Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2011 Chehalis, Wash pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Choptop

Choptop

sorry rob.... didnt mean to turn the thread into a pissing match... there are just sometimes a I have to comment.

2. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

All right choptop since we're venting...here it is. I came down with the SOLE purpose of collecting another Billetproof T-shirt and sticker, not to enjoy a show. And to my surprise Non of them were NW specific. Ill have you know I had to walk all the way back to my van to retrieve a sharpie to correct this error. So next time I see you, you will have to initial next to the alteration for posterity's sake. :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  3. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Kinda pissed with the whole thing all I pointed out was on Sunday morning I noticed a lot of the cars I had seen cruising were being loaded on to trailers, kinda crappy cars at that.
    FACT

I also mentioned that all the traditional guys I know stayed away this is also
    FACT

In fact I know most of the guys in your old billetproof avatar and none of them showed this year.
    You started the Take out T thing with you frankly rude "do you get it" post.

I am done with this

4. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

The first one definitely made me pucker, the second one I about lost it. I hit pretty hard!

Alan, I would like to say "Thank you". Billetproof has definitely been one of the highlights of my summers! This was my second year. I definitely admire all the hard work you have put into making this show a highlight of the NW summers. The days and hours you put in with the city council to approve the cruise, the days of planning and organizing do not go unnoticed!

5. john61543

john61543

Choptop -Thanks for a great show! My son and I have been to all 4 WA shows - I brought my slant-six '35 Dodge Brothers, and he brought his high-school shop class '58 Ford wagon and his personal '63 Chev wagon. We had a ball!

I guess we were too busy having fun to notice all of the above mentioned stuff.

John and Dan

6. Choptop

Choptop

define "alot"...

and what would you suggest be done about it if this is a big problem in your mind?
    here is your chance to help solve this problem.

everyone has an equation in their head, if the amount of time/effort/money it takes to get to the show does not equal the enjoyment you get out of being there then the show isnt for "you"... the rhetorical you.

All I can do is take sollice in that lots of people came to the show and had a great time. A small minority can come to the same show and not have a good time for some reason or another. Not much I can do about that.

I really dont know what you are talking about here... I've had the same avatar on this site for a long time... and I think the one I had before that was a pic of my panel truck. Cant really respond as I dont know what you are referring to.

my apologies. Sorry if the 3 words at the end of the post offended.

7. JDocherty

JDocherty

More Pictures.... (found on FLICKR)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

The Misfits had a blast, the day shot by and the cruise was fun. would have loved to see more folks rolling the streets but I am sure they were drinking at the establishments and did not want to take a chance with the police.. plenty of new cars this year (some nice and some shitboxes but as mentioned it is that way at everyshow..... and I have been of plenty of traditional shows to all over the US so I have first hand experience that what you see in the mags on even on the pages of the HAMB is not what every car looks like).

I think I speak for my club when I say we are glad Billetproof is in the NW...

9. verde742

verde742

all well put, !!!!

10. Rob, getting back on track

Attached Files:

11. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Seriously I am done but just for clarification and Rob want pictures this is the cool picture I am talking about
    [​IMG]

And here is a shot of my humble ride in some po-dunk town on tje long ride home

[​IMG]

12. genosslk

genosslk

Bloodyjack.... Do your own fricken car show! I'm tired of your posts. To let you know.... I trailered my car there due to recent back and shoulder surgery. If I had to drive my car I couldn't have been there. I left my trailer at the motel some 15 miles from the event. Everyone has a reason for doing what they want to, let them have that reason! If you don't want to see trailers.... don't go!

13. Choptop

Choptop

ah, that one. Dont know what could be done to make the show meet these guys expectations as I never heard from them any complaints or what they see as solutions to their perceived problems.

I am looking forward to your ideas on how to limit the number of crappy cars that you saw loading up on Sunday.

Not being shitty... dead serious on this. My phone # is 916-207-4645, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  14. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

From my view the police were more than cool I didnt have any plates on my pickupo and they didn't seem to care. Heck even the moron in the 80Monti Carlo who got pulled over for 3 wheeling got off with a warning.

15. Alan, It's all good. Having been involved with our car show. I feel your pain, you will never make everyone happy. I just got tired of the pissing about things that are just not a huge deal. What it boils down for me is, did I have fun , Yes. Will I be back , Yes... End of story.

16. Choptop

Choptop

ease up folks... no need for name calling or telling anyone to run their own show.

the offer is ALWAYS open for anyone to be a Gate Goon at Billetproof, it has been open for 15 years, no one has EVER taken up the challenge....

Very few complaints to some minor problems, not alot of solutions... not much I can do unless those complaining offer solutions to their problems.

17. Alan, only pictures from this year show. LOL

18. Show and street scene

Attached Files:

19. Choptop

Choptop

20. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Back to our program

Attached Files:

21. 31fordV860

31fordV860

22. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

I dont care if a few muscle cars slipped through. Who cares really ? The owners of the cars most likely felt out of place anyhow. Im not going to stop supporting Billetproof and I will be back next year. Thanks Billetproof.

23. cousin steve

cousin steve
    from Orting WA

Sweet! way to get back on track... great show, been every year and plan on comming back again and again.

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

25. Thank you ! That's to everyone who had and has pics to add.

26. Payaso

Payaso

I know the Club (ESTRANGED CC) had a Great time...We all commented on the 70 Chevelle and a few sets of Billet wheels that ruined (in our opinion) some of the cars, but like Alan said...8 out of 600 cars...not too shabby. Sure there seemed to be a lot more "Rat Rods" or as we call them "Cheap". That's not the shows fault...it's the unfortunate trend for Hot Rodding right now. It'll come and go...but Hand Built Hot Rods will always survive. We'll be back next year...every year...as long as it's around.

As for Trailer Queens or Tramps...I told my wife if one asshole walked up to me and gave me shit about trailer'n The Gimp...I was gonna slap'em. I built that '28 Pickup in 5 Months...from a bare frame and broke ass cab. The mill is 11.5:1...and the tires are 40 year old Firestone 500 in the back and 40 year Penny's Redlines up front. We got her running last week and are working hard, still, to get it dialed in. Sorry...but the Hardcore Bravdo shit doesnt set well with me...reminds me of why I stopped riding motorcycles in packs. There was always that group of morons that think 'Cages' are for pussys...

Just have some F'n fun...

Thanks Alan!!!
    MONDO

27. "Po-dunk" comment about what appears as the little town of Tenino just North East of Centralia has a marker for the the Oregon Trail, during the depression thin cedar pieces of wood were used for currency, the bank building next to your car was built with local sand stone and the former quarry is still used as the local swimming hole. No I do not live in this town but do take the time to find out what took place in the past in this general area.

Attached Files:

28. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

29. JDocherty

JDocherty

More pictures from one of the best shows in the mighty NW (images found on FLICKR)

Well said Payso.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Fletch

Fletch

I don't come on here all that often because of crap like this. Choptop is 100% correct, the event had more entries then last year, the lots were full right up to the time that the awards started. Yes, there were a couple of cars past the 'cut-off' year, I don't see where 2 or 3 cars out of 600+ ruined the show.
    As for the the only time that you didn't smell horse crap was when you were outside by the Zephyr, HELLO, it's a FAIRGROUNDS, what did you expect. If that's your biggest criticism, that's pretty shallow.
    Yes, I do know what I'm talking about as I run the Model Car Contest at the event. We're there from 8ish, until well after the awards are over.
    If you feel you can do a better job with either the gate or any part of the weekend, step up, I know that the Slo-Pokes can use the help as well as any of us who are staff for the weekend.
    It's easy to sit back and complain, how about stepping up and being part of the solution for what "you" perceive as a problem.