Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackprimer

blackprimer
    BANNED
    from Reality

Depends on who you ask...................

2. The movie did a good job of glorifying those murderous heathens!

3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saw the real '34 4 door complete with bullet holes at an auto show in L.A. in the late 70's, it was on a trailer all chained down.
    When the law opened up with those BAR's (Browning Automatic Rifles) it was all over for that infamous duo---They got their JUST desserts!!-----Don

4. I think there's 2 or 3 'authentic' B&C cars nowdays
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Hollywood / Beverly Hills 1936-38

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warner Brothers FD
    [​IMG]

HJmaniac likes this.
  5. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

right click,save...I like this pic

6. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

This is a keen pic. It's obvious that they're rehearsing a scene, and Ozzie is giving Harriet direction. My question may sound stupid (add it to my list! LOL:D): WHAT the heck if the appliance to the left of the fridge?:confused: It doesn't look like any water heater I remember seeing back then, and even the Nelsons wouldn't have had a water-softener back in the '50s, would they?

[​IMG]

7. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Unclee [​IMG]
    The movie did a good job of glorifying those murderous heathens!
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Deuce Daddy Don [​IMG]
    Saw the real '34 4 door complete with bullet holes at an auto show in L.A. in the late 70's, it was on a trailer all chained down.
    When the law opened up with those BAR's (Browning Automatic Rifles) it was all over for that infamous duo---They got their JUST desserts!!-----Don

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    YUP, and that mad dog Dillinger got off light, considering what a merciless s---head he (and his gang) was!:mad: The movie portrayed Bonnie and Clyde as some sort of star-cross victims of circumstance, doomed for the sins of Coolidge and Hoover, and caught in the throes of an economic event bigger than any human being's ability to endure!:(

HOGWASH!:eek: Millions of other people were struggling to make an honest living and just survive. Bonnie and Clyde lived pretty high robbing banks of OTHER people's hard-earned dollars. I reckon they caused more than one small bank to close for good, too. BTW, my previous post was CORRECTED. The law caught up with them in Louisiana not Texas. But Don's right: The Johnny Laws set up an ambush and poured it on 'em with less mercy than you'd show a rabid dog. At least the taxpayers didn't have to feed them while they awaited trial, appeals, etc.! That's back when the American Way meant business, eh? :cool:

8. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

A great photo can say a LOT without ever saying a word, right?;)
    Just look at the gleam in Harpo's eye there. You can just tell he's
    trying to resist the temptation to honk his horn!:D

[​IMG]

9. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

--------------------
    Does anybody know who the actress is??
    (Inquiring deviant minds *need* to know!!:eek::D)

Mart3406
    ===========================

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Dumb (didn't speak) but not stupid. Gary

11. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Nope, he wasn't stupid at all. I seem to recall it stated that his speechless, wild-eyed act was ONLY his SCREEN PERSONA. In fact, I can recall seeing him actually play a long and beautiful harp solo, either in a short or during a vignette in one of the brothers' movies, purposely showcasing one of Harpo's talents.

12. It's a Hotpoint water heater. Ricky was in their ads at the time. Here's a link to the ad. http://pages.adsbydee.com/11382/PictPage/1922928709.html

13. 1950 Fort Knox, KY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. unknown location
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

THANKS, man!:D I love the HAMB.:cool: You can ask a seemingly trivial question:p, and somebody out there has an EXPERT answer -- in this case, right down to Rick Nelson fronting for Hotpoint at the time!;) Wow!

Funny how it all seems to FIT together to illustrate the history of the times when hotrodding was young. Awesome forum, eh?:eek:

16. moefuzz

moefuzz

Love the last shot,

What a dream job!

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats "Nowadays"-----I'm talkin' in the 1970's!!

18. a guy named Rocky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1953 Chicago
    Jersey Joe Walcott vs Marciano

[​IMG]
    On Marciano's right are manager Al Weill & trainer Charlie Goodman, at left is childhood friend Al Columbo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.