Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Barn Find" All Original '32 Ford!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemi Joel, Jul 17, 2011.

1. slammed

slammed

Super find! Preserve the car for now. Cut up a roach.

2. Holy Crap.
    I don't know what else to say, congratulations, don't do anything to it except preserve it, new tires brakes, fuel lines, etc...

They ARE still out there...

3. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

I agree, except for the horn:rolleyes:

4. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

Omg! Sweet! Sweet! Sweet!

5. cruzr

cruzr

cool find...................

how ever this is a HOT ROD site..............

needs drop axle....juice brakes..........

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Fabulous find, but please replace those "custom" bumpers and guards with stock 32s!
    Enjoy!

7. That is a really nice find. Since it has already been "modified" by the change in bumpers and the sealed bean headlights, you should not feel bad about doing a bit more in upgrades.

8. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

100% agree............Hot Rod the hell out of that thing. But make sure you keep it taditional :D.

9. x2!!!! it's only original once, not to mention its a one and a million find.

10. I'm surprised to hear how many guys would leave the car alone! This is a hot rod site right? V8 swap, juice brakes and drop axle would be on the top of my list. I think the exterior looks pretty cool the way it is though.

11. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

There are a lot of repro OHV conversions available. That'd be nice. The mechanical brakes work fine if in good shape. Great find!

12. ratster

ratster

looks like a good one to make a hotrod out of. nice score!

13. rawkie

rawkie

cool find, always wondered what i would do in the same situation and more than likely chop it, whatever direction you choose you have one hell of a ride to start out with

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  14. Dam ! You're one Lucky So and So, You need to be playin the Lottery !

Great find !

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Once again the find of a fairly decent old car has brought out the "Women of the HAMB"
    "Doris, you wouldn't believe it but I just found one of Joe's old condoms in the back of his sock drawer. I've been feeling kinda horny lately and I sure would like to get laid like the old days. Just last week he snuggled up and gave me a good feel so I was thinking...................NAW!!! I'll just throw it away and not mention it to him besides, I had forgotten about how neat they looked inside that old package. Wouldn't want to disturb that look now would we?" :(

Frank

16. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Id do the bodywork and paint the car .By the way Good luck .Your car is awesome....

17. Yup, and maybe an Ardun

18. cruzr

cruzr

well said..........

safety is a factor.......mech brakes are not safe on todays highways.....

as i said before............this is a HOT ROD site.....

HOT ROD it !~!

19. With a nice chop.......................

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

mechanical brakes are fine .Just have to be adjusted right ,I believe they have the same pounds per square inch when applied .Hydraulics are just more equalized ,

21. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I always like reading everyone's varying opinion on a car like this. I'm hot rodder to the core, but I'd honestly have to think about this one! Sure, it's only original once and '32 Fords do have extreme value, but damn this is exactly what a hot rodder in the 1950s would have started with. Think of all the cars that were still around like this one back then, only it was "just an old Ford".

Think about it...

22. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

WOW...what a beautiful car!!

23. Hot Rod it! This '32 is one honey!

[​IMG]

24. Speedy Muertito

Speedy Muertito

WOW! too cool. definetly leave it alone, except of course the safety issues. Congrats!!

25. rawkie

rawkie

looks like a tuxedo, smooth and clean

26. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Thanks for all the input and opinions. One thing to consider is that I already am in the middle of 4 projects that have been laungishing for too long, so I don't think I should start any more big projects. I need to keep it simple.

27. dudley32

dudley32

So if it's titled as a '33 ( as per yesterdays post)...it's probably worth nothing...so I'd like to be the first to offer you a little more than that... :D...:D...X/2

28. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

What a great find and great story!!! I am in awe, I know most of us on here would love to come across a 32 that nice.

Sort out the brakes and the rich condition and take that old couple out for a drive!!!

IMO, I wouldn't cut into it right away, just enjoy it in stages and make changes a little at a time.

29. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Also, Joel are you on the Fordbarn?? It was mentioned earlier for you to post this over there. Those guys would love it! (And you'd get varying opinions, and maybe leads on original parts you might need)

30. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I'd throw those fenders away from the looks of them. Will make a bitchin highboy sedan. I love my sedan. Nothing cooler.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your musics not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"