Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMBers in Savannah, GA area What to start a Car Club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enfieldjoe, Jan 7, 2011.

1. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Moved here from SoCal a couple of years ago. Surprised at the lack of car culture here (when compared to SoCal). Been looking for a trad ride car club or car guys/gals interested in starting a car club, sharing car stories, just hanging out, or just helping each other with their projects/rides. Don't really know anyone in the area with the same interests. I have a 50 Merc and and 51 Merc project.

2. savannahDan

savannahDan

yeah, the car scene seems to be lacking, as far as old tin goes especially. Lots of mustang/camaro guys, imports, etc., but it's very rare to even see a traditional ride while riding around in town.

That being said, I could be up for a club, though my project is just getting started so I won't have anything to cruise in for a while.

3. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Thanks, my projects are still just that--projects. HOpe to have my 51 Merc on the road this year. The 50 Merc is farther down the road.

Yeah, lots of street rodder type cars from the 80s around here. Nice, but not my style.

4. I am from Phenix City, AL on the boarder of AL/GA I would be up for it as well. I know I am about 3 hours away..

5. Savannah Red

Savannah Red

Hey, another club sounds good! Being a Savannah native, have been
    a member of a couple of clubs here. Still an active member of one of the
    local clubs. We get together quite often for cruises, cookouts & other
    activities. We actually will be cruising tomorrow evening to a eating place
    in S.C. We would be glad to have you come out & join in. If interested
    shot me a pm. R :D

6. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I am looking for club members in the Savannah area. I am a member of the Hooligans C.C. based out of Central Texas. I have recently moved back to the Savannah area and I want to start up a chapter of the Hooligans here in GA. I already have permission from the President of the club. let me know what you guys think.

7. savannahDan

savannahDan

sounds good to me. I've never been in a car club before, but if it's an opportunity to hang out and talk cars, help each other out, etc, I'd definitely be interested.

8. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

yeah...its always good to have a good group of guys with a wide range of skill but similar interests. Im a body and sheetmetal man. and Im a pretty good welder. Ive got a chopped 56 Merc. And to me there is nothing better than hanging out with some fellow gear heads working on some old iron and throwing back a few cold ones.

9. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

I miss Savannah- But when I lived there there was really no car culture to speak of. I was into imports then and that community was significant, but traditional rods were nonexistent there when I lived there.

10. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Hopefully a few dedicated people can change that...you know as well as I do that this life style of ours is contageous. It would be cool to have some monthly cruise-in's and gatherings in the area.

11. hotdamn

hotdamn

enfieldjoe, you should just come up to NC and put down some miles with us:)

and I am sure some of you get tired of hearing me say this :)

but enfieldjoe, your on the right path bro, there was no scene here either and us stragglers banded together to form a brotherhood and created what we wanted.

but that love and dedication for what we do and for one another has inspired people around us and it is awesome.

not taking credit just giving a time line, but since we've become a club there are now 2 other clubs with in a 20 mile radius and that is great because it allows for diversity in the scene and helps keep it from imploding.

10 years ago I knew maybe 5 guys locally that were into cars and of those maybe 2 liked the same kind of cars that I did.

now on a shop night there is anywhere from 15 to 35-40 people there, every wed.

pretty fucking rad if you ask me:)

12. hotdamn

hotdamn

Kage, I think we're speaking the same language :D

13. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I think your right Sir!!!

14. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

here is my current project...I cant wait to cruise down river street in it..or take it to the drive-in in Jesup
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. hotdamn

hotdamn

hells yes! my grandmother lives Savannah and I need to go visit her, we should get up when I do:)

your merc is looking rad bro!

get her down a couple more inches in the back and you'll be on it dog gone it:)

16. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Hit me up any time you come to Savannah.. The merc has 4" blocks in the back I want to take her a little lower but if i do I will have to modify the driveshaft tunnel. Im thinking about bagging her. but she will be getting lake pipes and a continental kit.

17. hotdamn

hotdamn

imo bags are cool but I have always seen them become a headache sooner or later. I'm sure there are plenty of peeps that would fight that tooth and nail but I am sure there even more that would corroborate.

I can promise you from experience, do your tunnel, get her down and dig it!

maybe jamco makes 3" dearched springs for it? if not you can dearch your own but buying new ones is a little easier and if the car sits crooked you can call and raise hell with some one:D

my 54 is 3" blocks and 3" springs and sits nice, I would like to go 1 more inch but I have to raise my wheel wells and just havent gotten there yet.

notching my frame and doing my tunnel was one of the best things I ever did for that car...

18. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I am leaning toward drop leafs and blocks. I want to keep this project more on the traditional side. Do you have any pics from when you modified your tunnel?

19. edweird

edweird

i am an hour north of you, and it aint popular here neither,joe.we do need to get together sometimes. i would love to hear some calif. stories.

20. hotdamn

hotdamn

all I have are these crappy pics...

it was really not that bad, the hard part was stripping the undercoating so I could weld the tunnel in.

I can tell you that cutting the floor in the middle of the existing tunnel made putting the new tunnel a whole lot easier:)

54 011.jpg

54 012.jpg

54 013.jpg

54 018.jpg

'54 011.jpg

'54 012.jpg

'54 013.jpg

'54 014.jpg

21. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

If only you were about 200 miles (or more) north! But hey, check the Ga Hamber's social group.

22. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Amen to that.There are a ton of rods all over north Ga.The Hamb cars even have their own parking lot at the Dallas cruise

23. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Serious!?! Tell me when and where and I'll try and make it to see all the North Ga Hambers.

BTW, you still coming to the Hall of Fame cruise in Saturday Dirty Ed?

24. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Hey guys. What do you guys think about trying to get together next weekend after the 4th..on the 9th or 10th of July so we can meet each other face to face and talk about the possibilites of starting up a Savannah area Car Club!

25. savannahDan

savannahDan

any word from anyone about this?

26. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Things have been a little crazy for me the last couple of weeks. Im going to give you guys a call this week. If your interested and want me to call then send me a message with your number.

27. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Another member of the Hooligans C.C. is moving to the area in Jan. I have already been giving the go ahead by the president of the club to start looking for possible members. Im looking forward to meeting you guys soon.

28. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Thanks for the interest guys. I just moved my cars, lift, and tools to a new warehouse in Rincon. It is a 60 x 30 building with 3 phase electrical power. Big doors, nice place for a car club meeting place, weekly hang out to talk Hot Rods and Customs. PM me, or email for details

The building is behind the Choo Choo Mart on Rte 21 in Rincon.

29. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Awesome. I think Rincon is about 65 miles from where im at but it would deffinately be worth the drive...and Ill be moving closer to Savannah soon.

30. savannahDan

savannahDan

Cool, I work in Rincon, would be a convenient meeting point.