Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr HT Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arominus, Mar 20, 2011.

1. dmikulec

dmikulec

Looking good.

BTW - I've got a full set of [restorable] bumper wings that I could probably be talked out of. :cool:

2. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

So, I remember a similar car that was the "Golden Commando" edition, or some such. Might have been a '59? Anybody know what that was all about? Very nice build you have going here BTW!

3. George

George

Think they're dual quad engines

4. Arominus

Arominus

Lucky for me my car still had its wings when i got it, they are in decent shape too :D

Kenny, in 1958 the golden commando was available in plymouths. It was a 350cu in. B-block w/ dual quads, in 59 it went to 361.

5. dmikulec

dmikulec

The dual quad setup was also available as an option for the poly head motors. I picked one up for my 318 but haven't used it yet.

6. oldblue53

oldblue53

This really brings back some memories for me as I bought one of these cars at 18. Thats been over 20 years ago now. Mine was White and Green on the paint originally but I bought it in about 4 different shades of primer. Had the flatty inline 6 with a 3 speed. I drove the car daily only for a couple of months. The rings on the damper seperated and it through the lower pulley. Being pre-internet I was not able to locate any parts for an old flathead 6 so the car got parked next to grampas barn. Grampa got tired of looking at it and I forced to sell the car. I believe it went to someone in the Decatur IL area...wouldn't it be great if it was still out there on the road somewhere.

7. Arominus

Arominus

Got a lot of the seam sealer scraped off of the firewall tonight, i still have a bit of work to do in the heater box/ cowl area, but this guy should be ready for some blasting pretty soon. The power steering box will be removed for blasting. Over the weekend i took care of the t-bar so it is indexed right, but my adjuster and bolt have siezed up on that side so im thinking ill need a new set. Time to go hunting. I also removed the passenger side exhaust pipe, its filled to the brim with mouse nest. The muffler had "asbestos lined" stamped into it, so i'm looking into proper disposal of that part, gotta get the other side cut off.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Arominus

Arominus

Well, sadly about 5 days after my last post in this thread my OT DD got rear ended by a texting 20 year old. As such i had to pull the 58 out of the garage and have been working on the replacement OT daily and striping the old OT DD for parts for the new one. I've finally gotten mostly caught up on that front and will be getting back into the 58. We've got a new air compressor coming in the next few weeks and ill be able to get down and dirty with the sand blaster so i can get this guy in for the winter and start putting in new floors/rockers/quarters.

I can't wait :D