Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>2011 Heavy Rebel Weekender PICS!!!<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jul 5, 2011.

1. MalibuKasey

MalibuKasey

Awesome pics JJ!!!! and everyone else. It was a blast to cruise up with you guys! You guys did a great job keeping things in order for sure!

2. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Aaron, JJ's pretty much right on. It's going in my pickup which is a tribute to my dad and his '57 he had back in CA in '59. It'll wind up a mild custom pickup by strict definition, but with a bunch of mods from front to back. His had a chevy V8, a bunch of chrome, lowered, and TJ tuck'n'roll. I consider his what a regular guy would do to fix up his truck. Mine will be a little more involved, but my main goal is for it to be classy and elegant.

This is my dad...
    [​IMG]

And this is me 52 years later...
    [​IMG]

3. MalibuKasey

MalibuKasey

Terd that really is something to be admired. Cant wait to see the truck evolve!

4. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Wow that is so cool! You know, I think I have seen that pic of your dad, unless it's never been posted before? Anyway, keep up the good work ... looks like you're on your way to making your family really proud with this truck project!
    -Aaron

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  5. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Great pics you guys. Hate that I missed that show. Oh well next yr i guess.

6. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

excellent pics!

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Aaron, I made a thread about a year ago about how cool my dad was, haha! This pic was in it along with a few others. Not meaning to hijack too much (JJ won't mind, lol), but here's a couple more....

Floating grill I will emulate...
    [​IMG]

Pops with his '39 Deluxe Coupe with Olds Rocket and Cad/LaSalle trans circa 1958...
    [​IMG]

And I appreciate the kind words! I try hard, my fellow club members have got more fab talent in their little fingers than I do. But I like to think I at least have good taste, haha! :D

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Kinda excited to see where your truck will be next year Terd. I'd say that it'll be where Del's car is now if you hustle. Fire marshal bill (not dennis) gave us a thumbs up so get your truck there tomorrow and get started. There's only like 361 days until Heavy Rebel 2012.

I might even have a car that I can drive next year!

9. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Haha! You'll be driving the '35 before I'll be driving the truck again!

And I've got to say again how awesome your photos are. You're a real artist in more ways than one!

10. bluebelle

bluebelle

Awesome Pics !!

11. great pics. hope to make it to that show one of these years.

12. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Killer shots JJ. Thanks for the pics. It was a great show.

13. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I just had to do this.

[​IMG]

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hahaha!!!! And a bunch of gay bitches!!!

On no!!! Is this thread taking that turn????

You Betcha!!!!

15. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

great pics Mr. James!

16. flat 39

flat 39

Excellent pics J.J.
    Yiu might be able to make a living doing that.

17. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Hahaha! Did you know he shoots photos for Outlaw Biker magazine?:D

18. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Awesome!! We are sweethearts. Some sweeter than others. :D

19. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

great pictures, looks like a good time was had.

20. ChadMartin11

ChadMartin11
    from NC

21. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

killer pics.......

22. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

dude I am pretty sure I was sitting right there in my chair when you took this shot. you were one of the only ones to get it from that angle. you should have said hi or something :)

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know I should have. I was just so busy shooting bikes for my job that I shot some cars as I was walking back to tell the bike owners of the shooting location. So I didn't have much time to relax and enjoy the day but next time for sure!

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Cool pics homie, thanks!

25. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Nice pics....thanks a bunch for sharing!
    Cheers............

26. hotdamn

hotdamn

hahahahahahaa!!!!!!!, there may only be 3 people in the entire world that get this :D

27. Funny!!!

BloodyKnuckles

28. Great pics - with your limited time you take pics better than I would taking all day to do them! Thanks for the pics of my black 40 coupe ....

BTW, never having been to the show before, I was glad to see that you have a Sean Vesley award. Sean and I were "hot rod" buddies back up on LI in the late 80s and early 90s. I used to work not too far away and would drop in around lunch time and we'd shoot the baloney about hotrods ... we thought alot alike about what made a car a hot rod, kindred spirits if you will. He had is Model A coupe at the time, cream w/maroon smoothie scallops with a flathead. Since I just got my first 40 Ford coupe, and it was a flattie, we'd talk about them all the time. He also had his awesome t-bucket and a 34 Ford orange woodie then as well - something to take the family in. A nicer guy you couldn't find. He used to have a gathering at his house about once a year - I went there one time since I was usually running around with our kids most of the time. Lovely family with 2 small children back then. Anyway, I changed jobs and couldn't drop by the shop like I used to, and we kind of lost contact sometime after that. I then moved to Virginia, he later to NC - years later I was sad to find out that he had passed away. I did see his Model A at Goodguys Charlotte in the mid to late 90s but I never did catch up with him that weekend. Seeing his award at the show posted here brought back some good memories of a great guy - thank you.

29. hotdamn

hotdamn

glad to hear brother. Sean meant a lot to a lot of people and thats why we feel it important to honor his memory. Those of us that knew him and appreciated his passion for real hot rods will always fondly remember his mouthy little ass:)

30. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

nice pics jeff. looks like a cool show.