Register now to get rid of these ads!

frame missing 1957 nomad!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wagzilla, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wagzilla

wagzilla
    from arizona

Looking for a Rob Leggett it Was California chassis werks ???? I put this up on the tri five web site also... I filed a police report. Someone has to have seen him. I don't want any one else getting ripped off.

I'm sorry guy's. I should have waited tell I had more to time to do a write up. I still really don't have much time. I need your help I few years ago I started on a project 1957 nomad I wanted to put corrvette suspenion on it....I didn't have the tools at the time to do it right. So I found a shop in California: Calfornia Chassis Werks......that's the way they spell it. So I packed up my frame my c4 suspenion and my wheels and headed to California Any way everything seemed to be going fine. I was getting e-mails and pictures. Then I started not getting pictures or emails...I was still able to talk with him on the phone. Last yr he was still not finished. So re redid the contract and it was going to be done in August 2010 never heard from him... I knew the guy next door to he's shop....So as long as he was talking to him I was good. I get e-mail from the guy next door to him . He took off with he's stuff and he was moving into a bigger building....ok......It didn't work out....so then he said he putting it into storage...in Downey......anywayI called the police to go check it out and they did and there was nothing. All my stuff is gone. I'm looking for a guy named Rob Leggett.....any help would be great.
    [​IMG]
    this is my stock 1957 frame.
    [​IMG]
    this was suspose to be my new frame.
    [​IMG]
    this is my C4 corvette suspenion.
    [​IMG]
    this is my 1957 nomad....I have the body!!!

thanks so much for your help

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

A little more info will be very helpful. That way we know what the heck you are talking about.

3. W T H does that post mean?

4. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I'm missing a window frame too. Maybe the same guy collects them.
    Then I just noticed my license plate frame is gone.
    I accused this guy but he said he was "framed".

5. jipp

jipp

looks like a guy who was working for X baild and took a frame and air compressor.. oo what you learn from google.. i can say the rear in looks nice!!

6. zing!

7. Fenders

Fenders

8. retromotors

retromotors

Sigh ....
    The language is dying.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've got a '32 roadster that's missing the frame. Coincidence?:rolleyes:

Frank

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I had an old four poster brass bed last week...now the frame to that is missing...

What's brass worth these days...copper is sky high...

R-

11. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Do a Zabasearch on the guy.

Here are all the names for Robert Leggett in California:

Link

12. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

How does a person with such poor language skills earn enough money to buy a custom chassis with corvette suspension?

13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

illegally?

14. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Nice bunch you are. The guy is asking for help, and all you can do is find grammatical & spelling errors in his plea.

I suppose you'd ask a guy who is drowning to spell Baccalaureate correctly before helping him out.

[FONT=Georgia,Times][/FONT]</pre>

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  15. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

He said he was looking for someone.
    He didn't say he needed help.
    I'm looking for a job.
    That doesn't mean I want your help.

16. The guy gets "F"ed over and looses a bunch of $$$$$ and valuable parts, to a thieving turd, and all he gets is citations from the English police. What a great community of fellow gear heads. Always ready to lend a hand

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  17. Doesn't saying you're looking for someone, on a public forum, tacitly imply that you're looking for a little help?
    Good luck with your job search. I will not help.

18. Ghost28

Ghost28

That really sucks to put the money and time into your car only to have the parts vanish. I am glad that I do most of my work, otherwise I would be a nervous wreck these days trying to find someone reputable to do the work. Good luck in your search..John

19. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Spell it? Hell, i could hardly pronounce it!

20. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Ha Ha Ha. You and I would drowned. That's for sure.

21. retromotors

retromotors

Carl, I really don't think that's the situation.
    I followed the link (posted by another HAMBer, BTW) to the OP's thread on another site. There he clearly stated his situation and problem.

His original post on this thread was gibberish!
    If you need help, it seems only logical to outline the situation in a discernible fashion, instead of setting up some sort of puzzle.
    Don't know about everyone else, but my crystal ball is out being drycleaned.

22. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Yea, at least have enough courtesy to provide enough information so someone can figure out what he needs. Not just post something (with only 5 post to his name) and take off.

23. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Could it be the school system? :)

25. fanspete

fanspete

Courtesy runs both ways.

Make the post understandable and our responses will be courteous and helpful.
    (well, most will!)

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The funny thing is that all the ragging he's gotten has kept this bumped. And the posting of the other link fills in the blanks. Like it or not it's helped more than letting the thread die and sink to the bottom...

27. squirrel

squirrel

James is a local who took the frame from his nomad over to this guy who was supposed to put new suspension in it...the guy never did the work, and stole his parts.

If you know the whereabouts of the crook, please let James know! Thanks.

btw he got enough money to buy a nomad by working for the local fire department...he's a good guy

28. retromotors

retromotors

zman,
    Regarding your signature line:
    "I have gotten grief for pointing out that the white, speckled stuff on chicken shit is still chicken shit. I will continue to do so... Chili Phil"

I hesitate to contradict Chili Phil, but I always thought that was meringue.:D

29. What a hen house, all these comments and only one or two were of any help, if at all. Y'all need to go back to polishing yer gold chains. What the hell does backaloriat, bacheloryette, bakilloriot mean any how:)?

30. tpw35

tpw35

I just looked under my 65 Falcon and my frame is missing to, Looks like we may have a frame theif on the loose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.