Register now to get rid of these ads!

Opinions on my idea for a trunk treatment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat-Foot, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I have always loved the "spear" on the hood.
    [​IMG]
    The trunk on the other hand is rathe flat and boring
    [​IMG]

My idea is to take the spear off another hood and put it on the trunk pointed the other direction. I think this will look good, some agree some dont. What do you think?

2. your car gets wider at the back so the reverse spear might look a bit funky, like a car that you cant tell if its going forwards or backwards...what about continuing the spear on the trunk, as if it was running the length of the car and end it with some creativeness, like maybe a vintage 3rd brakelight, or small chrome scoop or ???

3. i think it would look cool. maybe cut the other one off and tape it in place so you can see what it will look like.

4. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

The spears will be the same color as the roof The car is either gonna be gold with a white roof or dark metallic burgandy with a light god roof.

5. customcory

customcory

I wouldn't do it. I would put my energy into something else on the body. I would hate to warp up that straight trunk lid. My 2 cents. :D

6. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

I was thinking the same thing.

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Thats the idea, the hood will stay the same and the trunk will have the same spear coming to a point at the rear.

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

It's a nice idea, and I think would look cool,but only if you continue it right up to the rear window. I also think that maybe finishing it square with some kind of brake light and chrome garnish would look better than leaving it come to a point.
    Best of luck
    Paul

9. zomb1e

zomb1e

handles, ride height, trims and badges first! then round all the corners before think about addin stuff1

10. rod addict

rod addict

would look KOOL !

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'm with this.

12. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Thats an old pic. I already lowered it and the trim and badges are gone. Doorhandles will be gone soon, I just havent started on the doors yet. I am making the trek to Cleveland OH tomorrow to buy a set of bumpers and decided to get a hood too.

13. hotdamn

hotdamn

my only issue with it really is tying it back in, I think it would look pretty rad right up until the point where it ended, seems like it wouldnt have a good stopping point.

its kind of like flaking your roof with out belt line trim, no real good place to stop it.

I say if your goint to get another hood, go ahead and get another decklid while you are at it so that way if you dont dig it you can put your original one back on...

any body able to photo shop one in there so we can see it:)

14. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I added it to the photo shop thread, we'll see what happens

15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Liking that idea....
    If you could pick up a spare trunk lit to use, that might be a good idea too...if not too $$$
    Cheers..........

16. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I may try and get the decklid too but it depends on the $.

17. I vote no

unless....
    add one to the roof too for a CarMohawk

I would consider putting a pair of them on the hood.
    Post pics if something happens on the Photoshop thread.

18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I used a twin spear 60 chevy hood backword as a trunk lid on my roadster IZed Henry J full custom:cool:in 1961 from bodyshop junk pile,corner was bant bad,but didn't use corners anyway.

19. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

So the photoshop Wizard that is JamesD did this,
    [​IMG]

I really like the taillight treatment. I think the spear looks great, I am gonna go ahead and do it.

20. I would run it up the trunk like it is the back half of the one on the hood and have it roll out on the sides on the back and fade away into the trunk rather than reversing it. Just my 2 cents

21. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

Before buying anything, mock it up in cardboard or poster board and masking tape and then see what needs to be done so the trunk lid can open without hitting any hump in the area between the lid and the back glass. Solve the problems first, then build.

22. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

The trunk opening is one area I will need to address. I really like the way it came out, the car is so nice up front and the back is just plain boring. I really think this will set it off.

23. hotdamn

hotdamn

I am still on the fence about the deck lid but I am sold on the tail lights! I think those look killer:)

I really do like the flatness of the stock deck lid though, however it may be like a bob ross painting, right as you lose confidence and you think it just fell apart it all comes back together to amaze you with awesomeness:D

24. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

I think it needs 2! One on each side!