Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2011 Chehalis, Wash pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Chris , all your cars are great ! Was great talking with at Billetproof..Rob

2. 36fred

36fred

rob-redm, you started a great thread to post pictures of a great event, turned into a pissing match. Being a local here I really appreciate the time and effort put into putting this on. Knowing the chief of police and some council members I watched the Cruz last year and said to my self they will never let them do this again, because of a couple local yahoo's out of control. Having been negotiating with the city for two years on some land issues I know first hand how hard they are to work with. So to get the Cruz this year took some doing, and I thank all the hard work for a great show.

3. I'm making a blanket statement. As long as just a few of the cars have some newer stuff but not like billet wheels etc, its all good. Most people know the rules. For the 100% purists stay home if you don't like the cars. You all are starting to sound like the Corvette club. LOL! No I wasn't there as you already know, I have a kickass 36 that needs time. If I went to every show, it would never get done.
    I have been to Billetproof 3 out of 4 and would love to drive my car/cars there. This is your first time driving there for you isn't it?
    I'm done with my opinions as it doesn't matter to some people anyway.

Great show as usual Choptop!!! Next year Billetproof or bust!!!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I think we both agree here my purist buddies stayed away but they call me "the street rodder" do i care NO I built what I wanted to build.
    Yes I have been to every one but first time with a car, the drive down was a blast.

5. And thats why I stayed home and worked on the 1936. I want to experience the drives in my cars, not in my RV or the other cars that are not hotrods. They call you streetrodder? That must be a joke LOL! It's really their loss as there are some of the best cars around at Billetproof.

6. Mr. Carachi

Mr. Carachi

Yup. Traditional to me is built in my carport. It's spending two hours on a $5 part to sand off and fill the "MADE IN CHINA" stamped across the top. It's making a master cylinder from a 70's Chevy van work on a '56 Dodge pickup cause the part was free. It's heated power seats that work using plain old toggle switches and remote power windows that are currently made out of fiber board and painted black just to keep crap out when it's parked. Traditional is making do with what you got, getting by when times are tough and having pride in what you are able to accomplish with your own blood and sweat when you've been told that it won't work or can't be done, it's kinda the American way. Who doesn't love it when sombody looks and says "Damn, why didn't I think of that?"

The Hot Rod Gods smiled down on Saturday and gave us good weather (an annomily here lately) and a place to meet. What more could you ask for? The only thing I have to bitch about is the fact that I didn't make it. So, to all you guys that did, thanks for the stories and the pics, it only pisses me off more and I appreciate it.

So you guys go and do your thing and I'll go off and do mine. Hopefully next year I'll make it home in time to bring my little girl and her truck to the show. They were both made in America, the traditional way with a little sweat and blood.

7. TMoney

TMoney

All in all it comes down to this; everyone wants to have a good time. There will always be people with bad stuff to say and people that take offense to it. The truth is that Alan works his butt off putting these shows on. No one on here or at the show should talk shit. None of us know anything about doing something this big and how hard it would be to police it.

Thank you so much Alan for everything you do for us.

8. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Thanks for taking pictures, guys.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when I go to the Antioch Billetproof this summer I'm not even going to post my pix. the HAMB doesn't need another bitchfest.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone who makes an issue of your towing your car this time around is a total jerk or totally uninformed. And I would have to believe that even the most hard core and vocal about the trailering issue would agree with me.

Rob. Great thread with all the different collections of photos in one place. Guys lets keep it that way.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  11. Choptop

Choptop

Sorry all... I guess it turns into a bitch fest when I comment on things that I see as out of line or flat out not true. But I guess I cant help it.

I guess there is what Billetproof shows are and always have been, and then there is people perception of what they think a Billetproof Show is. When the two dont meet up for whatever reason some start to complain. Now this can be over the quality of bands, or the number of cars, or the quality of cars.... on and on... some folks can come to the show and have a great time, there are others that can come to the same show and because of something that runs contrary to what they think the show should be will feel compelled to complain. They are free to do so, the show didnt live up to their expectations. Thats fine. All I'm doing is telling those folks what a Billetproof Show really is, this is what it has been since the begining, it hasnt changed. And since the begining there have been folks that have sworn to never come back because it wasnt what they expected. That being said Billetproof and grown over the past 15 years from a small local show to the nationwide operation it is today. So Kirk, Jay, all those that have taken part and myself must have been doing something right. Thats not to say that valid critisms dont occur. They do, and when they do I listen and try to fix them. For some reason I feel compelled to try to explain to those that dont quite understand the show or what it really is. I'm not trying to start arguments and tell anyone they are wrong. I just present the reality of it. Perhaps I shouldnt respond to them... what would have been one or two posts about "there wasnt a cut off year at the gate maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!" gets turned into 9 pages... I really dont know which way is best. But all I know is to tell it like it is, if that upsets some people, so be it.

it comes down to people are pretty passionate about Billetproof, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

12. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

There is no good approach, really. Whiny bitches will be whiny bitches. As has been stated a thousand times before, Billetproof is not perfect, but it's one of the best. There have been "wrong" cars at the show since the first one (looking at you Fudgie), but they are BY FAR the minority. That's all anyone can ask for. I have been to many Billetproof-like shows across the country, they all have the same complaint.

Billetproof is a state of mind created by me and Jay, grown by those who have attended and perpetuated by Alan. If someone doesn't understand what it's about, it's not for lack of effort on Billetproof's part.

15. RichG

RichG

Alan, unfortunately I haven't been able to make the show the past two years. I don't have a qualifying car so it doesn't make much difference I suppose:p. I'm grateful that you brought the show to Washington and the Northwest, any glitches that occur are a natural part of creating something from nothing. I see complaints that mirror the same complaints from the first years show (ironically from some of the same people). Pathetic. If I go to something and I don't like it I DON'T GO BACK!

I had to choose this year between the Hot Rod Eruption drags and Billetproof, sorry, but the drags won hand down! I will be at Billetproof next year, and I will also right now say that I'm going to volunteer to be a Gate Goon. If you need someone to help pick up trash on Sunday I'll push my fucking walker around and do that too.:cool:

For everyone else, don't let a few delusional people keep you from what is a fun and full day of traditional cars. You can only get out of something what you put into it, you go with an attitude, you'll leave with one. The two years I've gone to Billetproof I've had a smile plastered on my face the entire time, even though I couldn't see all the cars because I couldn't get around. If a crippled deranged bastard can have a fun time I can't see how anyone else couldn't.

Maybe the posters should read "No Billet and No Whiny Bitches"?

Hey rob, thanks for starting the thread, and thanks to everyone else who posted pics too. I couldn't physically make it so you guys are my eyes! Rock on Alan!

16. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Thanks too all who posted their photos!

17. Your welcome on the pictures, I like posting pictures for all to see.
    It's a shame it became a outlet for a b****fest. I had one post deleted because of drama ?( Didn't even start it) Which I still scratch by head about. I'm very sorry to the Jalopy Journal/HAMB.

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Not your fault man! We've been thinking about making another PNW trip (last one was HRAR in '08) and this may just be it next year!

19. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks rob-redm for posting your pics, sorry about the drama thing. Oh and your right about the bumps, shit I thought I busted a rear mount comin down. Went over them very slow on the way back, some warning signs would have been nice.

20. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Some great pic here!

Now it just makes me want to get to a good car show this year. I spend most of my summer working major race events Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. I have only been to about half a dozen car shows in the last couple years because of it. :(

Oh! A question for those of you in the PNW, the area specifically where this event is held - Is it a good area to live. Been thinking about moving there when I get done with my schooling, and have been thinking about it for the past 4 years. I drove through there on my way to Sequim, but it was in a time of minimal rain. My wife wasn't to impressed. The yards were actually all brown due to not having any rain for about 8 weeks. Anyhow! Any input would be great. BUT, Pm it to me so this thread isn't sidetracked and hi-jacked.

21. sinister 45

sinister 45

Theres a few pics floating around...i,cruised it for most of saturday night. Pretty sure it was the only traditionally built 21t there. 10 gallon take woulda been doable just need a truck to carry dads supplies to make sure he was confortable and able to go.

22. I did call the Washington DOT, with a concern about it. My voice messege has not been returned... The bumps(er drop offs) were scary !

23. Yes a few local "ground pounders" ventured to town to join in with the cruise. Sorry for all the smaller photo's, just double click and I guarantee a full page spread

Attached Files:

24. Toddjw re: your question about the Chehalis area. A friend's son and daughter in law moved down there last summer to take an assignment with the utility company. They ran headlong into a very well established good old boy network. If you aren't born and raised there it's difficult to become an accepted member of the community. Not to say it can't be done but it's difficult.

25. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

I'll be sure I have a job obviously before I move, if I do end up moving to the area. I'll also be sure I have my plates changed so no one knows where I come from. :D

26. RichG

RichG

I lived there for five years (in Centralia) and didn't have the problems it sounds like Sam's kids had. There's a lot going on in the area and it's growing exponentially. Personally, I'd find a place out of town well ABOVE ANY designated flood zones... we flooded in '07 and it SUCKED! (...we were supposed to be above flood level at that time) I'd be glad to pass along anything I learned during my time there.;)

P.S.~ the best damn burgers are available out on North Pearl St. at Mr. J's!:D

27. Cranny

Cranny

Well I don't know about all this drama but, this was my family and I's

first Billetproof and we had a hell of a good time. I didn't really know or

care who trailered to the show, the cars i didn't care for i just walked on

by and focused on the ones i did like. What's the big whoop it's just a car

show!!

We had fun and will be back again!!

Had to take this pic of the parking lot of the resturant we ate at after the show.

Attached Files:

28. 2nd year in a row for me missing Billitproof. Both times my project was about 3 weeks from roadworthy. Guess I better start earlier on next year's project or don't sell the one I'm finishing now until after next year's show.

Looks like it was a good time.
    Thanks for posting the photos.

29. mckustoms

mckustoms

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]