Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two-doors vs. mordoors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63Biscuit, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

I generally prefer the 2 doors myself...however, in the case of a '59 or '60 Cadillac, I think both look damn good. Coupe is always gonna win for smoothness, but a 4 door fits just as well sometimes...because, well, Cadillac's are just big fat bastards and they look good doin' it.

2. Damn, this sounds familiar..could this have been brought up before? I'm a two door guy, always will be. I find it interesting how the mordoor guys continue to try and convince us that mordoors are just as cool as two doors..I don't hear two door guys trying to convince anybody about if their car is cool enough. I can appreciate how things change over the years..cost, availability. family size, etc., so just drive and enjoy your car mordoor or two door for that matter, and quit wasting energy on what anybody else thinks.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  3. SLCK64

SLCK64

I prefer 2 doors too, yes they are cooler.

But a 4 door is what I got. That's what its all about right?

4. dmikulec

dmikulec

What I find interesting is how every time this topic comes up there seems to be plenty of 2 door guys around to remind us of how "uncool" mordors are.

In the end tho, your car is what you make it. :cool:

5. belair

belair

radial or bias ply?

6. the more the better
    [​IMG]
    yeah baby!

7. evol55

evol55

Wow what's the count on this kind of thread?

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

While I personally have always, and still do, prefer two doors, take a look at a '56 Chevy four door hardtop.....suburb roof lines, and absolutely beautiful. I would take one in a minute !!!
    Cheers...............

9. If you are going to use a quote of mine, use the entire quote please. I never actually said mordoors were "uncool"..you said that. Read thread #32 again, you seem to be confused.

10. SLCK64

SLCK64

I say quit bitchin and run whatcha brung....

11. squirrel

squirrel

The first post said that he finally realized that 2 doors look better. That's what it's all about for me....cool has nothing to do with it.

12. 2Loose

2Loose

So I got both! Hot rods in progress, both of 'em! Just me and the old lady cruising around, take the 2 dr or the truck (also a hot rod!)! When taking the grandkids around, (6 of 'em), take the 4 dr! Hey, they're climbing in and out all the time at drop-offs, pick-up's, the mall, the beach, their buddies houses, let'em climb in and outa the back doors while Grandma and me sit in front and listen to ZZ or Jimi on the stereo (and the blower drive belt and the headers), and still run it as a gasser, solid front axle, 6/71 through the hood, fenderwell headers, stick shift, ladder bars, yeah, a 4dr can be just as nasty a rod as a 2dr, it ain't the number of doors, man!!!
    And yeah, I build 'em myself!

13. SLCK64

SLCK64

Need a nephew or anything? :cool:

14. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I've kinda wanted a four door '57 Chevy Wagon since I have my first kid, for the reasons 2Loose mentioned. I just don't want to build one, and I'd have to sell off or trade something to get one that isn't a rusty pile. Maybe later.

15. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Four doors can be cool, and their easier for your drunk buddy's to get out of.

Attached Files:

16. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Or puke out of. :eek:

I'll take a four-door, because I can't afford to pay 3 times as much for what is otherwise the same car.

17. BigBlockBuck

BigBlockBuck

4 doors are good for parts, little old ladies, import queers and apparently high end exotics according to Porsche and Ferrari, I'll still never drive one.

18. RichG

RichG

19. mr. white trash

mr. white trash

heres the deal ,i have had one old 2 door car(62 merc. comet post )i have ALLWAYS HAD 4 doors ,have had always made them look kool,can always pull people from the $75k bullshit to look at my shits buckets !!!!never really like fords but had them ,right now we (meaning my brother and i )only have one 2 door in the yard ..so who gives a FUCK if its a 2 or 4 door or what make is as long as its kool !!!!!!karb kings va suport 4 doors !!!!

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I like birthday cake buuut I think cupcakes have a better "flow"!

21. 50Fraud

50Fraud

The OP wasn't talking about cool; he said that 2-door roof lines are sometimes more "stylish" than those of 4-doors -- i.e. better looking.

Often, but not always, true. For example the roof of a tri-five Chevy post 2-door is identical to that of a 4-door -- the 2-door has longer doors, which can be swapped into the 4-door if the B-pillar is moved by a corresponding amount. I think this is true of a considerable percentage of 2- and 4-door post cars of the '50s and '60s.

Of course, coupes (when they existed until the early '50s) had shorter roofs, and when hardtops were introduced at around the same time, they were styled to look as much as possible like convertibles. I agree with OP that coupes and hardtops generally have more attractive / sporty lines than 4-door sedans; 2-door post sedans, not so much.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's a generational thing gang...I have said it before, when I was in high school (late seventies early eighties) you simply did not drive a four door if you ever wanted a chance at getting laid, being cool, or even wanted to be considered somewhat desirable in a social manner. Didn't happen, period, ever! I still remember being somewhat repulsed when I noticed a high school letting out one day about 15 years ago and I realized that the kids were willfully driving four doors!!! It has to be the computer and video game generation that thinks this is O.k.! 'Course, I have recently witnessed a 17 year old kid telling me he though a Prius would be "cool" I made my brother, his father, ground him for a week! I'm sorry younger generation, I know that you have been raised in an era where the word "car" has become a dirty word, and to the general populance anything that gets them from point "a" to point "b" is great, but a four door is never going to be as cool as a two door, period! Right up there with playing sports with no scores or for that matter playing soccer...

23. screwball

screwball

I cant afford a two door any more and am not even thinking of buying a project two door for 3-4 times the price of my driving all door. I never have been part of the popular crowd and have never wanted to be. Daring to be different means you just need a thicker sink than the rest of the regular people. Around my area if you want to fit in you need a muscle car.

24. 2Loose

2Loose

yup, exactly right, and that's what I drove just because of that. But like to think I'm matured beyond that now, and grandpa's grocery getter and grandkids transporter is as described above, 4 doors, and 10 seconds in the quarter....

25. mr. white trash

mr. white trash

and in the 70's and 80's you were driving trash am's with reo speedwagon shirts ..in the late 90's i drove a slamed 64 impala more door that look like the impala from up in smoke..trust me i got more ass then a tollet seat with the "'cool 2 door kids"with mustangs and hondas hating!!!!

26. Fordors ain't as cool as tudor sedans,,but then again 2 door sedans ain't as cool as a coupe,,where does it end?

I'll keep driving my mordoor sedan and I just ain't cool but I obviously don't give a hairy rats arse! HRP

[​IMG]

27. HRP....That 32 Sedan of yours is SWEET!!!:cool:

I'll add a photo of my 39 Ceedan. It has good lines as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  28. SLCK64

SLCK64

But suicide doors are the coolest!!!! :)

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

ERR...AHHH.... NO! NO NO NO and NO!!! My choice of transpo in high school was my 265 Chev powered '35 Ford 5 window... which I traded for my '39 deluxe coupe with a 283/ three speed combo. Then my '41 p/u, had an original '27 "T" coupe for a bit, and an original '29 tudor sedan. All built and financed by me working my ass off so I could have cool cars. And as far as me listening to REO SPEEDWAGON, well, them's fightin' words!!!

30. Abomb

Abomb

I'll settle this....Okay, 4 doors are cool....you all feel better now ?????

2 doors are cooler though.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.