Register now to get rid of these ads!

Honest 32-5w Barn find what's is worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patina steve, Jul 3, 2011.

1. patina steve

patina steve

This was listed on Greg's list, found in Northen MN been sitting since 1950. Yes I know the two worst things to say in a post "BARN FIND" and "WHAT'S IT WORTH". But that is the sitiation ,a trun barn find, the guy is asking $ 30.000.00 thats why it is still out there. So if you feel like expressing an opinion what do you guys think is a fair price I want to thry and ne DSCN1702.JPG

DSCN1699.JPG

DSCN1696.JPG

DSCN1706.JPG

DSCN1697.JPG

DSCN1713.JPG

DSCN1703.JPG gotiate him down.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA

Oh I forgot he says " I only paid $ 1,500.00 for it", not that it matters it i worth what it's worth.

Attached Files:

2. offer him 25,000 and see what he says. I think he is in the ball park.

3. 32-cabriolet

32-cabriolet
    from Gilbert Az

4. It will sell at that price, I would imagine.

5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Looks like it is prolly worth as much as mine....I payed 21,500.00 for mine. And turned down $32,000.00 for it less than a month after I bought it.....My wife was pissed when I did not take the money, And my father in law said I was crazy for turning down that kind of money for a old junk car...LOL.....but money is just dirty paper, And does not give me the feeling that my old junk car does. Besides barn finds are not worth anything anyhow, As they are everywhere!..aren't they?....LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

them's barrett-jackson prices right there. hell if i'd pay that much. 9,500 is what its worth to me.

7. squirrel

squirrel

Ok...but do you own a 32?

If not, I hope you understand why.

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looks like it is mostly complete.. I've seen bodies go for $25K so being complete and hopefully a title, I'd say he will get close to what he is asking.....

9. fatabone

fatabone

Tim bought his 1932 Ford "Barn find" at an auction last year for $19.5 but his was a three window.

10. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

the guy is in the ball park you could offer him a little less , and im sure he would take it , if he has all docs hell get it , hell you could just about nut and bolt it out and get close to it , as to what some of henrys iron is fetching , it sure wasnt in my barn , but i could store it for him

11. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Unfortunately, he is in the ballpark. Prices on Deuce's haven't been affected much by the economy.

12. F&J

F&J

If those rot holes and body cracks were not there..30k, even though it is a 4cyl

There is likely subrail issues where the quarters are rotted.

20 is too low even for todays market

25 is middle ground

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Its worth $25,000 and the cost of a TIG welder.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'd imagine it's definitely worth the 30k. If he sits on it for a bit he'll get it too! Shit you'll have more then that piecing together everything. Cool find.

15. Dave50

Dave50

Seems about what they are going for.Where are you going to find one? there out there but they gotta be getting scarce.Like previously said there getting 20 k for a body...

16. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

When you find that patch of $9500.00 32 coupes... Call me, As I will take a dozen or so of them.....LOL

17. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Bottom line is this....If you want it and can afford it...You should buy it, Life is too short to do without if you don't have too....The money will come and go but these do not come around everyday, price is fair (in my opinion) and others have said so as well......So if your lights are on and you have food and beer in the ice box, I say go for it!

18. you never pay too much for 32 stuff...you just bought it too early
    tk

19. titus

titus

a buddy of mine looked at it last week, i heard hell take 26k for it or 20k cash and partial trade for something

20. Mart

Mart

If I was selling it and wanted $30,000 for it I'd take it off the trailer and put a couple of used tubes in it and blow the frickin tyres up!

Mart.

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It is worth what someone will pay for it?

22. patina steve

patina steve

A little more info on the 32-5 w
    There is no title,the rear frame horn is cracked that's why the body is cracked behind the opera window and the panel below the trunk
    It's a banger motor stuck, stock running gear
    Most of the car is there, fenders are rough
    Very little damage to the sub rail behind the quater panel rust holes, floor pan a little soft but not rusted through.

Attached Files:

23. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

If it's not aleady gone at 26k it will be very soon.

24. patina steve

patina steve

Your exactly rigth........ !

It's just fun to see what different people have to say. I think it's interesting to get everybodys opinion. If I wanted the car I would have made the deal by now and what everyone else thinks really dosen't matter.

Thats the great thing about the HAMB ......you can through it out there so every one can see whats going on. I know I realy enjoy the postings of what people dig out of the Barns and fields of Armerica.

25. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I don't know how partial you are to 32's, but for that kind of money I'd shop around for a 33-34. A 33 all steel 3 window just sold on here for $35K and it was a running driving old hot rod in what appeared to be really nice shape. (See picture) I'm a little biased but I really think 32's are way overrated.

Attached Files:

26. mickeyc

mickeyc

Minnesota winters are rough. I think upon disassembly you will find more rust issues than you anticipate.Not trying to discourage you, but I have had that happen a few times myself. If price was reduced a bit I think you could do okay.

27. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My standard statement : "If you won't pay that much somebody else will". It's got the old aluminum "waffle" plates they had in '49, so it's probably been in storage that long. On this one, you snooze, you lose.:rolleyes:

28. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

and model A's go for a 1/3 of that, not sure how that has anything to do with the price of a 32.... but I do like model A's and 34's in case anyone is wondering.....

to answer the original question, it's worth around what he's asking

29. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

When I first glanced at this thread, 30K seemed right in the ball park to me also. However, it looks rough in the photos so it's probably twice as bad in person..... photos hide a lot.

For anyone that could afford to have a professional shop restore this, 30K would be a drop in the bucket I guess.

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

$30,000 ?

You Deuce guys must be smoking crack
    :) :)

I could buy 4 or 5 Model A's for that kind of money ...

[​IMG]

If $26,000 will buy it ... and you have the $$$
    I believe it could sell for more than that on that famous auction site :D :D