Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from NW Washington

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bodi, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Hello,

My friends call me Bodi. I'm from Mt. Vernon Washington. As of now I mostly own muscle era cars, with a few early 60s rigs. I've been into the car scene since before I could legally drive. I grew up around cars, my parents always owned some form of hot rod. I spent most of my child hood riding around in a 57 Chev 4 door wagon. I'm a fabricator, and enjoy flinging sparks. I've mostly used my welding for work, but, am really interested in getting more into the chassis fabrication, and body work side of things. Unfortunately there aren't many shops in my area to get a start at. I also spend my winters in the Phoenix area, and am hopeful to find some employment in the industry when I am down there this winter.

Right now I am working on my 64 Impala SS 409 swap. It is an original matching numbers 327 300 powerpack car with a powerglide. The 327 is getting tired, so, it will get rebuilt, and parked on the shelf for now. In its' place is going a 64 409 with a 62 dual quad manifold. I'm working on finding some capatible heads at the moment.

Also I am working on getting a 1964 Chev c10 short box fleetside on the road. It has a 292 i6, and a 4spd. It is a great truck from northern California with real clean sheetmetal. My plans are to make a solid runner/pushtruck for Bonneville.

Finally I am helping my dad get his 1969 AMC AMX on the road. It was a barn find from California that still wears its' black plates, and had been sitting since 84. We've gone through the motor, trans, rear end, done all new brakes on it, and tons of other stuff. It should be a real handfull. It will be licensed here shortly, and then we can find all the little kinks in the system.

Glad to be here, and learn as much as I can. I realize I don't own anything that strictly fits the format of this forum, but, I very much enjoy and respect the traditional hot rodding scene.

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

"Glad to be here, and learn as much as I can. I realize I don't own anything that strictly fits the format of this forum, but, I very much enjoy and respect the traditional hot rodding scene" QUOTE

There is no format or scene. Remember that and you will be just fine. Welcome

3. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Hey Bodi is that from point break?

4. Don't really know where Bodi came from. My real names Will, but, there are a couple of Wills in the crowd I run in, so, I just ended up being Bodi.

Grand Junction eh? My dad grew up in Palisade. My Grandpa is buried in Palisade. I have an aunt, and 3 cousins that live in Grand Junction, and an aunt that lives in Meeker. My Grandma lives in Fruita. I'm back that way all the time. I make a trip on my motorcycle nearly every late summer to get a peach.... Yup, just one peach. They taste just a little different there. Beautiful area.

5. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Welcome to the Great North WET. If you want to check out a great chassis fabricator in your neighborhood, Look up Bob Throndsen at "The Wagon Works" in Arlington. A great guy, with fantastic abilities.

6. ^Thanks a million. There are very few shops this far north. I know of a few in Bham, and one in Anacortes, but, there aren't that many people doing much in this area. MV could use a good shop, but, I'd be surprised if there's enough work to support it...

Thanks for the welcome.

7. Welcome from Birnamwood Wi !!

8. Welcome from central Iowa!

9. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome from Union Pier, MI.

10. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Welcome Bodi. Are you familiar with Maxwell's Metal Works in Marysville? Joe Maxwell and his crew do some very nice work. www.maxwellsmetalworks.com
    Zobra

11. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Yeah I grew up in Palisade my Mom owns the ice cream/coffee shop on main street in Palisade. We definitely have the best peaches. I was stationed in Hawaii and in Seattle and my Ma used to ship me a box of peaches every year.

12. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from the East Side!