Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the coupe from half moon farms

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by I SMELL SMOKE, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Just found this thread.Great work,that car's killer!

2. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

hey guys i finally made a little progress on my coupe. i cut out the trans cross member and had to find a peace of 8 inch pipe cut in half to get enough clearance. I'm running the 4x4 t5 with one of crazydaddyo's adapters to the torque tube. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i also got the tabes for the hair pins welded on. had to wait till i could turn the frame over. i cant weld up side down [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BEAR

BEAR

5. Woohoo! Back at it! Looking good.

6. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

Good to see you are back at it. I would like to shoot down and see it in person one day. I work alot out of the country but I will hit you up when I am back.
    Keep it up
    Grommet

7. Nice work you are doing. Love the header work and the holes in the pedal arms. I am running those same Tailights too. :D

Can't wait to see her on the road -

8. I'm like the rest of the guys, I wondered what had happen with you, good to see you making progress.

9. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

I'm back on it making progress alot of it is to small to make updates about. but i should have some updates over the next few months. im currently in the middle of the engine build and brake plumbing.

10. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

we now have rear shocks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. kisam

kisam

Good to see you back at it. Nice welds!!!

12. Wow, What a Bitchen Hot Rod this is my Dream Car ! Very nice Job on everything you have done!!

13. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i thought to myself man those drilled backing plates are cool!!! i want to be cool!!!! so here we go!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they still need cleaning up but they now have holes!!

14. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

then i thought those bones would look cool drilled too!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

16. I SMELL SMOKE -

The drilled backing plates & bones look pretty good.

Before enlarging the pics on my iPhone, I was a bit worried that you had used a water-jet to cut crescent shaped holes (i.e,, "Half Moons") :rolleyes: :D

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

17. Skirv

Skirv

Man, those drilled backing plates and bones look good. Nice details that really make a car. Also, good to see you making progress again.

18. kisam

kisam

Very nice work! Great progress!

19. Looks really good with all the holes! How did you space the holes for the backing plates? They look really well laid out. Mine kind of got out of even when I did mine. I figured there was a trick to it and I didn't know it.

20. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

thanks for all the comments!!!! i just used a flat ruler to do the lay out. if you look close you can see plenty of imperfections.:D I'm a little embarrassed to say how many hours i have in the bones but lets just say im glad its done:D

21. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

The holes look good,always a fan of the,but alot of work

22. jipp

jipp

looks great. i have a question for you on your rear spring. did you buy that arch? and weld to the 32 rails or was that from your original frame the body came on? reason i ask is i hope to start a bucket T bob tail this winter. and I have the spring.. but unfortunately i did not get a bracket ( I probably get away with out as ill be building my own frame.. but damn it think it would look better having one on a bobtail T.).. but the price was free.. and like my grand ma use to say if its free its for me. lol, yeah she could of been a packrat but grandpa no allow :D

also, how strong are the banjo rear ends iv always wonder about that.. will it hold up to the hemi?

at any rate i dig the tail lights.. i think sometimes it easy to get caught up in what we are use to seeing.. and that's fine but i like to be different so congrats on the choice for tail lights.

i plan on using stock bones for the front end of my project and will be drilling them out looks like ill be in for some work.. ooo what we do to be cool. lol

subscribed.

chris.

23. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

^^^^^ thanks Chris i bought a rear model a cross member and called Tim Davis from here on the hamb. told him what i wanted and he built it with in a month. a great guy to do business with by the way! the rear end i plan on upgrading down the road with a winters quick change center section!

24. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Looks great. Love all the drilled hardware.

25. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Looks really good... I wish I was as far along with my coupe as you are!!

26. Man I know what you mean about drilling those bones, I think I had like 30 hours in mine with the drilling and welding the sleeves in, It's a lot of work for sure.

27. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

got the rear end put together and paint with new bearings and brakes!!!! i did scratch the crap out of it when putting the spring together:mad: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

28. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Lookin' good!!! Glad to see you back on it!!!

29. kisam

kisam

Nice progress! Good to see you back at it!

30. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

well guys after a 3 month slump i made it back out to the shop and got some work done.made a bracket for the slave cylinder and shorten the clutch fork just a little. [​IMG] [​IMG]