Register now to get rid of these ads!

frame missing 1957 nomad!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wagzilla, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retromotors

retromotors

The point being that any help that was forthcoming was in NO WAY due to the efforts of the OP.
    I'll go polish my gold chain, you go build yourself another rat rod.

2. Well no but I may ask that he spell supercalifagilisticexpialidoshus or at the very least sing the doh ray me song in 3 part harmony. :D

I don't think they are referring as much to grammar as they are to the complete and utter lack of information. I could be wrong though.

Hey is that utter or udder. Which one is correct in this instance. Inquiring minds want to know.

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

good luck,i've been his shoes.it f*cken sucks,the only difference is the police told me if the guy came in and confessed then they do something.WTF.
    i hope he finds his man or his parts.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well he does need help hunting the individual who has his frame (and money) down and no doubt someone told him that this is a good site to post on to to accomplish that.

That said, there seems to be a certain element that seems to believe that you have to misspell words and use poor grammar in your writing to make people think you are one of the "cool guys" and get you in the "club".

Well, anyone have any ideas on where this "frame builder" might be hanging out this month? Or what may have happened to him?

5. blackprimer

blackprimer
    BANNED
    from Reality

I share in your pain.

6. I didn't have any trouble understanding what he meant altho I did go to his other post and it was better. Any guy that enjoyed english and payed attention in english class is suspect for sure.

7. blackprimer

blackprimer
    BANNED
    from Reality

It`s "Utter"....Don`t get your tit in a wringer over it.

8. Enuff, already! I'm outta here. Oh, am I in "the club" yet? Hey retromotors, your not supposed to use the words RAT ROD on this message board, remember?

9. retromotors

retromotors

Yeah, I guess you're right.
    How dare someone actually try to pass themselves off as a literate human being. What a pretentious ass I am.....!:(

But there is an upside. My knuckles don't drag the ground when I walk.

10. Ahhh! Clarity at last! Thank you! It's important for the OP to communicate the situation clearly so we know what the story is. I don't really want to search other threads to try and figure it out.

I hate ripoff assholes. I take it that this Rob Legget guy is now missing in action along with the Chassis and all the parts? Now, what can we do to help this guy out?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  11. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Why not?
    Boner's car is a Rat Rod and I see it on tv every day.:D

12. I actually guessed he was talking about a chassis I din't know that the fella in question was a fram builder although it was either that or a thief.

Now the next question even though I could geuss that it was a chassis that was missing is am I looking for a stock nmad chassis for sale on the down low or a trick chassis like a chassis engineering chassis or ???

Saxman,
    I don't know what you can do to help, maybe look between your place and where Mr leggit was last seen for a body? Maybe the fella was waylayed by a band if pigmy parts thieves.

Well I hope I have mispelled enough to get in the club. This should get it back on top.

To the OP I do hope you find your stuff man. I hate a thief.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

This might not be the right time to mention it, but as a plan "B" I believe Elpolacko still has a tri five frame leaning against the wall at his shop needing a home.

14. You are always so practical. ;)

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Which he didn't link to.

That clarifies so much.

16. badshifter

badshifter

Fellas, the answer is so simple. S-10 frame swap.

17. 6inarow

6inarow

squirrel, you are a good man.

bump for the nomad frame houdini act

18. Sold it years ago, seamless frame, super straight and rust free. Very nice piece and had to give it away. Sold it for $150.00

I do have drawings on hand for building new ones. I don't think this is the point of the thread though.

Carry on.

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

wagzilla-would have been better to have taken the time to include some backround info on your situation, and exactly why you are looking for this guy. maybe post the pic of the guy that you did on trifive.com

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  20. Exactly! I'm sure all of us would like to help but we could use some more info on who we're looking for and exactly why. Did this guy have a commercial shop? Where was it located? Have any HAMBers ever heard of this Rob guy?

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I really really hope that's a joke. :rolleyes::confused:

22. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

can't we all just get along. Lets all hold hands and sing coon by yah or something like that.

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Oh you mean Kumbaya. The joke is even funnier with you not being able to spell it after the rash of shit the OP caught.:D

And just FYI, I am laughing at you, not with you. :eek:

24. retromotors

retromotors

Yeah, I don't think "coon by yah" would fly very well in my location.:D

25. And how would ANYONE know that from reading his post? There was no information there that was decipherable and if he really is looking for help, just state the facts, not hint that it might be on some other web forum. Dorry but that post was incoherent.

Now see, that's the kind of information that should have been posted in the first place.

Does that have to do with a certain fella standing by you in the "old south"? (Lord I apologize)

26. i r a bedder swimerer dan a spellar

27. 61falcon

61falcon

how does this pointless thread make it to 3 pages and last more than 24 hours when a thread about stolen OT hamb'er owned muscle car cant last a day????

28. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

My question was serious and not meant to ridicule the guy.
    I can understand that someone might not need good language skills to fight fires but I am floored that firefighters make enough money to buy a Nomad AND a custom frame with Corvette suspension!

I had a good paying job for more than 30 years but could not afford a Nomad

29. I liie it better the other way. I am not absolutely sure what a yah is but if there is a coon by it I'll bet it is a good place to look for MR Leggit.

I used to fish by a place where there were always lots of coons at night. pretty damned good fishing hole. If I was a pigmy chop shop owner and had to get rid if a chassis guy I would tie a Ford around his neck and dump him there. :rolleyes:

I am not laughing with or at anyone BTW I am just laughing. :D

Falcon,
    I am not sure about the thread in question here, this one is just fun. Its all about having fun at someone else's expense. If the misplaced parts show up as a by product well so be it.

30. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

me, I'm laughing at porkybeaner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.