Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scott injector hat - Need a photo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brootal, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Not just any photo. I need a shot of an ORIGINAL Scott 'Super Slot' injector scoop that shows the inside, looking up to the top surface if possible.

Anyone got one kicking around a shed, or on their car?

As seen on Tony Nancy's gorgeous dragster...

[​IMG]

And of course, Mad Max's Interceptor. :)

[​IMG]

2. mfp-66

mfp-66

hi, I've got one of the new remanufactured ones that i can take a pic of if thats any help. is it just the scoop or the injector block?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  3. Thanks for the offer, but it needs to be an original one. I'm looking for casting marks on the inside of the scoop.

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

Doc.

Edit: Sorry, I just found out thats one of the new ones.

5. No worries, Doc. I had a quick look on the net, but couldn't find what I was looking for. That's why I put the question out there. I'm hoping someone has one kicking around that they can get a good photo of.

6. don't know how much help these are but here they are anyway

Attached Files:

7. Thanks fuzzybear, looking for a real close up of the inside of the scoop though.

Is that your Interceptor? :)

8. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

just FYI, the Tony Nancy car in your first post actually used an Enderle "Barn-Door" with a Jimmy Summers fabricated, Steve Swaja designed, handformed scoop, not a Scott

9. Well, there you go. :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Still a great photo.

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that is one beautiful dragster

11. OK... this is what I'm looking for. Sorry for the crappy screen grab pic, but it's all I've got to work with. Trying to find out if any other Scott injector hats have a casting mark or possibly a weld repair on the inside. It's tough to see in the pic, but I've circled it.
    [​IMG]

12. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

Here are some pics that should help.

Attached Files:

13. Very cool fasttimes. Do you have a larger version of the photo on the bench? If my eyes don't deceive me, it looks like it's got the same mark on the underside.

14. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

Here it is. Hopefully its not to blurry.

Attached Files:

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

16. I had pictures of my "Scott's Super Slot" the later models and mine did have a stamp inside... I'll see if I can find the photo's...

17. Thanks for all the help, guys. That bigger version's not really any clearer fassttimes. :(

Royalshifter - Do you have a close up pic of the one on the dragster showing the inside?

18. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Brootal, Your hat appears (hard to tell) fabbed rather than cast - maybe it's just the picture, but it appears that the base has been formed and the seem almost looks welded.
    Maybe it's just the pic - kinda hard to tell.

19. na mate, just some pics i had floating round on my computer. i wish it was tho:cool:

20. The guy that bought my Scott Super Slot "Randy in Vancouver" is in correspondence with the originator himself and he said that the first scoops were fabbed up out of sheet metal and it wasn't until his injectors were mass produced before they were cast from aluminum.

He said they were crude at best... but worked for the dragsters at wide open throttle!

21. You know what, I was wondering that myself as another pic I've seen looks like there's a weld running along the seam.

Wingnutz - I wonder if a fabricated one was used as a pattern for the cast ones?

22. From what Randy told me... it was!

The Aluminum Guy on ebay is casting them to fit dual quads and they are adjustable for different set ups.

I think he's asking around $350 and I sold my original for almost triple that.

23. Fecoffin

Fecoffin

Here is a Scott Slot 6-71 top. Painted black inside but you are able to see where the orginal casting is ground. Can provide other pics just let me know.

Attached Files:

24. 351

from victoria

Hey Brootal, Just want to help you out with a clear pic of what you're looking for. This scott hat is the same one in the screen grab you supplied.[​IMG]

25. Cheers, mate. But it looks like you need some technical assistance with posting pics. :)

Would love to see it. Story has already run in Street Machine, but would be cool to get some factual info on the whereabouts of the hat.

26. .Mad Max.

.Mad Max.

after owning 8 Super Slots in the last 14 years I can assure you that 3/4 of them had this casting mark on the inside. Mel himself told me that quality control was not a huge factor so it was no big deal if the inside of the scoop had a few blems. Even the outside had it's issues with the odd pit mark. I'm guessing you are in search of the actual super slot as in the movie and trying to use the casting flaw to verify a unit may be the original. I have had a few people contact me, trying to sell what they claim to be the actual unit used in the movie and they have all used the casting flaw as their selling point...no dice. There will never be any way to prove that some one has the actual unit unless they can provide home movies of them removing it from the car....Murray Smith himself removed it and returned it to the guy they borrowed it from and it was sold shortly afterwards. I tried to track it but after talking to 2 people, the trail went cold

Picture_0878.jpg

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  27. jays41willys

jays41willys
    from nj

I scott still makes them.on is web site

28. There's an old one on eBay right now... Even though this thread is really old.

Dustin

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

These are bad ass I think. I had one never got to run it.

30. zapp69

zapp69

Ive found a Super slot local to me, guy doesnt really know what to ask for it. complete minus pump 6/71 version with the M/T cast into it. also has cut out for linkage as it was run on a boat with engine back to front and hat reversed. I know its a dodgey question but what is a fair price