Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Cadillac CDV cowl tag help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rust Junkie, Jun 24, 2011.

1. My buddy is bangin his head against the wall with decoding his '59 Coupe De Ville.
    Looking to see if the cowl tag can be decoded by one of you. Or maybe point me in the right direction?

STYLE 59-6337 BODY FW13880
    TRIM SO13880 PAINT 12
    TOP ACC. EHKY

:confused:

thanks guys
    <!-- / message -->

2. The SO in front of the trim means "special order" but the numbers are the same as the body number :confused: May want to double check that ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  3. squirrel

squirrel

the E H K Y thing is the accessories the car came with, these are kind of hard to decode, but I think E = tinted windows (E Z Eye), H = Heater, not sure about the other two.

4. tcb-1

tcb-1

Mike, that's some great info!

5. I was lucky enough to grab those off the Cadillac-LaSalle forum. so full credit to their members :D

6. squirrel

squirrel

I have the book that that's scanned from....

7. 1lowcad

1lowcad

Which number would represent the interior trim code?

E=EZ Eye Glass
    H=Heater
    K=AirCond.
    Y=6 way Electrci seats

Thanks Kadillackid for the scans

Attached Files:

8. No wonder he is banging his head against the wall. I have taken a pic of my data plate and the Trim code is clearly evident :confused: I did notice one thing tho, your friends 59 was not far down the line from mine , damn :D
    Maybe try your luck at this forum, they are into authentic stock Cadillacs http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php Good luck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011