Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My 2011 Iola, WI swap meet photos--

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 10, 2011.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I have to be truthful here. I didn't leave any food for Mrs. PF when I left for WI and when I returned 4 days later all I got was hot tongue---and cold shoulder!

2. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

Swap Meet Cindy here:.....Poverty is a very good story teller. But what he failed to include in his story of Iola is that there are a lot of very good looking, single men, with a lot of money. (Bob Wop and Lawrence). So if you are into that type of thing....you should go in 2012. Swap Meet Cindy. :)

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

:eek::eek::eek:
    OMG---Cindy, how about the guy wearing only his underwear whose photo you took along with the guy in the Scottish kilt, and the guys who looked like he was a hiker from the Swiss Alps????
    For those of you who don't know Cindy produces a "Men of the Swap Meet" calendar each year. Honest Injun----true story.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Hi Paul,

Great event coverage. I made it to Iola but not until late Friday. When I went to your space mid day Saturday (hoping to cash in on your invite) there was only an empty space! Of course, now I know the rest of the story..........

I didn't cover as much ground as I thought I might but was pleasantly surprised to recognize quite a few 'notable items' in your pics that I, too, had given more than a passing glance. Also, having missed Bopwop was my loss too.

Anyway, if the Little Woman wants to go next year she will have to get more time off so we can get there sooner. Not really her fault (though I'm going to blame her) as I did not decide for sure to go until about Tuesday.

Short visit or not, we had a great time and I am planning on being there next year for the duration. Oh, btw, we spotted the Crystal Cafe and their "to die for" pies and stopped when leaving and got some carryout. Wish I knew they had the pork and sauerkraut.......dang it! well, there's always next year!

Regards,
    Ray

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

you are learning well, Grasshopper

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

you didn't speak of my talents!

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Ray, I wanted to meet you. See you next time.

8. phat rat

phat rat

Are those talents X rated?

9. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Thanks PF for the great story and equally great photos. One of my favorite posters on the H.A.M.B.

10. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

I looked around for you spot, no such luck on finding it maybe some other parts caught my eye everytime i got near your spot. maybe next year. I did see kelly from kelly's hot rod parts. nice talking to you kelly. I also invaded the PBRme ASAP camp ground spaces. I did not get a chance to pee on his sleeping bag but my buddie did get a chance to pleasure him self with his pillow though.

Attached Files:

11. Gee wizz, maybe Cindy can save December for me next year....

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Gene, I looked for you and John and never did find you even though Scott told me about where your booth was. I think he said "it's over that way" as he pointed into a sea of perhaps 2,000 vendors---:D

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Not true really---
    She had a nice meal waiting for me and L as soon as we arrived home on Saturday night. :)

14. I only get that way when I find a cache of Mel Tillis parts!!!!!:D

15. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

I am on H-28 H-29, been there for 33 years right next to the flush toilets, food stand and all the Mel Tillis memorbilia. Catch you in Greenfield Ia :)
    Gene

16. Cool to meet you, too, Paul. I had your spaces written down so I could find you. Wasn't hard with the nice sign! Was a great swap meet and I found what I went for and then some. :) This swap is a must do for anyone even close to the area....and even those not close! LOL

17. snelson57

snelson57

Paul...Sorry that I did not make it back to visit.

It was HOT on Friday and I was travelling with my dad....He had enough and it was time to go home in the early afternoon.

We did make it over to the Crystal Cafe for a late lunch...I have had many a breakfast in that joint over the years.

Also made it by Cliffy's both to meet him and say hi.

Next time.

18. Good gravy... this thread is full of people that avoided me when I stopped by!

Think it was my "HAMB" shirt?

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

yes, it was your bad gas

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Scott, I really wanted to visit with you. Sorry our schedules didn't work out. The crew was waiting on me and were all complaining that they hadn't eaten in the last couple of hours and Cindy was cracking the whip. Plus Bob was buying the chicken dinners so we had to hurry! Next time buddy,

21. wizzard23

wizzard23

Yep, PF just fired this guy last week. He said he was headin' west, lookin' for a new job!!!!!

22. snelson57

snelson57

Damn, Paul...you told me that you were havin chicken dinners, you didnt tell me that Bob was buying...

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Actually Frank (my personal banker) was planning on buying lunch for everyone until Bigwop pulled out a few gazillion bucks and bought all the chicken dinners in sight. I was impressed!

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

25. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

thanks for the pics. missed it this year. was really bummed.

26. Bob, feel free to send me any more money thats just laying around!:D

27. What stuff was left after pf bought it all ! ..
    Yup ol bw had plenty of money left for food

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  28. Seabeebu3

Seabeebu3

Havent made it to this swap for some odd reason,, Always here its a good one. Went to Elkhorn today, and didnt find much of anything. Springfield Missouri is in 2 weeks, then Greenfield Iowa, Jefferson, then Cedar Rapids,,

29. cs39ford

cs39ford

Cool photos The fender / hood And Mt Wheels Where at my spot R34-35

30. Thanks for sharing.
    I was thinking of going, but didn't make any plans by rounding up some friends and heading up there.
    I haven't been to Iola in years, thanks for reminding me of what a great swap meet it is.