Register now to get rid of these ads!

auto insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mysteryman, Jun 20, 2011.

1. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

this could be the wrong thread for the hamb but yall seem to have all the knowledge and experience.i need insurance on my old street rods that i drive occasionally .ive heard there are special companies with low prices please point me in right direction

2. Tri-Power

Tri-Power
    from Memphis

Hagerty, Grundy

3. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Let me direct you to the SEARCH tab.

4. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

I use progressives antique policy, most of the others won't insure supercharger cars.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

very funny :D
    but seriously, we were due for our monthly insurance question.;)

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have Grundy for my shop, finished and unfinished cars!

7. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

this wasnt the answer i was looking for( before joining the HAMB i used to search everything and hated it i was told by a member join the HAMB these guys know everything and dont mind helping ).sometimes its easier to ask the people that have already experienced your problem they seem to have the best answers.thanks for the names of the companies hopefully one can save me some money."ive always been taught theres not a such thing as a dumb question but nobody ever said you couldnt get a dumb answer"90 percent of all questions on the HAMB could be searched instead of posted then there wouldnt be anything to read in the mornings

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Call Grundy, done.

9. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Or use Chrome from American National. They have extremely good rates. My buddy's old 47 Ford 2dr sedan was insured for $117 a year about a year ago before he sold it.

10. State Farm has a limited use policy that only runs me around $180 for my 52 Dodge Truck. Once I get it back on the road, I'll re-evaluate the insurance to increase the value.

I have a collector car policy on my 68 Camaro with an agreed value of $45k for around $250 a year (with 5,000 miles per year). That's through Infinity.

Neither policy are for daily driver use, but suit my needs.

11. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Somehow this justifies your laziness:confused: Helping somebody is good but spoon-feeding the weak, fuck that noise.

12. That's funyy shit!

13. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

thanks for the help even you shinysideup i agree with krash good response i'll start doing a little research before i through a question out

14. brian964

brian964
    from ny

15. Swifster

Swifster

There are 5000 other threads on insurance, that's why the 'SEARCH' suggestion was made. This just adds one more thread to an already well answered question. Most of the others posts are a bit more indepth.

Just like your laziness, those here get board with the same topic.

16. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

As demonstrated in the current Grundy/Philly debacle, insurance rates, coverage, and even the companies themselves are in constant flux. The "5000 threads" mentioned are most likely obsolete; this newbie is simply asking for an update - something we all could benefit from.

You are just grouchy because you're old and have too much money.

17. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Three weeks ago, I called GRUNDY about insuring my stock 40 Ford coupe and my 51 Merc "under construction" car and was politely told that they are no longer insuring single cars. You have to have 3 cars. This new policy was initated in Oct. 2011 or there abouts.
    I've had my 40 insured with JC Taylor since 1988 (no claims) and the Merc is insured with them also as "under construction" since 2009. Also, I think some companies have specific requirements to insure "under construction" vehicles. YOUR BEST BET IS TO CALL A COMPANY REP AND TALK ONE ON ONE as every case is different.

18. stuart in mn

stuart in mn