Register now to get rid of these ads!

junk vehicle law????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56droppedhardtop, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 56droppedhardtop

56droppedhardtop

i got home a few nights ago, and i see the meter maid out in front of my house, and i see jkustom bitchin him out, i hop outta the car and ask whats goin on? the maid says " were towing these junk vehicles" refering to the 51 ford, 56 lincoln capri,34 ford truck, and my 56 dodge.... the wreckers on it way.... so me and j start tearin the 34 apart, and throwin the cab, and bed in the yard, then brett flies over and helps us lift the rolling frame into the yard, as the tow truck driver is taking the lincoln.... then the meter maid calls another wrecker to take my dodge, which i drive everyday... so i jump in it and move it, he said i was too close to the fire hydrant.. then he asks my girl if the 51 runs, she says yes, even tho it doesnt! so he gives us a break on that... we cant get the lincoln back, because there is no title for it, my roomate has been workin on getting a title the past couple months, and had an appointment with the state patrol on tuesday. the guy at the tow yard pretty much said "fuck off" he didnt have a way to prove ownership... so we are out one car. i can hardly sleep at night knowing that my car can be towed at anytime because the city says its junk! damn city, damn neighbors..... the meter maid said that one of the neighbors called the mayors office to complain.... this is ridiculous, i hate the city........

2. Were they on the street?
    Here they can take any vehicle off the street thats not registered, or if it is and looks non operational. In LA city its against the law to work on a car in the street. They can take it for that. If it hasnt moved in 72 Hours they will ticket it or tow it even if its a new car.
    Fuck nosy neighbors.

3. Squablow

Squablow

You lost a '56 Lincoln Capri to the tow truck company? Wow, that super sucks balls. You need to move to the bumblefuck area of Wisconsin where I'm from. The only problems you'll have here is people stopping in constantly and asking if your shit is for sale. Seriously, it might be time to pack up your remaining rods and move out.

4. Chewie

Chewie

Dude, where the hell do you live? That totally sucks. That's the problem with some places and the people who work for them, is they have no clue.

I had some vehicles towed before (i'm not a meter maid) but they were abandoned and smashed with kids playing all over them. Anytime I get a call for something like this and see that it's somebody's future rod I just work it out and deal with my Lt later. Sorry you live in a clueless place.

5. hatch

hatch
    from house

PLay the games or lose the cars...pretty simple. Never leave anything of value where people can see it.

6. kentucky

kentucky

Get some of your closest friends togather and start going to City Council meetings. Call your council representative and voice your opinion. Make sure they realize that you pay taxes too. Show a willingness to work with them to resolve issues. Speak up at the council meeting - you have that right. There should be an open meetings law, that all meetings will be open to the public, and the public given 24 hours notice before the meeting. Get up and make a good presentation, talk to the reporter and get him on your side. They love a story about the little man being screwed by City Hall. "Get" a bill of sale for that Lincoln too if possible. Read the statutes and look for outs. Just don't threaten litigation, that will remove the proceedings from the open session and into private sessions, and no one will hear your side. Good luck. Screw the Government. If the City annexes my subdivision I'm moving.

7. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

Did they give you a warning to sell them or register within a time limit?

Something like that happened to my Uncle b4, but they gave him like a month or 2 to sell it, he agreed to that but said he would not sell his 66 beetle because hes going to restore it, but his van he sold.

8. 56droppedhardtop

56droppedhardtop

yea, they are parked on the street, but they have been there for 7 months now, they get tagged all the time, and we move them around the block... we have actually gotten to know the regular meter maid pretty well, she doesnt even chalk our tires anymore! but they sent this new dickhead over here this time. and we know what neighbors keep calling, i had a talk with them, and they said they cant find parking when they get home from work at night, and its frustrating... they also told me that every person should have a maximum of 2 cars.... well shit! theres 5 of us here! that means we can have 10 cars! right? lol any good revenge ideas?

9. Mutt

Mutt

The new dickhead who let you slide on the '51, and disassemble the other and throw it in the yard to save it?

What kind of revenge are you looking for.......Misdemeanor or felony?

Mutt

10. Squablow

Squablow

Be careful if you're thinking of revenge, but in my experience the best way to show people what they're doing to you is to do it back to them. You obviously made some attempt to talk to them about it first and that's a good thing. Now go digging into the city rules and scrutinize their property and see what you can complain about. When the cops, meter maids, whoever, start knocking on their door and making them change shit they like, they'll get the idea.

I probably have 20 cars parked in the parking lot of my shop. My neighbor has trained his dog to come onto my lawn to take a shit. I don't care as long as he doesn't bitch about my stuff laying around. If he ever complains to the city about my stuff without talking to me first, his dog will never be outside without a leash and he can keep his dogshit to himself. But for now, a truce.

11. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Boys, big brother is getting too big for his britches! I think it's time to exercise our 2nd amendment rights......

I hate stories like this! If you're partying, making a lot of racket, that one thing. But to come on a man's property and take his stuff is another.......(I know it was on the street) Just because it doesn't "look pretty."

12. Anderson

Anderson

you had 4 cars parked on the street at one residence? three of which don't run? I feel for you, but it almost seems like you were asking for this to happen...you've gotten stickers on the cars to move them. I understand having to do that for a month or two....but 7 months? you were really pushing your luck.

13. hatch

hatch
    from house

Let me see....If I lived by you and couldn't find a place to park cuz your junk cars are always taking up the spaces, I would have called months ago and complained......Why not try actually building a car instead of collecting "projects" that wont be completed.

14. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

man,i live in kentucky (where you can get away with murder,literally)and i was paranoid cuz i had an old car sitting on the street in front of my house with no tags or anything for two weeks,,i was afraid the city was going to tow it off,,

maybe your neighbors got tired of looking at all the shit sitting out there..

15. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

They passed a law here that it better have a current plate and be driveable or you can't even keep it in your own yard.

16. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

do what a couple of friends and i do. take a bunch of m-80s and chunks of banana to make what we call banades. you can stick those suckers in some tail pipes or somthin and your neighbors will have the nice smell of burning rotten bananas. its makes a pretty damn good mess too. and or take some eggs and chip a small hole on the top and put the m-80 in there and go play with those. :) those are some of my revenge ideas.

17. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Really dude. If the cars were on your property I might think you might have a right to bitch. But parked on the street? Taking up limited parking spaces? Your lucky, if I were your niebor and knew you didn't even have titles for them, I might have sold them for you. I think I'm a pretty easy going guy when it comes to cars, but I think you are out of line here. If you want to collect projects, rent a garage to put them in.

Guys like you that have unregistered, untitled, non-running cars taking up limited parking places in residential areas that have been tagged several times over several months are giving the rest of us a bad image. Now, if those same cars were parked in your driveway or in your garage, that is a whole different deal.

Bottom line is, if you want to have toys, you need to keep them picked up and put away. When the toys are old cars, you better be pretty concerned about issues your neibors may have about your collection. Sounds to me like you were doing neither.

Just a side note here, In my town they tried to make it so you couldn't even have a fishing boat sitting on your driveway more then 72 hours or they could tow it away. That didn't fly, but I'm glad they tried to get everything instead of just getting cars and trucks, that might have gone through. Glad my house is zoned business, I have a repair shop and a repair order for everything sitting here. Can't help it the owners won't pay the repair bills on all the cars sitting here. But just the same, I keep on good terms with my neibors. Gene

18. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

You've had 4 non-running, unregistered, vehicles parked on the street for 7 months and you're surprised/mad they towed them? Amazing. Here they'll tow them off you own property. I'm all for car builders having rights and all but ya need to build something, not just line them up on the street. Neighbors can be a pain in the ass, but sometime guys bring trouble on themselves. Neighbors have rights too.

19. 2xcrash

2xcrash

So is your house the party house that everyone is comming too? Burn outs, music up to high?? Have you been giving your neighbors a reason to be pissed besides the cars? I was young and dumb once. Now I've got the kids and pay the house payment, taxes and Ins, and when my neighbor gets to many cars going I start getting pissed. But he gets rid of them and keeps his house clean and is nice to my family so I don't get bent... I think it sucks that you lost the car but ya broght it on yourself.

20. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

in a neighborhood i lived in a long time ago i had a customer's parts car parked across the street and it was yanked the next morning.she was pissed,but i said no registration so what are ya gonna do?
    same house,a few months later,we strip a ranchero and leave it in the same spot,HOPING it would get hauled right away,sat there for almost a week!
    count yourself lucky for having gotten away with it for so long.

21. Muttley

Muttley

Hahahahaha, I allready sent him a PM about revenge. I guess all Mutt's think alike.;)

22. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me.....bitching some asshole meter maid out? Nah... couldnt be.....

23. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

They steal your car, we steal it back ;)

24. So, was the meter maid a cutie or not.The meter maids in Surfers Paradise
    Australia are allways cute.How about the metermaid in Santa Monica LA that
    grossed 6 million dollars in fines and collected 25% commision (1.25 million ) for herself. Thats reason enough for them to write a ticket.

25. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

hay Squablow WI sucks donkey balls in 2000 we had to have a crusher come in to my dads & scrap over a 100 cars mostly 60/70s GM muscle stuff & 70s parts cars & dad had a non comurtol junk yard lisen damn i cant spell this early state changed how many cars you could have was 200 then changed to 4 & they sold it to him as good for a lifetime then changed that to yearly after fighting him them from 98-2000 he gave up & had the chusher come in they pulled same shit on one of his friends he got a layer & after spending over 10K on that got to keep his cars sure not worth it & mind you my dads place is deep in the woods of WI by no lakes or bullshit like that that the fuckheads from millwake are buying up for vac homes again WI sucks donkey balls & yes i live in WI yet ..............

26. Mutt

Mutt

I wish you were a female - at least you'd have a period now and then...:D

Mutt

27. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I'm with Fidget-why not finish one bad-ass car or DING DING DING- Get a garage....

28. Scott

Scott

I got a warning for parking a car in the front yard. Next time its $500.00 fine.

29. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I am with Hatch on this one.
    non-operational vehicles should NOT be parked on the street.

I like cars as much as the next guy, but if I had a car parked on the street and was warned to move it or loose it, it would be moved.

It may seem unfair to you, but if the shoe was on the other foot, you would complain, too.

Jim

30. 56droppedhardtop

56droppedhardtop

ya see, heres the problem.... we have a 31 2 door sedan in the garage, and a 27 t roadster in the basement, and a 31 roadster pickup in the basement too... jkustom is working on his 54 chev in a friends garage, i have my 53 chev at my parents house....its not like we arent building cars, we just live in the city, and have bitchy neighbors. i just moved her from tarnation.... you wouldnt believe the shit me and speednazi got away with out there....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.