Register now to get rid of these ads!

New ethanol gas VS Heet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56oldsDarrin, Jul 12, 2011.

1. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I think my P/U may have water in the gas.
    With the new 10% ethanol fuel does Heet (or other gas driers) even work anymore?

2. we have had 10% ethanol in our gas in the St Louis, Mo area since the late 70's early 80's & I haven't had any problems burning it in everything & anything.
    Could be where you bought your fuel having bad gas...joe

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Those gas additives WERE alcohol! If you have water, adding more than what's in there now, probably won't help. Drain it, and dump it.

4. Heet still works just fine. I use it every fall to dry my stuff put before the cold weather hits.

If you think you have enough water in your gas to effect the way that it runs your best bet is to drain the tank and start over.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I doubt the problem is H2O. If you are running oxygenated gas (10% ethanol), the alcohol would have already put the H2O into solution. If you have a 20 gallon tank, there would be two gallons of alcohol in the tank already. Adding a pint of HEET won't make a significant difference.

rust perhaps?

6. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I have this light throttle "miss? stumble?" that "feels" alot like water in the gas.
    I can drive throught it with more throttle.
    so far;
    rebuilt carb
    fuel filter
    cap, rotor, points,
    plugs, wires.

It needed all these things and runs much better but it still stumbles.
    BTW its a 66 ford P/U, 352, 3speed.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

jetting perhaps?

8. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

They make water seperators for boats, I don't see why one would not work on a car using this E-10 shit they sell now.

9. Once again, many of us in the center of the country have been using blends for 20-30 YEARS with no real issues. :rolleyes: