived a happy 18 years longer that anyone dreamed.

I am condensed that dogged determination and a strong faith in God had a lot to do with her longevity.

Stay strong. HRP

29. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Hey..You know it's not that I feel sorry for me at all...It's the ones I love That I feel for...I just watched my Dad Go and it was not a pretty site...I refuse to let that happen to me...Maybe I am just a hard headed asshole, but I do have my dignity...I will be fine..Just worried about my beautiful wife...

30. Gator

Gator

Sucks man, just found out in May my mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer.

Hang in there.