Register now to get rid of these ads!

Honest 32-5w Barn find what's is worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patina steve, Jul 3, 2011.

1. TERPU

TERPU

I'm with you on the '32 thing. There's a reason prices stay so high though. But I also watch prices regularly and the guy isn't far off. But more than likely for that amount it'll go foreign.

Tim

2. 58 wagon

58 wagon
    from tucson,az

well i guess im the only one who thinks its worth 5k and not a penny more but there is always someone with more money then brains and thats why the market is the way it is and the average car guy cant afford a 32 ford let alone any early 30s ford the owner paid 1500 for it and wants 30k really is that anything other than greed?

3. n847

n847

Wow guess that's why I'll never own a 32... I already came to the realization I'll never be able to buy a 67 corvette... Now I guess I'll have to scratch another dream car off the list!

4. rld14

rld14

You guys are still arguing this? It's basic economics, supply and demand.

The car is worth whatever the market will bear. It will find a buyer at $30,000 or the seller can either not sell it, or lower his price until he finds a buyer.

Like I said earlier, is it worth $30,000 to me? No, no way in hell but that's because, while I can appreciate it, I don't really want to own a 32 for that sort of money.

There's a LOT of old cars that are very expensive and quite common in the grans scheme of things. 57 Bel Air? 58 Impala? Porsche 356? Jaguar E-Type? There's no more than 7 Vauxhall PAs in America, I own 2 of them, which makes them extremely rare. Meanwhile maybe 5 or 6 people in this country give a shit about them so even restored they aren't worth much and would be hard as hell to sell.

I watched Porsche 356s sail to infinity lately, and 32s are doing the same thing. A 32 Cadillac is probably a LOT rarer and worth a LOT less. That's because 10,000 guys want the 1,000 32s in the same condition like this one and 20 guys want the 25 Cadillacs in the same condition like this one.

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Well I bought a full set of fenders and a set of rear frame horn covers for a buddy the other day for one of his 32's he has, I gave 200 bucks for the stuff and thought he was getting screwed.......rears are sedan fenders and are decent, one front fender is a sidemount fender and is good and then the other is in fair shape with the normal crack down the edge of the top of the fender. the frame horn covers are nice, 2 sets of them. Also the guy threw in a set of 32 truck bed sides. All I wanted was a 33 fender 34 chrysler fender and some other 33 and 34 ford parts. didnt care about the 32 stuff.

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I recently SOLD and DELIVERED a Model A to a fellow HAMBER about 40 miles from you SKIDMARKS :D It had a valid SC title and they was a BIG DEAL to him. No issues at the DMV ... cause the title and the numbers on the frame matched.

I got good titles when I bought BOTH of the 32's I am currently driving ... and the title does make a 32 worth more ( to me ... any way ).

7. Vee 888

Vee 888
    from texas

To me its about what you want to spend on it and have a nice 32.

8. minnesota ?
    you bastards stay out these barns around here... till I'm long gone any way..

no known cure for this affliction sad :( w/o funds ain't it...

fair or not ? luuuuv to see it locally

liked the 35 3 window at th msra swap from northern minn too.

9. got a 32

got a 32

And those of us with that sickness also know there is no known cure
    other than owning 1 or 2 or!!!!!!

10. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

No it is not greed....He has every right to sell his car at what fair market value is....reguardless of what he paid for it.....He does not owe You or I any speical discounted price....Why should he sell it for $2500.00 only to have his buyer going around braging what a good deal he got and people think he was dumb for selling a 30K car so cheap....

11. make a profit or loose your ass..

many assless people are now slipping right out of thier chairs and floppin like a fish on the floor

12. when does the HAMB officially start buying cars before they all go away?

13. is it sold yet?

14. I think in the previous posts it said a guy from Australia bought it.

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Another '32 thread and entertainment you can't buy for any price. I've owned 8 Henry '32's over the last 43 years. The cheapest was a 2dr for $200 and the most expensive was my 5w for $3,000 (bought in 1973). I never told anyone what I paid for the 5w for over 4 years I was so worried about being thought a fool. A '32 5w was my dream car since Junior High and having looked at 6-7 I took the plunge. The car is all steel (complete w/fenders & running boards and no rust. It had a new(less than 200 miles) 283 270 hp (dual quad vette engine) and new Borg Warner 4 speed/Hurst shifter, '55 chevy rearend and curved lens SW gauges from one end of the dash to the other.
    I've gotten over the stigma of paying too much for a '32 Ford.:cool::)

Frank

16. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Sacrilege!!! :D

17. Brewton

Brewton

It's worth what you'll pay for it..... Or what someone will pay for it. I know this sounds like a smart ass answer, but it is the reality of this situation. If you want it and have the $... go work him down as low as he will go and then buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

18. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

6 pages for a what it's worth thread...jeez

19. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

What the hell is wrong with you all, it seems to me most of you are missing the point here. Steve posted some pictures and an interesting story - he is not the seller or an interested buyer ... it's all just intended for interesting conversation. He is not literally asking you what he should pay for it. That was all clear to me in his initial post. The intention was for people to share another story, tell us what you would do with it, etc. This is a perfect example why the most active and passionate hot rodders I know of in this area spend no time at all on the HAMB ... it's full of this sort of silliness.

20. Wowcars

Wowcars

And Squirrel again appears with the kind of logic that is hard to find anywhere else. :D

21. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

actually at the end of his post he says that he wants to negotiate him down:) ....so that would make him a buyer right?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  22. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

missing my point.

23. '

Its too bad that your active passionate hotrodders you know spend no time on the HAMB because of one post like this out of how many great posts other than this one and choose to throw away the whole site. I don't buy it one bit!!! They sound like guys that wouldn't contribute or couldn't contribute. Or because they drive in their glass cars with Boyd's wheels and billet crap all over their cars.
    This site is the best site bar none for the Hotrodders. I use to see a few posts that turned me off but now, I just go to the next post and don't give it any thought.
    The HAMB rules in all categories and if you can't see that, keep your panties in a knot and go somewhere else. I guarantee you will not find any other site with so many great guys and such a wealth of knowledge.
    THANKS AGAIN ALL HAMB MEMBERS!!!!!

24. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

really? did you read his post? he isn't asking for stories about 32's he wants to know what the car pictured is worth...

25. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

this is lame.

26. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

you seriously don't even make sense, Steve says he'd like to buy the car if he could get a good deal on it, which he thinks is 20,000

you then act like everyone is crazy and that steve doesn't even want to buy the car...maybe you should talk to steve...

27. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

I did. You kid's are crackin' me up.

28. so has steve managed to make a deal yet?.
    Al.

29. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Our some of your drugs prescription? Or are they all illegal??......Because His post clearly say he is a interested Buyer......No pun intended....Just trying to figure out how you could read the original post so much diffren't than the rest of us....

30. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

"It's just fun to see what different people have to say. I think it's interesting to get everybodys opinion. If I wanted the car I would have made the deal by now and what everyone else thinks really dosen't matter."