Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot rods and harleys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Camel toe kid, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowing hot rods n harleys go hand in hand just wondering what you ride and if any of you will be going to Stirgis this year? Ive been going for 38yrs and sing in OASIS bar n wanted to know if any hambers would like to meet up n shoot the bull?

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You might get a better response if you posted this over on the Jalopy Journal's sister site www.JockeyJournal.com

3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Here is a couple pic's of my 2 FXR's and my 29 Business Coupe

Attached Files:

4. Larry T

Larry T

Here's the Harleys I have now.
    And a picture from the park in Sturgis the last time I went---1978. There were too many people, so I never went back (during the rally)
    Larry T

Attached Files:

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Have owned 5 H.D.'s..Currently a 97 Heritage Softail Classic

Not doing the Stugis thing much any more, Job and Family and this Model A have slowed that down a bit in the past few years

Done the Daytona thing a few times, Surgis a few times, Chillicothe Ohio thing.Milwakee factory tour.HOG rallys etc..cant remember them all, so I must have had a good time

6. Thats funny Larry, 78 had about 30K folks............there are that many on MAIN STREET at any given time these days. :eek:

7. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

'05 Roadglide with moderate modifications to the engine.
    Bought my first Harley (1942 WLA) in 1960 and been on them ever since.
    Been to Sturgis many times...most recent when we got Grape Fruit size hail at Katmando campground.....:eek:
    Will look you up next time I go...
    Cheers.......
    [​IMG]

8. Never made it to Sturgis, my cut off did but don't tell anyone I was supposed to be in it. ;)

I don't own a Hawg anymore, I still own my spare bike a '68 Bonneville. It resides in a garage in Redwood City. It makes it out for a turn a couple of times a year but like my cut off in Sturgis I'm not with it. Such is life.

I don't particularly care for big runs, I have always tried to avoid Sturgis and Bike week at Daytona. There used to be a big new years party in New Orleans that I made it to a couple of times. Now that was a real party.

9. chopperfugger

chopperfugger
    from austin

10. Abomb

Abomb

You never know.....one year I rode up and got drunk, bought 6 shirts, and rode home the next day.

[​IMG]

11. I ride a 1981 Sturgis all original except the seat and pipes

12. Have owned over 20 Harley's. Last time at Sturgis was 97 or 98, 500,000 people and about 20 "bikers". Not interested in seeing all the poseurs with the mandatory Do Rag, Cut off denim shirt, chaps on a 100 degree day, "Bad Ass" scowl, and chain drive wallets. Sorry doesn't work for me. Then again most of these numnuts don't "get" my current Harley either;
    [​IMG]

But that's OK, I didn't build it for their approval.

13. Went in 78 also n stayed in the city park before the angels got it closed down! I seen you i was the one in the black shirt who waved at you! LOL! If anyone goes to the Oasis bar ask for jimmy im there from 7 til 2am look for the freak covered in tats with white eyes n dreds a real handsome bastard n i ll buy you guys a drink!

14. Larry T

Larry T

I remember that! Over by the van with the girls dancing on top, right? (G) Or was it over by the highway where they were street racing?
    Larry T

15. thats how I got my screen name, Turbocharged my roadster
    [​IMG]

16. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Amen to that Don that XR looks like a blast though...I've noticed a few things but what all is done to her??? That is if ya don't mind a fellow sporty guy asking...

17. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Oh and heres my scoot but the boss says Hamb Drags or Sturgis so looks like I'm goin racing!!!! LOL

Attached Files:

18. 12packo94s

12packo94s

Me and my dad are going out to sturgis for the first time this year. We are camping and Glencoe and are hoping to have a pretty damn good time!

Attached Files:

19. beauishere

beauishere

I've been thinking of hitting Sturgis this year. I ride a '96 Softail painted to match my '02 HD F-150. You know, the special edition Ford Harley trucks that if you put your bike in the back it bends the tailgate. I found that out after we painted the bike.

[​IMG]

20. bgaro

bgaro

i sold my 56 pan to get my coupe and havent looked back. havent been to sturgis but, i still brought my A to laconia this year and its true i saw few real bikers.

21. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Glenco is a great campground. You will love it !!!
    You will see several hauling rigs like mine there..:eek:
    Cheers............

22. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

My Heritage softail

Attached Files:

23. Abomb

Abomb

That's the problem with Sturgis these days, all the hauling rigs....it's my belief that if people would ride their bikes to Sturgis, they'd have a clue how to ride them once they got there....I'm not picking on anyone here, but if you're planning on going, watch your ass, it's not just the people in cars you need to watch for either, there's a shitload of people riding around up there that have no business riding a motorcycle in traffic.

I love riding in the Black Hills, in June......there's too many idiots on bikes in July and August.

24. Custom suspension by Race Tech (rear raised for quicker turn in and better ground clearance) Special Fork internals, Custom pipes (XR750 style) by ME, Corbin seat, Patriot Top Fueler, lots of little custom pieces - mainly to lighten the pig. If ya like the XR1200 check this outhttp://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/site/content.php

25. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

26. Larry T

Larry T

Yea, the ride is a lot more important than the destination. At least to me.
    Nuther 78 Sturgis shot.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

27. One of the better T-Shirts in Sturgis last year:

"If you can't ride it here, leave it there!"

To each his own...

28. Abomb

Abomb

Or..."Trailers are for boats"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.