Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects IT'S ALIVE!!!! My daily driver is driving again.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grimmfalcon138, Jul 10, 2011.

1. grimmfalcon138

grimmfalcon138
    from az

So my daily driver, a 62 plymouth valiant. With a tired yet dependable slant six three on the tree combo was my only running car for three years. The transmission finally crapped out on me, and the 16 year old who lives in my head said '' hey! dude! why waste your time with that six?".

Long story short with no money, creative trading and the help of a few good friends i managed to make my broken daily driver into a somewhat cool running car again. It now sports a 318/727 combo, with the front end jacked up and no bumper.

I need to give some special thanks to my wife for being patient, my dad for being a very skilled "extra set of hands". Last but certainly not least my friend and fellow hamber KUSTOM KOMET(the creative trader mentioned earlier).

Hope y'all like it, input and questions are always welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Backage

Backage
    from New York

Looks great sometimes you just need the right people helping and a Wife that understands,Have a great summer

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

don't see too many of those on the road any more,let alone a 2dr.nice save,cool car

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I think it's AWESOME!!! My wife has a '66 Valiant and we are planning a swap like this once her slant gives out.

5. belair

belair

Cool car, crazy-cool headers. I like it. But I would put the bumper back on.

6. IWB

IWB

Looks cool gotta love it when things work out like that. Now go drive the wheels off it.

7. ratfink56

ratfink56

2 words

suh-weet!

8. Cool. A nice, thin "blade" bumper might look good on front, if it didn't already have that stock.

9. grimmfalcon138

grimmfalcon138
    from az

Yeah i like the headers too, first set i ever built and they are leak free! A win in my book!

I have thought about splitting the front bumper up into thirds, only using the ends leaving the center open.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback.

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Hey man, it don't get no better than that...
    Great lookin' and fine job on the planning and budget restraints..
    I like it!
    Cheers..........

11. LabRat

LabRat

Neat ! Never seen a 2 Door before , I think we only got the 4 door here in Oz ...
    I think your hard work has done it justice , without making it a " look at me " freak .
    Also agree with putting the bumper back on too , just leave the spash apron off.
    If your ever searching for parts or info , they are more commonly called "S" series Valiants over here ...

12. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Love it man! Only 2 suggestions from me: front bumper back on and a little wider wheel and larger tire on the rear, either wider Cragers to match the front or steelies.