Register now to get rid of these ads!

50's/60's International pickups anyone brave enough to build one ?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Big Dad, May 15, 2008.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

that just pegged the awesome meter

2. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

x2! Thats what I was looking for, but could not find one. So I settled for a T-all.

Hey guys, I've got a SV266 that I have been wanting to put in a rod. Its backed by a t18, but is coupled to the Dana20. Is there anyway I can eliminate the transfercase and install a 2wd tailshaft?? Or am I better off finding another tranny?

3. JBOLTON

JBOLTON

couple more of mine right before I sold it :(

Attached Files:

4. Thanks guys, I looked for one of these for a long time before finding this one. The picture below shows it as it was found in a barn in Colfax, Wa. It just needed a good cleaning.

[​IMG]

5. This was my '34 International C-1, I sold it last summer.

[​IMG]

chriseakin likes this.
  6. she's ^^^ nice. :cool:

7. my 57 international

my 57 international
    from 45011

8. my 57 international

my 57 international
    from 45011

9. This is what it looks like now, after a winter worth of work!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  10. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I like this truck, Real clean

11. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That is great. I love the work-truckiness of it. Is that Rustoleum Royal Blue, by chance?

-Dave

12. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

13. No it's a semi gloss version of the original IHC color Arizona blue! Or at least the closest thing to it we can get here in Sweden.

Klaus

14. I like how you kept the 6 on 7-1/4" wheels and the Eaton full floater. :cool:

15. Yeah! I'd like to get a set of wheels without the lock-rings... They're monster heavy... they almost take two people to put on!.... Damit I'm getting old!

Klaus

16. my 57 international

my 57 international
    from 45011

Does anyone know the head and oil pan torqe lbs on the BD220 motor and tightning pattern? And I have the push rods and valve lifters soaking in gasoline, should I replace them or reuse them? Keep in mind I accadently mixed up the pushrods.

17. my 57 international

my 57 international
    from 45011

Thank you Klas. And I already have a post on oldihc.

18. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

not sure what year this is but this one is rusting away in Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim CA

Also attached are 2 other trucks in the park. Not sure if they are real trucks or "imagineering" designed trucks of their own makes.

Attached Files:

19. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

one more

Attached Files:

20. Sorry man. But the white one is no International. It is a Toyota FJ45. It's basically a Toyota Land Cruiser with a small pickup bed. They are very rare in the states as they were never imported here. They were sold in all other markets, but not the United States. Somebody must have imported it from Japan.

My brother is a Toyota Land Cruiser nut, so this is how I know what it is. E

Attached Files:

21. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Awesome thanks. It has no badges so I had no idea what it was. Now I know.

Thanks,
    Skrach
    www.VividlyVintage.com

22. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

this is mine as it sits now. reversed the eye springs on the front to drop it down some more. i redid the head on the chevy inline and about have it back together and hope to fire it up by the weekend. the front rims i have on it are just spaced out with washers, so its moveable, as the rims hits the tierod ends . so was wandering if the stock 15" wheels from a later50's-early 60's wil fit. also my steering box is allitle loose and leaking and i found a couple at the yard, 1 from a 54-6 and again from the later model 57-8 which looks about the same, would any of these boxes/columns work for my 51. also what were the rear ratio's on these trucks with the 220/3spd. thinking about going to a dodge truck rear so its more streetable. so was wandering about the brake system being the stock m/c and front 12" brakes and dodge i believe is 10-11" would there be any problems at all running it with the dodge rear.

Photo0644[1].JPG

Photo0643[1].JPG

23. pdxbinder

pdxbinder
    from portland

[​IMG]

hey guys: here's my 65 1100 longbed in the grass up at billetproof last weekend. i dragged her out from behind a shed last year and have been breathing life back into it. charley's drop shop just finished a 6" drop on it. with a frame notch, spring flips and shock mount relocation, i have full stock travel. she hums along with the straight six and has yet to let me down on any road trip i've thrown at her. i got bit by the binder bug 20 years ago and the virus shows no signs of slowing down.

keep on building low flying tractors!

24. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Most likely 4.10 rear, with the slight possibility of 3.73 gears. You can try running the VIN to check for sure.

I was told a 8.8 rear end out of a late 90s explorer has the right width across to fit in the rear and not look out of place. I'm looking at that as an option for mine. That way I can run disks on all 4 corners once I put in a new crossmember in the front.

25. sv powered 57 A120

Attached Files:

26. BAGGEDIMPALA63

BAGGEDIMPALA63
    from VA

I just got a 51 and 52 l110 and im redoing one orginal and the other will be bagged and body dropped for a rat rod look,

can any one tell my why one truck has spare tire on bed and other does not and the rear fender doesnt have a place for it?

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Do yourself a favor and Read This First! then do you intro, then never ever talk about rat rods again. :eek:

28. :cool:

:D IH was never too concerned about weight issues. :D
    their heavy gauge, first generation steel is prized by scrapers.:mad:

16.5" diameter x 9", 10" or 11" for 6 on 7-1/4" were fairly common several years ago.
    I have 2, almost matching sets. they are not any lighter but use tubeless radials.

The 42 k3 has the original 16"x6" for 6 on 7-1/4" split budds that I will keep.

Attached Files:

29. Just picked this up. '59 B100.
    [​IMG]