Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Good or bad let us see pictures of your F1 or F100!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56fordf100, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Clark, that thing is wild! Any more pics or details?

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Holy crapola you're building what I've been thinking about! Please post more info. What year is it?

3. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

im makin' my hot rod out of a hood!

[​IMG]

4. Ford-o-Matic

Ford-o-Matic
    from Bay Area

Heres mine : )

Attached Files:

5. Clark

Clark

I think there is a pic a couple of pages back.

It's a 48 Ford panel truck turned into a suburban type vehicle. It's got the extra door, a 57 Ford wagon roof, 2 inch chop and a whole lot more body mods.

Hope to have paint on it this week.

here's a pic of it in bare metal
    Clark
    [​IMG]

6. havi

havi

It's a 2wd Ford Ranger! Love it!

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That is cool! Do you have a build thread on it? What motor do you have in it?
    I thought about doing something like that for the wife so we can get rid of the SUV and have two cool trucks. I have a '51 F1 project in the works right now.

8. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

Here's mine. An old pic.

[​IMG]

And a newer pic of the upgrades.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. Clark

Clark

Oahu....there are a couple of build threads but they are buried in the depths of the HAMB.

I wish it was mine. It will be the perfect SUV type hot rod.

It has a sbc and 700r4. It's all about drivabilaty.

I painted it today but my phone ate the pics.
    Clark

10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

My thoughts exactly.

11. My old 53. I bought it as a stocker but had a siezed 350 olds engine/automatic.
    I subframed it with a 76 Z-28 sub..built a 301 chevy for it, 350 turbo and a 66 lincoln rearend.
    The guy I sold it to painted it red.

Attached Files:

12. My buddy, Tom's old 56. Ran a subframe and a big block chevy.
    I drove it to BTT 50s a few years back to help him sell it...it sold.

Attached Files:

13. brewsir

brewsir

here's one more for the long thread..my new daily. 1960 ...runs a 327 turbo400 and 12 bolt rear!
    [​IMG]

14. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Here is one I bought and turned around and sold...

Attached Files:

15. Clark

Clark

Now in living color! I'll see if I can bring the build post back up.
    Clark
    [​IMG]

16. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Not for sale. Too bad cuz its awesome! Later,Bill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I cant remember if i posted this, So here ya go

Attached Files:

18. Kind of an Update, a little more done on my long term project. I really enjoy seeing the trucks posted on this thread.

Attached Files:

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looking good Charley. Is that a fiberglass hood?

20. Thanks Eli, No, it's mostly filler.......I have 5 hoods and this is the best one. Still looking for one good enough to louver.

21. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Fooled me! Do you know of anyone who makes 'glass hoods for our trucks? Mine has the inner bracing pretty badly tweaked by someone forcing it open and I'm not sure if I can fix it. A 'glass one sure would be nice.

23. I'm not aware of anyone making them now.
    Obsolete and Classic Auto Parts in Okc used to but I noticed in their recent catalog they are discontinued. I bought their rear fenders, good quality. I bought boards, lower valence and lower fender extensions from Bebops, not so good.
    The front's all steel (and filler) now.
    If the inner bracing is the same, I have a hood or two with a decent set if all else fails let me know. I can drill them out for shipping.

24. I picked this 66 shorty up in April of this year, and am using it as my daily driver.

240 six, 3 on the tree, 60K original miles, original paint, rust-free Oklahoma truck. It sat for about 7 years after the original owner died. I replaced hoses, belts, points, plugs, rebuilt the carb, cleaned out the gas tank, packed the front bearings and have been driving the heck out of it.

Recently made a 6 hour trip to haul a bed full of shop tools and it performed like a champ, although the 3.90 gears were not super happy about running 65 on the interstate for all that distance.

Since April, I've bought a straight front bumper and a rear bumper that matches the front one.....and will be ditching the nasty ranch bumper on the rear.

I plan to pull the bed off and paint everything in rustoleum black to protect it against the Houston humidity, and then do the same thing to the front clip.....the original paint will remain untouched. When the front clip comes off, the engine will get freshened up, repainted and then re-installed....maybe with a four bbl. carb.

Also, soon to come are some beefier tires.....the 235 75 15s that are on it now are more than ten years old and in addition to being ugly and too small, are starting to disentegrate.

Attached Files:

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That would be great if they are the same. I'll be tackling the hood in a couple of weeks, working on the drive train and brakes right now. I'll definitely take you up on it. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not the hood bracing is the same?

26. ugotpk

ugotpk

27. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

28. maverickman514

maverickman514

[​IMG]I think I can figure out how to post a few pics.... my 56 missing 4 inches...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dropping the cab onto a 92 Crown Vic chassis and drivetrain.... custom box and 20 inch wires.... gonna be fun

29. Glad you posted the pics. I was going to cut the top in quarters, but I can see it can be cut in half. My chop will be 2 inches. Thanks.:cool: