Register now to get rid of these ads!

fair price for f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, Jun 21, 2011.

1. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

A freind of mine in his mid eighties is loosing his parking spot for his 1964 f100 and decided it was time to sell it. It has no rust and was repainted once in its lifetime a few years back. Two tone cream and red. The truck is a 6cyl three on the tree with 39,000 actual miles on it. Sorry i dont have any pictures but the truck is in real good shape. Since I am not in the position to buy it could anyone help me come up with a fair price for the man?
    thanks

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

would guess that you have searched For Sale section here, and online for like models. as you know, bottom line is that only worth what someone will pay for it.

3. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Well from the description I would say to the right Slick 60 person " with the wallet to back it up " that would be an easy $10,000.00 truck although pics would help.

Rick

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The price of something like that could be all over the place from just better than work truck price to damned nice collector vehicle price. As Jalopy Joker said you will have to do some searches and find the asking and selling prices for that model of truck in similar condition.

5. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Really?:eek: I was actually thinkin less than half that,but I havent looked at these trucks lately.
    I sold a pretty nice long bed with newer paint about 15 years ago for a 1000 bucks but then that was 15 years ago,however I saw a pretty nice short bed with newer paint sell a couple years ago for around 4500.

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

$7k came to my mind

8. I'd say 7-10 if it wasn't patched together before it was painted. You don't see low mileage trucks like that everyday.

9. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

i have 3 trucks (slicks) 63-65-66 they all have been appraised..... 4 grand is the high number.

10. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

The " Slicks " have come along way in the last 15 years we have apparently pretty near run out of " barn fresh effies " to build and there is not alot of love for the fridges 57-60. I like 57's but am not fond of the grill on the 58-60 trucks myself :D.

Rick

11. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Bill yall dont count yall have no idea what rust is :D.

Rick

12. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

yeah, your right about that.... trucks last forever out here so the value is lower than other states.;)

13. RichG

RichG

I wouldn't put the value of the truck that high up here in Washington. I know of one right now, four wheel drive, that can be had for $800, with an extra bed, the only rust is beneath the taillights.

I'd realistically put the price around $2500, more if the trim and such is perfect. My daughter has a '64 F100 with a 292/4 speed, I can't imagine selling it for much more than that (if it would ever be sold~and it won't!).

14. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Rich send em over here . Heck I went to look at a half rotten 63 unibody the other day " she had it listed for $1500.00 " . I will admit it seemed to be a fairly unmolested truck but I couldnt get under it to check the floors and cab mounts and the hood latch was frozen so couldnt see under the hood . The add listed it as having a " functioning tailgate " the reality was about 3/4's of a half functioning tailgate . I offered her $400.00 and she said she was gonna hold out a while for $800.00-$900.00. I left my card with her and will give her a call in a month and see where she is at with it . The truck has been sitting in the same spot " behind the barn " for 15 years so it aint goin anywhere quick.

Rick

15. RichG

RichG

Now I couldn't begin to give you a market price on unibody's.:p