Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gadsden AL cruise-in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Apr 3, 2010.

1. I'll make a trip over from here to see y'all one day. Not but a 500 or so mile drive to drop around the curve as 278 comes down to the four way at 431 on your side of the hobos in the hills. My A drives good enough to make it now.
    Ever seen a turbo 66 Ford pickup or a pro street chopped white 53 Chevy car there? Albertville connection. Red 38 Chevy coupe.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. I'll be there tomorrow night...just walking and looking. Have to park the OT turd off in another parking lot...if anybody else is gonna be there gimme a holler.

Jimbo

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

YA'LL LOOK ME UP WHITE/RUSTY 59 el camino. hope to be on the river end of town

4. AllenK

AllenK

Oh one of these days! This one is on my list!!

5. Pictures from tonight(June 3,2011) Lots of nice pieces around tonight but Lord have mercy you could've fried eggs on the pavement even after 5pm. I saw your ride BA King but didn't know if you was sitting around.

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry for so many of the truck...I had to wipe the drool away:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If Alan Johnson would've left the keys in this roadster I think I would've had to steal it Haha I'm in serious lust over this car :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Plum forgot to get a exterior pic of this ol Ford
    [​IMG]
    Gotta love the VWs
    [​IMG]
    Wonder how much head scratchin went into building these things
    [​IMG]
    EYE see you
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. aceuh

aceuh

I saw the cougar... stopped... looked around... and literaly saw NO old people wearing glasses! LOL!

Chatted with Bruce a sec... Never saw Chad's truck anywhere...

I'll have some fresh pics up in a lil bit.

8. aceuh

aceuh

9. aceuh

aceuh

10. aceuh

aceuh

11. Sorry, me Mike, and David (Silver 2d Falcon wagon) sat in front of the Merrill Linch building for about an hour then started walking. Went in a restaurant beside the art museum and had an outstanding steak... But the service was terrible and had to wait...and wait....and wait first for food then for the check. When we got out of the restaurant everyone was leaving. :(

12. aceuh

aceuh

I saw the falcon wagon... another clean car!

I've had the same problem eating at places on the strip during the show... I've gotten to where I just hit Chili's or Logan's before I get there... Top of the River isn't bad either... just opens a bit later then I want to eat...

13. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

Asa Im sorry I squirelled on you. I was trying to get my buddies Studebaker painted so I taped it up Fri. night and sprayed it Sat. I will have to catch you next time.

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

and we waited on you too:cool:

15. Cute!:D

16. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

I'm in Birmingham for an extended stay, and was wondering if any of you could help me find a place/website/event listings etc. that would help me know what is going on in the car world around here. Example, I found out about this Cruise-in after the fact. I love the pictures, but would have liked it better if I could have been there.

17. Check out this thread....maybe you can make it up to N. Alabama this Saturday.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596710

18. aceuh

aceuh

Coming up again this friday guys...

19. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i'm there.hope to bring quite a few from north al..loosewheel you going?

20. I really wanted to roadtrip southward to this cruise, but I cant this time. Next time is penciled on the calendar.

21. aceuh

aceuh

I'm volunteerin Bruce's Elcamino as the official meet & greet spot for HAMBers this Friday... I'll leave it up to Bruce and Carlos to pick the time... ;)

22. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

I have this cruise in on my to do list..from the pics of this alabama cruise in reminds me of the cleveland,tn cruise in..from the ones that has been to both..which is better?

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

little buddy,this is usually the BIG show of the year.come on down

24. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

no certain time just come on up and meet me and say hello!!:cool: but we will do one if you think we need to. wadda ya'll think????

25. aceuh

aceuh

I've done both several times for the last couple of years... Cleveland is a hit or miss show... this past weekend the car count was very low... and even on a good month I see lots of cars leaving way early... Gadsden... a little rain doesn't scare em away... there can be a thunderstorm at 4 in the afternoon and the car count is still gonna be up there... Not to mention a lot of the local spectators are there for the live entertainment and the food... Girl watchin is always at a premium... just sayin...

Doesn't matter to me either way... just had a lot of guys tell me that I shoulda stopped and said hello... problem is... I never saw em... This event seems to always bring out the HAMBers... and we all pass each other on the street without speaking... LOL! I figured the El camino and Carlos were easy to spot... and power parked near some shade... ;)

If some guys wanna do one we can... I'll stop and say "howdy" regardless...

26. Yep, we plan to go. I was really hopin to drive the wagon, but that aint happening. This little project has turned into a nightmare. Anyhow, I will get with you and try to ride down with you....we may stay the night with the BOG crew.

27. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

MEET AND GREET!!!! 7;30 on the end by the river.in front of the bank.(i hope). look for my car white with rust 59 el camino. maybe a little latino guy standing on it or beside it. 7:30 put a face with a name!

28. aceuh

aceuh

And that's 7:30 Alabama time due to the fact that we'll be in Alabama... correct? :D

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

playyyyyyyyer!:D:cool:

and yes thats 7:30 bama time