Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see some some Slick 60s F100s!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. salf100

salf100

flattopdan, love your vision. Im going for the early 60's kustom look on my 64 as well. Do you have a pic of the finished taillights on your truck? Id love to see that!! Ive been considering using four 50 Pontiac taillights, two each side or maybe Buick electra??? Not sure yet.

2. Salf100 I am going mild Kustom too!! I am going to make some tailights ( sort of lee light ish ) put an chrome bullet in it. Shavin all badges, running the door handles, got a nos chrome grill, but got some cool ideas for the stocker thats on it. Please post up pics of your progress

3. ronk16

ronk16

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] This is also for sale, no driveline...motor trans rearend.....everything else is for sale.... new floor pans , cab mount, cab bolt down kit, very solid, was a daily driver until last year.............

4. salf100

salf100

Loveoftiki, I've always loved your "hillbilly" slick. I knew the privious owner. I'll post some pics soon. The beds off and I've been working on the rear frame. Did an axle flip. I'm running the door handles, mirrors, hood badge, shaved antenna, shaved FORD above grill and making custom skirts for it. Gonna chrome a 65 grill and all moldings too. Ol skool flat black red steelies and wide whites!!!

5. flattopdan

flattopdan

thanks sal, sound like it will turn out good whatever you choose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

droppedstepside likes this.
  6. salf100

salf100

Man that looks good! Clean and simple. Are those lights recessed?

Here is mine....work in progress.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  7. flattopdan

flattopdan

Thanks sal, ya they are recessed about an inch. i didnt want to go to far with them, i just wanted a subtle look. love your truck man, its lookind really good so far....

8. I love this rendering from Classic Trucks magazine

Attached Files:

9. Found these on the net

Attached Files:

10. HangtownRyan

HangtownRyan

Here's mine. Just sold it :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  11. Saw it on ebay. Cool Truck

12. MP&C

MP&C

One I had a few years back.... 427LR powered..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

exterminator and droppedstepside like this.
  13. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

sweet !!!

14. RanceR

RanceR

my 65 daily driver. 240 i6, 3speed in the floor and 17mpg on the hwy

Attached Files:

15. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Havent been on this thread in a wile, This is my fav thread on here...

16. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Mines about ready for paint

Attached Files:

18. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Flattopdan your truck is bad ass, I really like the tail lights

19. I gotta bring this thread back up again... I own a 66 F100 short bed with a 351W and C4 that I bought back in high school 7 years ago or more and recently have been thinking about selling. Until now! After viewing this thread it makes me want to get it back out and finish it up and use it for my work truck. My plan was to sell it along with one of my many other projects and buy a nice newer work truck but now I am thinking about keeping it and using it as my work truck. For the longest time from high school, through college, etc it was my daily driver. It's been sitting and now needs new tires, windshield, back glass and a seat but other than that it has a newer motor and trans with less than 50,000 miles.
    Keep posting pics of those slicks guys! Also flattopdan, what are the specs on those wheels and tires including bolt pattern as well? What front end did you go with to achieve that stance? I am wanting to run wide whites on mine if I keep the truck. I also see Industrial does not do the Dodge Dakota front ends anymore. I'm pretty bummed about that since that was the front end I wanted to go with.

20. salf100, can you send me the specs and info on your wide whites as well on those stock rims since I most likely will just keep my stock rims for now?

21. flattopdan

flattopdan

Thanks alot tatted, i wanted to go with a more 50's tail light look so i went with those.

22. flattopdan

flattopdan

So the wheels are i do believe the California Steelie from i do believe wheel vintiques. they are 15x8 in the rear and 15x6 in the front. also the bolt pattern in stock big ford in the rear, and small ford up front. the tires are 6.40-15 goodyear ww/bias ply front, L-78 in the rear. The front end is a 95 crown vic. alot of guys are using the newer one peice clip as it is easier to put in, but its wider so it makes wheels harder to get for it. the last time i talked to steve at industrial i think he is going to start making that dakota front end agian, you might want to check with him just to make sure. if you dont know he Elpolacko here on the hamb. good luck with your slick, cant wait to see what you come up with.

23. Thanks for the info flattopdan! I did read on Steves site that he is trying to come up with an aluminum type bolt in kit which would be cool (if it works). I remember all the bolt in MII kits out years back but they never lasted so I am a bit worried but am sure I can weld the joints as well on top of it (at least patch weld sections)...
    I wont be ready for the front end part of this project for at least 4 or 5 months so hopefully by then he will have a kit out and maybe I can be the test dummy on it haha.

24. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

love these.

25. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

i bought this one last month.

[​IMG]

26. 6narow

6narow

Wow! Sweet find, Bill, but those hubcaps are killin' me! :D
    Baby Moons on red wheels with '48 trim rings and paint the whole thing Mustard Yellow, then she'll be reet.
    ...and is that a bullet hole I see?
    Nice ride. Thanks for sharing.

6narow

27. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Great find bill! look forward to seeing what you do with it.

28. 56fordf100

56fordf100
    from Arkansas

29. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Love this truck! What year is it? How & how much has it been lowered?

30. Getting ready to put this in the garage and get something done on it.......
    [​IMG]