Register now to get rid of these ads!

Redzula Introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redzula, Jul 7, 2011.

1. redzula

redzula

Hello everybody,

Im the new guy.
    just bought a 36 ford truck

I live in Waterloo, IA with my wife and 2 Boxers and a baby on the way. she is due in December and we have another 5 long weeks before we learn the sex of the baby. We just celebrated our first year of marriage. and are hoping to move back to our hometown of Des Moines as soon as possible (I graduate next spring)

I am a student at the University of Northern Iowa, studing construction management. I am currently a mechanic at a School Bus Dealership here in Waterloo. Im a Husker Football Fan. I ride a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja as much as possible. Thats about all for now.

How many other people are from the Waterloo, Cedar Falls area or anywhere in central IA for that matter.

Adam

here is a pic of my and my brand new used truck
    sunburnt as hell from goodguys Des Moines that weekend
    [​IMG]

2. welcome mate. pretty tidy looking truck you got there, whats the plan for it?

3. Welcome. That truck is a beauty!

4. that truck looks like a dandy; tell us your plans.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

nice looking 55-57 Stepside GM next to ya....and I like your new acquisition - plenty to work with.

dj

6. redzula

redzula

I'd like to bring it back to health body wise. lower it and put some sort of steelies with whitwalls on it. for paint I was thinking a light charcol color with some color in the interior and on the rims. but that will likely be a ways off yet. gotta finish the mustang first as per the wifes demands. lol

I like the style of this truck that was at the Des Moines goodguys last weekend
    [​IMG]

good eye. it was in the sellers garage. not sure of his plans for it but it was a pretty soild driver with a little rust on the cab.

7. tractorguy

tractorguy

Redzula.......welcome......great looking truck........very nice intro. Long, long, long time ago, I graduated from UNI in 1974 with a BA in Psychology. Great school and great area. Worked my way thru UNI working as a Chev. salesman at the dealer in Cedar Falls. Now just a worn out old man with a couple of projects and no energy and no money to complete them. Nice to see you getting an early start. Just remember to put that new family first and foremost.

8. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Adam, welcome to the board. It's great to see younger guys that are into old iron !

9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

you have TWO posts on this truck?

10. redzula

redzula

I started the other one and the first response said the HAMB police would be after me if I didnt have an introduction.
    whoops

11. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Nice truck and welcome. I live just down the road in La Porte City and also have a '36 pickup. I started with a lot less so I built mine fenderless hot rod style. I think I work just south of your work so you might see mine in the parking lot once in a while. Good luck with your build.

Gary

12. redzula

redzula

Yep on texas st.

Ha Ha I love that truck

look at it every time

13. Welcome from independence, You should look up chuck the barber at Butler and sons barber shop and come to the hang out sunday july 17, we just sit and talk hotrods and most everybody drives one over.

Brad

14. redzula

redzula

that would be pretty cool I have wanted to start going to a barber instead of greatclips. and im staying in town that weekend, but i will be working on finishing my garage addition. do you guys do this a lot?

Adam

15. Welcome from the highlands of Scotland!! I also own a 35/36 pickup,which I am about to start, as soon as I finish my wifes Moriss Minor. Good luck with the build.
    Charlie!!

16. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

welcome dude, the plans for the truck are pefect. If your goal is to make it look like the one in the pic from Des Moines you cant really go wrong, that is a beautiful example.

17. chuck is trying to one once a month, its at the barber shop, we just cruise in and hang out, meet some people of like interests in cars and bikes. Its a damn good barber shop too.

Brad

18. redzula

redzula

Im gonna work on getting work done early so I might make it this weekend. butler is pretty close to my house so we'll see. you guys opposed to a crotch rocket showing up the the barber shop?

19. Sorry man, just saw this, noones gonna car what you bring as long as you want to talk hot rods, choppers and bobbers, gonna have another get together next month, hope it wont be as hot as last sunday though.

Brad