Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. Fuck your car rocks Bryan!! Jeffsled is going to love the white primer as do I although I know you think it is a bit of a nightmare.:D

2. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Nice flow; you nailed it Bryan.

3. [​IMG]
    RPW..... Im loving what you have on top of your collection..... Ben Mario-Motor Trend,Al Glickman - Hop Up and Hirohata -Hop up and the blurry one looks like Ron Dunn shoebox-Hop up but not 100% sure.You have some great taste in what you like to keep in your library. This pic was posted by RPW on post #568 and I love it.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ah yes research is quite the kick.

5. FUCK I love white primer!!!!!! Nice chevy,looks killer!

6. Oh yeah!

7. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

DUDE!!! your car is sick as hell!!! i love the stance of it.

8. Great car Rusk, very inspiring!

9. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

nice profile, great chop

10. Thanks guys.....glad to keep this great thread going.

Bryan

11. Please tell me that the white chevy stays at that height ALL of the time.I really hope that this isnt your "Parking stance". I would hate to see this car have to raise up for "Drive Height".

12. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

i know for sure it is bagged all around. i don't have a big problem with that, but im taking my bags out of mine really soon. i got tired of all the noise it makes. i really like how his chevy is coming out.

i do gotta give a big thanks to you jeff. if i didn't see your car and read the articles i wouldn't of found my way back to how i should of done things.

13. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Some absolutely amazing period customs....

Here are a couple which I think suit the '48-'52 time period..... I may be wrong.

A couple cars from Down Under....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HC.

14. thinkfink

thinkfink

15. Thanks Bickford....... I just read this , that is a huge compliment for me and im glad you are back! thanks again.

16. I am loving this and LOVING the color !! [​IMG]

17. injunjoes

injunjoes

Please do! Love those 48's!

18. What a great picture this is.Love the cars in this.[​IMG]

19. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I love brian rusk's car. I hope to get a shot at painting it when it is ready.damn that thing is evil lookin

20. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Brian does have one badass chevy!! that car will look sick ass hell if you got your hands on it. it would be top notch for sure.

21. [​IMG]
    As heavy as it gets.

22. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

hi Jeff!
    dont make me feel bad! the car is waiting for the next step! but I have a 'small' project to take care of first!
    and it will have the 48 grille....it fits the wings and the bumber better. i also use a 48 cluster, and engine.. so this will be 'build' year
    photoshop: uncle Rikster.
    -palle

[​IMG]

Will-E2, Lines and BigO like this.
  23. Palle is that Kustom7777 old Caddy?

24. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

yep sure it is!
    its all in pieces now! the frame is completely done..so its only tinwork.
    and it needs alot! more later this year!
    -palle

25. So many projects so little time:D.

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

I cant wait ...must see pics !! Lol!

27. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

JB thanks for this thread, exactly why i come here. Just read the whole thing and learn't so much. I'm going to be far more careful when folks ask me about my 65 Amazon (wannabe Merc) and i tell them its moving towards being a very mild kustom with a slight taildragger stance. Think i'll stick with it's just an old car, with dodgy rear springs, some non original parts and been hacked about abit:D. Seriously i'm always learning and thanks again for the great thread, can only dream about cars like this. If i won lotto i know what cars would be in my garage and anyone of these year correct cars would be one of them.

Cheers Dan

28. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Bringing it to the top. One of my favorite thread.

29. Where's a pic of that chopped and smoothed 48 Chrysler New Yorker three window coupe? Bright red with chrome smoothies. Those have the makings of real fluid customs.

30. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Had to bring this thread back up. This ways people can see what a real custom looks like. Nothing over chopped or looking all broke laying the frame or body on the ground. Wish more people with get it and look at old magazines instead of these crap magazines all about the scene.

These cars had class and style. Most so called customs have no class and i dont even know what kind of style they where trying to go with. YES I KNOW! Everyone has there own opions.