Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado car collection getting crushed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rom828, Jul 15, 2011.

1. rom828

rom828

2. damn it, man...there is more than enough good tin left there...hope these get bought and not turned into new kias

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Roadtriiiiip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Arrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!

I need the headlight filler panels and lower panels from under the bumpers on those '59 Chevys and the rear bumper guards off that '60 wagon!!!!

JH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Well, I guess no one can complain too much as they are all sitting there for sale. Guess we will see if they get purchased by those that bitch and complain about scrapping, or if the BS stops right here.

6. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

wish I could make it out there to pick some up!

7. "All vehicles, trucks, tractors, other items under 5 tons weight - $1500 your choice. Some with titles, some without. CASH ON THE BARRELHEAD, no monkey business, no malarkey. Scrappers get lost, contract has been signed. HURRY! First come first served. As is where is. YOU LOAD YOU HAUL!"

How damn awesome is that?!?!??!

$1500 for your choice. We pay that around here for a rusted out hulk.

I'd like to have about $6000 worth that I can see...

Hope someone saves them all.

8. Ghost28

Ghost28

I was just in fairplay end of June. I spent a week up there fishing. These cars have to be hidden in the hills someplace because the town isn't that big. I might have to make another fishing run up there.

9. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Wow! Wish I could get up there!

10. F&J

F&J

I don't see any rot holes, and geez, look at the chrome on the bumpers. I am sure it's not show quality, but good enough for a lot of people.

11. Toner283

Toner283

Plus they get cheaper as the crusher date gets closer. Price goes DOWN to $1200 on August 15th, DOWN again to $900 on August 25th, $600 on September 5th and bottoms out at $300 on September 10th. THE CRUSHER IS COMING and gets everything, that is EVERYTHING September 20th, including your favourite if you don't ACT NOW! You snooze, you lose. The cows want to eat GRASS, not iron!

At least there will be a chance to save them. I wish the owner would let them sit there until they were free.:(

12. Man that just sickens me, theres so much good tin there is just bloody criminal to crush it, wish we had that sort of stuff over here seems the only stash of cars you can find over here is pommy stuff like bloody old wolseleys and hillmans etc.

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

It says right there that most of the desirable ones in the pictures are long gone and the photos are from 2006-2007. Bring on the crusher----

14. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

maaan why can i not win the lottery , id be hoarding whole salvage yards , cant afford the junk i have now

15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

OLD pics and not much of a friendly reception. from the crappy tiny pics i can only imagine what good stuff is gone. And its location, anything thats sat very long will have RUSTY floors from being feet of snow in it all winter long.

16. CollegeKid

CollegeKid
    from Minnesota

17. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Ditto "Sickening" 4ttruk

18. imperialman67

imperialman67
    from minnesota

Man....Did you see the Forward look Mopars in that picture including what looked to be a 61 Imperial? Sure hope they get rescued.

19. mike bourg

mike bourg

Has anyone been able to contact these folks?????
    the email address is not working and no one answers the number provided, just waiting for a call back.

sure hope this isn`t already done and over with

MikeB

20. mike bourg

mike bourg

I just recieved a call back from amanda on the cars, have an appointment for 10 am monday, she still has about 700 left to sell so if any one is interested now is the time to act..

she does work by appointment only......

the email address is correct I just can`t read anymore, damn

MikeB

21. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Mike -
    If you do not mind take some pics and post em so some of us can get an idea of whats left. Would appreciate it, thanks!

22. Toner283

Toner283

x2.

23. mike bourg

mike bourg

24. Wow, that four door '55-'56 Oldsmobile looks awesome. To bad I am not any closer. Sounds like a fair price for that stuff as well.

25. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

That avatar just got you probation mister....double secret probation!:eek: