Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for the invite CK. I'll have to make it over there this summer. I'm planning a trip to see a few relatives that are still around in SoCal.
    JG, things have probably changed since then. I was talking about a time back in the 60's & 70's. I like my beer in a tall frosted glass.;)

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Great cruise nite at the broiler thanks for coming out

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Things have changed, the glasses are always frosty cold @ the Broiler :)

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Damn :eek:, I'm redder then the stacks on the Queen Mary.

5. Adriene

Adriene

Heard you had a great turnout, and a couple I sent over said they really enjoyed talking to you last week, K.

6. Adriene

Adriene

Thanks, Doug. J56, I like that your award was recognizing your car as you built it=an Early Street Machine. *Congratulations!*

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Thanks Adriene. Just to add to what I said before about meeting great people @ the Broiler and that is Mazooma. A person that was a mystery to me here on the HAMB but Thanks to Kevin we have gotten to know one another.

8. Cruised up here with a couple of friends last night,it was late but still some cars.We just hung out at the counter but it was cool,Johnny Gee I really dig your chevy man,it just has the right look.Got to meet Kevin as well and just wanted to thank you guys for all of your effort,the Broiler rules.

9. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Downey? Snobs?...........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh crap, I just pee'd a little. I've met a lot of people in Downey and the only ones who were snobs were the people that WEREN'T from Downey, That thought they were better than the people FROM Downey.

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Thanks, JeffSled

11. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

JIm, Karen,Lindsay and myself send a sincere Thanx to all who came out to the Broiler for cruise nite. I dig seeing all of the different cars that show up, I know that they do too! Hope that we see y'all again next week as well!
    CK

12. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Look out Kevin et al, I'm coming to visit and eat June 2012. Swmbo'd gave me the ok and the cash. I'm coming for el mo and LARs 2012.

See you then Kevin

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  13. it was nice last night

14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanx for coming out. It was nice to see you and we appreciate your support, hope ta see ya again soon,
    Thx,
    CK

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Like tonight? Retro Rick is gonna spin his platers for us tonite. And for those who like 50/50s and prizes:rolleyes: come on down. I'll be inside drink'n beer.

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Mark,
    Looking forward to seeing againg at the Broiler, This time in a hot rod under a canopy that is lit with building lighting instead of construction lighting. :D- Not on here to much at the moment, still waiting to get hooked up again to wi-fi at home,These 1951 constructed home with lead line to the poles make U-verse difficult to get a propper signal. Come on Aug 3rd.
    Cheers

17. Adriene

Adriene

Hey there Friends & HAMBers, I know tonight's Van Nuys Cruise Night, let's try to stop in at Cyclone Kevin's Wednesday nite cruise before or after! I hear there'll be plenty of "...Cheap Cold Beer tonight at Bob's Big Boy Broiler, so roll in early to catch Happy Hour from 3-6pm, $2 Bud Light & Pabst Blue Ribbon, $3 Corona, Modelo, Shocktop, Fat Tire, Newcastle, Sierra Nevada...AND $4 Appetizers!" so come on down.....AND BRING A DESIGNATED DRIVER WITH YOU!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  18. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Kev
    I finally got the plaque mounted on the Buick. I used some mirror polished stainless plate to mount it.

Too bad it aint running right now. Took the valvetrain out to fix a few things.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Paul

Where did you get that plaque from?

I want one!!!!

20. eric

eric

A few of us will be there tonight.
    See you guys there!

21. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I bought it from Kevin. He even painted it for me. I am sure he can make sure you get one when you come out next year. Looking forward to seeing you again.

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Adriene, since your pimp'n the beer, I elect you to be my driver :D

23. 64sled

64sled

I'm leaving now, is there any way to extend that happy hour :)

24. Adriene

Adriene

At your service

25. Adriene

Adriene

that looks great, Paul!

26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

photo from Adriene........

[​IMG]

27. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hey there Paul, that looks great--thanks for posting it! Hurry up and get the Buford back on the road so you can roll on out to the Broiler. Adriene's '56 will be back on the road again soon...we can have a 1956 night ;)

Hey Eric, thanks for comin' on out, it's great to see you guys out in force! Appreciate that :)

Hey Mark, will put one aside for you, they're $28.50 (shipping to Oz would be expensive) so I'll save it til you're back out in June.

I was out at Van Nuys Cruise last night, met some HAMBers, handed out our cruise night flyers. Last time the Strays came out from VN to the Broiler, that was great. Adriene's been working with the Coachmen in Ventura who are now planning to roll on out to the Broiler too.

Thanks to all for your support!

CK

28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wow!
    What a great looking Jeepster! Looks like its Broiler equipped Thanx M-Man and A for showing an example of a raw plaque. We Chromed #1 plaque for Jim.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Seems I need a Designated Driver before getting to the Broiler. Got pulled over going, not from. :mad:

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

JG,
    Are you telling us that your happy hour starts before you get to the Broiler? ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.