Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features *OFFICIAL* Ford Unibody 61-63 Pict Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpnkyMcGee, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Selling the long bed?

2. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

I love them unibodies, had a shorty in the 70,s, with a T bird 428/ C6.

3. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Cool if you need parts I may be able to help. Honestly the longbed is pretty rough . I got it mainly for the Big Back window for my shorty .

Rick

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      314.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  4. Don't need parts, kind of want a uni, and to me the big window would be a plus.
    ...but since you are using it, nevermind:D

5. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Cool I am pretty sure one of the guys over at Slick 60's has a couple of Uni's he is wanting to sell.

Rick

6. JOHNNY ARMIJO

JOHNNY ARMIJO

heres mine

[​IMG]

bonesy likes this.
  7. Plan B

Plan B

Johnny,
    What did you do to lower yours. I have my truck at my uncles shop in White settlement and this is around the height that I want to be at. I have a 61 that is currently being fitted for a custom air ride Kit and also a 63 that i want to lower about where you are and give it that shop truck look. Help me out and give me some ideas.
    Go Mavericks

8. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Plan B getting that low is pretty easy . Mono Leaves , dropped axle doesnt take alot to get a good driver ( lowered stance on a Slick ) .

Rick

9. Plan B

Plan B

Well I was trying to get away as cheap as possible like free, I was thinking about removing a few of the leafs and changing the shocks? obviously nothing is free but cheap cheap

10. For those that haven't seen it, here's our LSR Uni on it's first trip out of the driveway under it's own power.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5xQMh0RI3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Oh you can pull a couple leaves , you can move the spring hangers up on the frame . Theres lots of ways to get low ( Cheap ) . The problem though with a straight axle truck is you can only get so low before you are into the frame or the oilpan. I would recomend looking at Mctims LSR Uni build thread . They got her pretty low without alot of expense .

Rick

12. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Kick ass vid. I can almost taste the salt ...

If I can ask ... why the stock exhaust manifolds??

Nice project.

PACO

13. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I'll throw mine out there. Just got it a few weeks ago. 1st to go is the tired 6cyl and 3 speed. 2nd to go will be the flames.

Attached Files:

14. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Cause the KILLER handmade headers were not done yet and it needed Drivin :D.

Rick

15. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

These little trucks were unibody as well........
    [​IMG]

16. He's right ya know. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Those rule too.

18. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Here's what I'm starting with. It has it's share of issues but not impossible by any means.

SPark

Attached Files:

19. Charles_Thomas

Charles_Thomas

1963 Unibody with a 71 500 caddillac TH400...
    needs some work, (like proper plug wires??) and I blew out the rear end. I want to lower her front to get a nice rake, also to help keep her from lifting in the front at anywhere over 95mph...
    -Charlie

Attached Files:

20. andycap14

andycap14

can anyone point me to the tread for this blue truck
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

21. Just out of a 40 year barn slumber somehere in Delaware at the Legends at Budd's Creek.

Attached Files:

22. andycap14

andycap14

can someone point me to the original post / thread for this blue unibody

This particular baby blue truck had both axles flipped (lowered), and there was lots of info reguarding its build.

Thanks for the help

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  23. truckrod

truckrod
    from akron,ohio

Man would I like to have that truck!

24. Had a nice talk with the owner who has had it almost since new. He pulled the drive train apart and stored it at his DE farm all these years. He was talking about a repaint, tried my best to convince him to leave it as is. I should have written down his name he's only about 50 miles from me.

25. metalman

metalman

Wow, that's way cool! I didn't know of the "XL-100" till I read about them a couple months ago. I wonder how many Ford built (according to the PHR artical you could order one from your local dealer) and how many are still around.
    I plan on something kinda like that for my 63 uni. Not a clone but a stock looking truck with a big FE and a stick shift.

26. scrubba

scrubba

I'm still trying desperately to find out how many "Optional " big window Ford F-100's were built between 1961 and 1963........... scrubba

27. F100 XL owner told me that Ford ordered five from Dearborn Steel Tubing (the folks who built the Thunderbolts) but this one was the ONLY one completed.

28. Farm Coupe

Farm Coupe

Here's my '62 F-100 that I built a couple years ago.
    62 ford.jpg

29. OK guys, my body shop guy says he wants to make my truck look as good as he can for Bonneville but he thinks there is not much hope for my tailgate. Anyone out there with a decent gate for sale shoot me a PM the closer to Central California the better.

Thanks! ;)

[​IMG]

30. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

But not the same type of unibody that your thinking of.