Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen-1 of the top 10 boerne tx

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Oct 12, 2010.

1. RAY With

RAY With

I have seen a few cars with them installed but no experience on results. I went with the lojack on our classics so for now I will stick with them and see how it goes. I hope you get some information soon and I also notified many of the local car clubs here in my area.

2. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

3. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I emailed my brother-in-law, he is a Houston cop. He'll keep an eye out as he works around the I-10 corridor

4. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

5. RAY With

RAY With

A friend called me and said the found the trailer empty on the South side of San Antonio. We can only hope it will lead to additional clues and enable them to recover the Roadster. Thief's are hitting classic cars hard now and its expected to increase as we draw closer to Christmas so take precaution as necessary.

6. fanspete

fanspete

Take these worthless, nonproductive banes-to-society and hang them in the town square with a sign explaining their crime, leave them there until the meat rots off the bones, then watch how fast crime rates diminish.
    YES, I'm serious. It's high time we stopped being mamby-pamby bleeding hearts.

7. TE PRICE

TE PRICE

Trailer Found! We received a call from SAPD late last week - the trailer was found in south San Antonio, Roadster removed. The trailer has been returned to us after being checked for prints, and auto theft detectives have a few strong leads.

It's possible our Roadster is still nearby, and law enforcement is seeking assistance from the public by doing a media blitz through our local "crime stoppers" program. We are very pleased with the communication from the detectives and their diligence. Procedure and performance are not flawless, but we tremendously appreciate the gravity and volume of what they do.

Again we thank all of you for your help and communications.

8. wow....it's nice to finally see someone get something back. Seems like most of these stolen threads never end!! I hope they find your roadster soon!!!!!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might be time for the guys around San Antonio to listen for any news of great progress on a roadster build. Even if the car was ditched by the thieves someone may have gotten their hands on it by now.

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

So it seems that this has been given up as lost ?

11. seatex

seatex

Lets keep it at the top, guys! CATCH THE BASTARDS AND GET A ROPE!

12. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

Man, lots of cars have been getting stolen lately. I saw a couple riding in a roadster very similar to that a couple of weeks ago in Cuero, Tx on hwy 72. I don't remember any lettering being on it though. I will keep a lookout for it.

13. 36tbird

36tbird

Article today in S. A. paper: F250 with trailer stolen from same place late last week. Owner posted a reward for his dog that was in the truck. Dog turned up in Medical Center area which is just down the road on I-10. So, looks like the thieves at least had the compassion to release the dog along their escape route. Also, same MO, and if it is the same guys, they are brazenly returning to the scene of the crime.

14. 36tbird

36tbird

BTTT for the holiday/weekend crowd that may have missed it. Don't park your truck at this Bass Pro Shop.

15. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

16. Thanks for bringing this to the top again. I had not seen this post before. I think that in the last six months since I joined the HAMB there have been 8 cars stolen from members. There are a few simple things that can be done to help our selves and just seem pretty simple. Don't load the car and leave it on the street the night before. Don't part in areas that don't have several lights and try to park in an area that has a security camera in sight. Also car clubs could take up a thing we use in the military called fire watch. If you're not familiar with the term, its basically having at least one person up and walking around all the vehicles at all times. Usually we have one hour shifts so that everyone can get some rest. Really this is a matter that will only be stopped by helping ourselves. Our community is not really that large in the grand scheme of things and we are the only people that care about the cars.

17. 36tbird

36tbird

Yo 54, if you saw this parking lot, you could see that it does not meet any of the not so great parameters you describe. The place is on the yuppie side of town, well lit, Bass Pro Shop parking lot. This latest heist makes it clear what others said before, they had no idea there was a hot rod in the trailer. They were after the truck. I think this latest truck had a cattle trailer on the back of it.

18. fastfwd

fastfwd

Any news about the roadster?:confused:

19. RAY With

RAY With

My friends in our area sent me this a few minutes ago;

<STYLE type=text/css>#AOLMsgPart_2_0ed152e7-002a-4a57-9a0a-8aff73fdc89d td{color: black;} #AOLMsgPart_2_0ed152e7-002a-4a57-9a0a-8aff73fdc89d DIV { MARGIN:0px;} </STYLE>
    SAPD Detectives have some leads and tips but our roadster is still missing. Our F250 was recovered week before last with only the leather seats missing. The truck was found in a business parking lot on the far north side of San Antonio, the door lock was broke out along with the ignition broken but the truck was fairly clean with hardly any miles put on since the theft on Oct.10. Additional reward info is being spread out so this might help on the deuce turning up. Many thanks for all of the emails and phone calls, I have only put a few address today but there have been messages from all over the country from our 'Hot Rodding family' with kind words and hopes for the safe return of our roadster. Happy New Year and again thanks so much.
    Tommy

20. 454navyss

454navyss

back to the top, sounds like it was some locals that stole it

21. RAY With

RAY With

Thats what I am thinking and some SOB's that know the owner.I hope they can locate the roadster before its stripped out or destroyed. Most of the parts can be identified on site so the thiefs will have a hard time getting rid of it.

22. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

It makes me angry to hear about rods gettings stolen.
    They take so much time and money. For someone to go and steal one, It's f'd up. There should be severe penaltys (like hangin the sobs)
    I can only imagine how mad I would be if my beater was stolen, let alone a beautiful hot rod posted above. It just aint right.

23. RAY With

RAY With

Any news on the roadster yet?

24. voodoo1

voodoo1

What does that mean???^^^^^^^

25. rixrex

rixrex

it means that crime is rampant in Mexico right now and San Antonio is a conduit. Drug Lords have control of Law enforcement and teams are being sent up IH-35 to bring back anything cool and blingy...

26. I think he was asking about the first sentence :confused:

27. TE PRICE

TE PRICE

Ray, big thanks to you and HAMB for keeping the interest up. We have nothing specific to go on, at this time detectives tell us they're still working on it .... can only hope one day it will be found in any condition. As you said, most parts are identifiable - if our H&H flathead turns up anywhere in the US, someone will certainly recognize it. The z'd 32 frame built by Gary at Cornhuskers would also be easy to spot.

28. RAY With

RAY With

TE I can't believe after all this time no trace of it so I would thing it's sitting in someones shop covered up. Its always possible that it was sent out of the USA in a container but I doubt that, I keep watching Racingjunk .com and craigs list but to date no luck. I reminded myself yesterday of the loss because I sent in my Boerne regestration for October.All we can do for now is keep looking.

29. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Tom Price's truck and roadster were taken from the Bass Pro Shops parking lot. A few weeks later another truck was taken from the same lot, with the owners' dog inside. The dog was found later in the Medical Center area, and the owner said he (dog) meants more to him (owner) than the new Ford truck.

I don't patronize Bass Pro any more (or that whole Rim shopping complex) for that reason.

Fearless

30. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

joaquin guzman sits back in mexico and says "go forth into the us and bring me back anything cool and blingy"

I doubt it.... john