Register now to get rid of these ads!

Awards....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomb, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Abomb

Abomb

Usually I'm not big on awards, most of mine usually are the "best work in progress" type anyway. This weekend, I decided I had most of the bugs worked out of my recent new engine install, and decided to try out a small roadtrip to a local show. One thing I forgot is to install the thermostat, as I wanted to make sure it stayed cool throughout the breakin process, it was left out. Turns out I probably need to do that. I left at 9 AM with my buddy for a local show about 35 miles away, it was only about 75 out, and the car never got above 150 degrees on the whole drive. It was much better coming home, as it was about 100 degrees, and the car ran about 185....

Anyway, I was standing around at the awards, seeing if my voting was in line with everybody else...:D...when to my surprise, they called out my name for a top 10 award....I was shocked. There were 146 cars there, about 95% of them were nicely finished, paint, interior, the whole 9 yards. And my old 55 with the worn out badly applied 30+ year old paint, and ratty interior was in the top 10 ??? Don't ask me how that happened, but my kid was thrilled....and that's the most important part.

[​IMG]

I wish I would have remembered my camera, there were 1/8 mile drags at the airport, including a neat FED, lots of quality cars, including 3 nicely done Mercurys...sorry fellas, I'll buy me a cheapo digital camera for my glovebox next time.

2. 6inarow

6inarow

Hey, I'd love to have a car like that.

congrats. and way to keep the kids involved.

3. Hey, Abomb, congrats on the award, like big time ! Over shiny street rods never get my vote.

4. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

You won cause its cool!

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Hey I don't ever expect to get an award but anybody that says they don't get a little thrill out of it is just plain lying. It's always nice to be recognized by your peers. Congrats!

6. Abomb

Abomb

I'm a firm believer in the saying " take a kid to a car show "..That Cameo behind my car belongs to a friend and neighbor, and is usually hauling 5 and 7 year old girls, and my car almost always equipped with a 6 year old boy....

7. Drive that thing up here instead of the bike next time!

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

you won because your car is bad ass

9. Congrats, don't that feel good bro, It's always nice to get recognition for something you worked so hard on.
    Good job buddy,
    Next thing you know you'll be a Goldchainer like me :eek::D;)

10. squirrel

squirrel

Good going, nice car! I think I still have more 30 yr old drag race trophies than newer car show trophies, and I've been to a LOT of local car shows....

11. Abomb

Abomb

Thanks guys...

I have lots of best in class trophies, but for motorcycles, one top 30 for my old 59 Elcamino, which was mostly done, 2 or 3 best work in progress trophies, (one of them for this car, last year) and now this one....I guess the thing surpised me the most, is that it was one of the roughest cars there yesterday. I'm not saying my car ain't cool, to me, it's hard to even create a bad looking 55 chevy....but still, I was definately surprised.

12. Thought I would let you know about my surprise tonight. Came home, opened the main shop. Then went in back to open the back room and was greated by some hissing and rattles! It seems Mr Snake worked his way into the cool room last night when I had it open. About 18 inches long. I can still move fast! Your tent site is waiting......................

13. The Anarkist

The Anarkist
    from Canada

Nice car!! It deserved an award. Congratulations!!