Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 Palo Alto Concours D'Elegance ... PICS!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Jun 26, 2011.

1. @R&C RON -

I completely agree about this Concours being "awesome" ... my son & I really enjoyed it.

We actually swung by the HAMB BBQ at ~3:00 ... but could only see a couple of cars from the Quarry Lakes Park front gate ... and I was too cheap to pay the $5 parking fee :eek: ... so we left. :eek:

Regarding Mumford's 3wd ... D'oh!, I guess I missed that one too! ... I had put the "??? - 19xx xxxx xxxx" text into each post as a place holder ... then resized & inserted the images into each post via my iPhone TJJ app (a lot quicker than the Photobucket method) ... but forgot to update some of the owners names ... It's fixed now.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. slammed

slammed

Nothing but praise for your selections. How anyone has the gall to 'nit-pick' these autos is beyond me.

3. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

Hey Todd,
    I was there under the Oaks selling space on the car. I forgot to send the paperwork, so They let me park in the bark under the trees. Had a bunch of Sunbeam's to look at all day. Next time park in front of the store, run in get the Fred's and run out !! I promise no tickets....... Dave

4. D'oh! ... We walked thru the row of ~20 Sunbeam Tigers ... but I guess I never looked in your direction ... I'll blame it on my son who really wanted to go the opposite direction to look at the "old Police cars" ...

Dennis Kay (Foster City, CA) - 1933 Chevrolet Eagle:

1.jpg

Sheriff's Office San Joaquin County (French Camp, CA) - 1946 Pontiac Streamliner:

2.jpg

3.jpg
    images from HEMI32's iPhone

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great pics of some outstanding cars. The cream of the crop as they say. Thanks for taking the time to share.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Future Hot Rod DeLuxe Magazine article to be on car shown on page 2 under "FH Race Cars" pic #1: Walter Nakamura-1939 Lakester Special Display.
    Thanks for pics.

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

It was a joke. Sorry, I'll try to do better next time.

8. JEM

JEM

It's a late model Eaton/Magnuson blower, from the mounting pattern it looks like an M62 off a Buick. Inlet port's on the rear face of the blower.

The A-motor streamliner runs an M90 off a Thunderbird SC I think (at least it looked like the one I've got in my bits-I-might-use-someday bins) with a single sidedraft Weber on the inlet port. I've never seen a 'Bird Maggie run draw-through before, wonder if he's had any way to check his cylinder-cylinder AFR/exhaust temps.

On the little aluminum roadster, I was trying to figure out what all the pieces were that he put together to make up the transaxle...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  9. JEM

JEM

I was hanging out under those trees replying to email and basically staying out of the sun for about an hour midday...

10. evans32

evans32

Thanks for putting up the great pictures!! Mega thanks to Jim Palmer for organizing the flathead hot rod - race car part of the show.

11. Awesome pics....thanks for sharing!

12. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

freds steaks ummmm, that rub on the tri-tips is the bomb , hands down .....

HEMI32 likes this.
  13. Thanks for the pics ,awesome cars.....

14. this thing's pretty bloody cool, unconventional but cool. there's some other really cool cars there too, thanks for sharing.

15. farmer12

farmer12

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

16. Big effort, thread overwhelms!- much appreciated Hemi32, with thanks. Subscribed.

The T speedster & roadsters are rad, the banger candy dandy. The Westergaard '36 is inspiring stuff. Too much, a fine Ford feast!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  17. Gary Evans (@evans32) -

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.!!! ... I'm honored that your first post is in one of my threads.

Your Deuce Roadster is just plain bitchin' ... my lowly cell phone pics don't do it justice.

I too would like to thank Mr. Palmer ... IMHO, the "Flathead Hot Rods" & "Flathead Race Cars" were the highlight of this years event.

NOTE: Checkout the SEABRIGHT HOT RODS website for more pics & info about Gary's '32 Hiboy:

GaryEvansDeuceHiboy.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Love this little rod with the Ardun... X2 on it all. Gary

19. I was thinking the same thing. That car is so bad ass

20. Gary Lucas (Tiburon, CA) - 1916 Ford Speedster:

1.jpg image from HEMI32's iPhone

21. Ed Krantz (Emerald Hills, CA) - 1920 Overland Panel Delivery:

22. Joe Kirley (Woodside, CA) - 1922 Ford Center Door T:

1.jpg
    image from HEMI32's iPhone

23. Richard & Cindy Previte (Saratoga, CA) - 1939 Ford Deluxe 4-Door Convertible:

24. The Miles Collier Collection - 1938 Maserati 8CTF:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg images from HEMI32's iPhone

25. Mark Sange (Bolinas, CA) - 1956 BMW Avia MK3 Streamliner:

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    images from HEMI32's iPhone

26. lazyv8

lazyv8

how did i miss this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Great Pics. Thanks for sharing.

When was the last time you went to a show and saw, not just 1 or even 2, but 3 Ardun OHV setups (plus an additional 4 cyl in the swap meet):eek:

28. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Great photo's Todd, thanks for sharing.....................

29. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for the pix.......and feel free to share some of the 'non-flathead' powered cars. I look forward to the Concours shows locally every year, alot of guys bring out the VERY rare/odd cars to the show & you find out that the car was in the garage right behind your house.

Someone that is VERY close to our place has a couple of MB Gull-wings that he builds in his backyard. It's funny, he's a 'junk collector' like us & you would never think what he has in his garage by the way he looks & his house.

Chris

30. hasty

hasty

Some beautiful cars and really nice photos. Thank you for posting.