Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best reaction you have gotten from people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. the look i get from my four year old daughter and the two thumbs up she gives me when i goose it. "do it again dad"

dodgedifferent2 likes this.
  2. Last evening I drove my O.T. black Chevelle to the market to pickup some aluminum pie pans for some cooking.
    I pull in to a spot and a teenage girl and her mom are "Nice car!" shouting at me. "Thanks" I simply reply.
    I go in, shop, and go out to the old Chevy.
    I come out to the car and there's a tall gorgeous black girl with a camera shooting pictures of it from every angle her long dark legs could carry her.
    I wanted to shoot her picture too but..................
    I finally pull away and another young couple stop next to me shouting "Nice Car Man!"
    "Thanks" again.
    I hit the street and an old man is shouting "Neat car". It's a freakin old Chevy to me that I've had for too many years to count I'm thinking.
    I get home and dump the Chevelle in the street in front of the house and walk away.
    My wife is watching this next move.
    She tells me my snooty, ultra rich 30 something , trust fund baby, neighbor rides up the street, spies the old black Chevelle out front and circles the car twice in the street is his gigabuck Porsche.( He also owns one of those fuckin' BMW sport utilities).
    She can read the OMG coming from his lips.
    Funniest reaction she ever saw from any person about the old Chevy SS .
    My 3 hot rods never drew the attention this old SS gets. What's with that?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've posted this before in another thread but this is the best reaction ever to my coupe. He had no idea the camera was on for his first ever ride in a hot rod..............still laugh my ass off every time I see it..................enjoy

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I got asked once in a grocery store parking lot if i feed my car young children because it looks like it would kill people. Kinda neat

5. big creep

big creep

hahahahaha great!

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Haha That's what the F I'm talikin bout! HAHA!

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Are you sure about that? There is an exception in Oregon for motorcycles, but in searching Oregon Law I found no exception for collector cars.
    http://law.onecle.com/oregon/480-explosives-flammable-materials-pressure-vessels/480.349.html

I never have an issue personally, as they're usually afraid to and hand me the nozzle after setting the pump, but it's not in the law that I know of.

8. Normbc9

Normbc9

I drove my '32 Chevy from the Sacramento area to Walsenberg, CO. to visit my daughter. I took the US Hwy 50 route. I tent camped, had a half dozen water bags hanging off it and fixed my own meals. On the road I was either getting polite honks with a thumbs up OR a one finger IQ salute. I changed my oil weekly, cleaned to plugs twice and had a very fun trip. Talk about kibitzers. I was stopped by a Utah Beehive Lt. who wanted to look the car over. Just out of curiosity and he did take a lot of photo's. The truckers all along the way gave me the "Hi" sign too. I'm going to Montana in late August and will go up Hwy 95 from Winnemucca. I know she'll do it and all I have to do is stick to 55 mph and be careful in the tight corners. 79 years old and still getting down the road. Hell. its even older than I am (75)!

Normbc9

Attached Files:

9. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

We picked up my dads 40 Coupe from the painters years ago ,it was on the trailer outside a friends place without windows grill etc.,2 kids were riding past on bikes one said to his friend 'what is it ,the other kid says 'i dont know but it looks like a BIG Volkswagen',,,i thought that was pretty good ,,

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

The restorer who I bought my 46 Olds project said that if the Olds turned out as good as my 35 Chevy he'd even buy it back.:D Up until the time he saw the 35 he thought I was restoring the Olds and wasn't a rodder although he knew I owned the 35. I'd never really told him what I'd done to the 35 and had planned for the 46. ;)

11. jorge55

jorge55

This had happened when i was still living in CO. On the corner on blake and 20th in downtown denver, across the street from coors field theres a bar called Jacksons Hole. I was coming out of the parking lot in my 69 fastback with the electronic exhaust cutoffs wide open. I was at the stop light and there was a group of people crossing in front of me and one of them said "Light'em up'' So i waited till they crossed looked around for other people and for cops and then i started burning some rubber. After i stoped there was a great cheer coming from all directions, couldnt see anything for a few seconds but man, i could hear the people screaming and claping. I didnt realize how much attention i got from it till i drove off, there was a light haze of smoke coming out from the car for least 1/2 a block but i could see the people standing outside of the bars and clubs. That was the best feeling in the world. The car got attention everytime i took it out but never like that night.

12. redneck reverend

redneck reverend

My 55 Ford Customline was parked out in front of my house and the neighbours 30ish son in law comes running up my driveway and says "man, 55 Chevy is my dreamcar. You are so lucky. I am trying to sell y 65 Mustang to buy one."
    Oh AND I know its not a HAMB friendly car but I had a 69 SS Chevelle a few years back and this kid pulls up next to me in a little asian hamster car and says "wanna run?" I didn't say anything so hs flips me off and says " dont be scared". His car only weighed 96 pounds so he took me for a sec then my 396 left him in the wind. He pulled over and kicked the hamster car. Best day ever.

13. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

One night, on the way home from the street races, I'm in my O.T. '68 Vette. I'm in the process of restoring so it's in primer, no bumpers. A car full of girls pull up and say, "Nice car!". I say, "What? Are you kidding? It's in primer!". They girls say, "Yeah, but it's a Corvette!!!".

14. luvzccr

luvzccr

about 5 years ago, this really older gentleman had saw me pump gas at this chevron station. i drove back home, about a 14 minute drive, and i remembered, i kept seeing the SAME CAR in my rear view mirror.

finally i get home and he pulls up beside me. he must have been 70 or 75 years old with his wife.

"excuse me young man is this your car?" i say 'yup it is! a 1958 ford sir'

he gets out and tells me a story about how his first car was a 58 ford and he and his dad would work on it together. but he sold it YEARS ago, it was a two door custom just like mine. he said he's always wanted one, and offered me 7,000 dollars. problem was he was leaving to go to washington the next day, and he wanted it right then and there.

also another problem, me and my dad and my grandpa were all working on my car. it was great bonding time for all of us.

you guys might think im crazy, but for this ol rust bucket... i turned down 7000 dollars. i felt horrible, but looking back im glad i didnt sell it. my own grandpa passed and this car has countless memories of us working on it, same with my dad.

that was the best reaction i ever got.

15. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

Maybe 5 years ago, I was driving along in my '50 Ford. A car pulled up next to me and a 20ish woman leans out and asked if it had a seat in the trunk. I still smile.

16. A few years ago when my kid sister was younger, I used to pick her up at her elementary school in my OT 1969 Pontiac Firebird. For safety, the driver has to check in at the office, and the kids can only be picked up via the semicircle driveway in front of the school (right by the front doors). There is also a teacher stationed by the front doors as the kids are leaving.

So one day, I pulled up, parked right in front of the doors and went and signed in. Came back out and chatted about my car with the teacher on duty for a few minutes, who I knew. When the bell rang, I got into the car to wait for my sister. She comes out, tosses her backpack in the back seat, and puts her seat belt on. I wait for a clearing in the kids ahead of me who are coming out of the doors before I start the engine. Turns over, but doesn't catch, so I give her a bit more gas, and she roars to life.

There happened to be a kid walking past the drivers side right by the engine when she caught. I guess I scared the hell out of him cause he jumped back, falling over as he landed. I expected the waterworks to start, but this kid sits up, a massive grin on his face as he stares at me and the car. I look over at the teacher on duty, who's laughing his ass off at the situation. I wait till the kid stands up, tell him to take care, and idle out of the driveway.

17. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

At a local cruise in one night an older, very well dressed, very respectable looking couple(80ies) looking all around my 39 asked if it were mine. When I replied yes, The lady said, as she pointed to the man with her, This old fart took my virginity in one just like it!

18. skot71

skot71

I took my family out to eat in my dad's 1962 Galaxie 4-door. After we ate we went to a store to pick up some things. As I was parking, I saw 4 teenage guys with the baggy pants/sideways hats get out of a lowered Honda in front of us, staring at the Galaxie. I was expecting a lot of attitude from them, but instead I got, "Excuse me sir, I have no idea what kind of car that is, but it is really nice! How did you lower it?" I told them what it was and that it was stock ride height. They asked if they could look it over, and after we talked for a couple of minutes, they thanked me and were on their way.

My dad sold that car to get a 1962 Bel Air 4 door, which he still has. I work at a university, and drove the car to work while my car was in the shop. A student that worked for me at the time had a Civic with the wire wheels stuck out. We went to run an errand, and when he saw the car he stopped, stuck out his arm pointing, and yelled at the top of his lungs, "GODDAMMM!!!" I'll never forget that one.

19. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Thumbs up from regular as well as knowledgeable folks....Also love it when someone follows me and when I stop ask's all about it!!
    Cheers........

20. Rosetr

Rosetr
    Member Emeritus

You didn't tell me about the girls flashing you... you said that they were flashing their camera's at your car!:mad:

As for that car show I thought that girl was having an "Orgasm" and that she needed a smoke!

One thing for sure... we sure do miss the attention that this car brought us, from Porsche owners, Harley riders, and truck drivers they were all positive and full of smiles.

Mark forgot to tell about the time he was at a Corvette event racing around the cones (he was really just drifting around the cones and making up his own course) and when he finished, a course flagman (an old guy about 80ish wearing an officials shirt and hat) flagged Mark down and when he stopped the Old guy jumped over the door into the passenger seat and told him that he had missed a couple of turns and that he could run it again!

Then he started saying that this was the "Best Car" at the event. and he jumped out of the car like a teenager surprising Mark as he was trying to show him that the doors worked!

21. I was driving my '60 Thunderbird and my son was driving my '62 Galaxie to The Hotrod Hoedown and we had to stop to pay the toll at the Harbor Tunnel, it was around 6:00 am. My son went through in front of me and seemed to take a while, when I pulled up the lady commented on my son in the '62 telling me how great the car was and then told me how the Thunderbird was now her favorite. She kept talking and talking about the cars and asking questions, then a car behind me blew the horn so I told her I should probably go. As I pulled through to hook up with my son, who was parked on the side, and hear the woman yelling at the guy that was blowing the horn. She told him she talking about, and looking, at some old cars to just keep his pants on. LOL

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

[​IMG]

I love when i get this....

23. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

pimp!

24. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Hahaha someone is in trouble! :D

25. savoy_man

savoy_man

A friend of mine and I were gassing up on our way to a car show in my red 58 Plymouth when a stoner dude goes rolling by in his beat up old Cavalier and yells out "If Satan had a car, that would be it!" That was the funniest thing I ever heard.

Attached Files:

26. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

I had an absolutely stunning young lady wink at me and say "Thanks Doll!" after I handed her a cold beer at the downtown beer tent on Saturday night.;):D

27. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

driving with my buddy in his OT 66 mustang...an older guy pulls up next to us and says:
    "nice car, I got my first piece of ass in the back of one of those"

28. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Parked along the beach with my '66 Bug. I had just finished putting suicide door hinges on it, and had a door open. An old lady stops to check it out, but gets a puzzled look on her face when she looks at the door. finally she asks, "why would you do that to the doors? Volkswagen never did that". I just smile and tell her, "Because Volkswagen never did that".

29. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Parked by the beach again in my '41, a couple old guys walk past and one says to the other, "That ol' ford looks pretty cool, gunna' be sweet when he gets her done". I'm feeling pretty proud, when a minute later a couple older women walk past and one says to the other, "Look at that thing falling apart, bet it doesn't even run". Some get it, some don't.

[​IMG]

clem likes this.
  30. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

During a friday night cruise a couple of kids were so engrossed in my car they rear ended the girls in front of them. The only good thing was that we were goiing so slow that they didn't do much damage, just dropped alot of mud and plastic.