Register now to get rid of these ads!

In a Wreck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoneSpar, Jun 16, 2011.

1. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Yesterday on my way to pick up my Batwing Air Cleaner from the pinstripers, I was at a complete stop and got rear ended by a guy doing 60mph!!! I was driving my Shop truck a 91 GMC Jimmy. It was quite an impact. It shoved me into a Dodge SUV in front of me. The Subaru that hit me doesn't look so good. My rear bumper was on his Dash!!!! <!--POLLS--><!--FILES--> It got me my first Ambulance ride!!!! I am home now and recovering. <!--POLLS--><!--FILES-->

2. wow...that sucks but atleast you are still with us. take care of yourself.

3. F&J

F&J

Wow, glad you had headrests.

This rear ending and drifting over lanes is getting serious...texting, cell, gps,etc.

I am not a saftey nut, but decided against a rear tail mounted gas tank, just from seeing the carnage on this site.

4. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Yes it does suck. But yes i am still here!!!!! Went to clean out the truck today and was able to get the Air cleaner!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Happened to me in 1990. Got laid off 1/2 hour before the accident, and 2 days before X-Mas

6. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

That sucks!!!! Yesterday was my last day of work before vacation!!!! Fun way to spend it, huh?

7. Sucks to get collected while minding your own business. As long as the air cleaner is okay.....

Let me know how sore you are tomorrow. Always good to be clobbered in something late model.

Bob

8. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That does ruin your day--have had it happen twice-once a drunk man hit me in the rear at 50MPH and I was stopped--there was a CHP bike cop sitting at an off ramp and saw it all-the drunk never hit the brakes. Two years ago some lady came around a long sweeping curve at 55-60 in my lane and hit me head on-I was almost stopped when she hit but it was still a mess-I was in a full size Chevy 4X4 or I probably would be dead--haven't been the same since. Good luck iwth your recovery and as we all know, there are alot of people driving that are NOT paying attention.

9. glad to hear your okay.. I hope the guy / gal who clobbered ya has insurance, and his insurance company is going to say rear ending the person in front of you was your fault... so be prepared for that too... and look on the bright side, maybe they will give ya some good drugs for the whiplash... that should make your vacation a little more fun....

10. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That is not a batwing air cleaner though.....

11. Willy301

Willy301

Glad you and the air cleaner survived hope it doesn't mess up your vacation too much, hope you feel better soon.

12. Abomb

Abomb

But the aircleaner turned out awesome......

My wife was clobbered out of the blue one year ago in Colorado Springs, it totaled my truck, but she only had minor injuries. Take it easy, and don't take any minor pain for granted, it may get worse...so, don't settle tomorrow or anything.

13. F&J

F&J

It's modern hotrod terminology :D....just like "milk truck" and "Divco" wheels are really not either of those ;).

14. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

I know its OT... but I say buy the other truck!!

15. Yet, there IS an air cleaner that can be definitively identified as "Bat Wing". The described air cleaner is a cool one, but not a bat wing.

Cosmo

16. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I feel your pain. I'm glad you're OK. This also happened to me in 1996. I have pics in my photo album. I was outside my truck re-latching my tailgate, saw the reflection of the headlights and instinctively jumped out of the way. the driver drove through the back of my truck at 50+mph. Her passenger rear view mirror took my shoe off when I jumped. I will never forget the sound of my friend's voice screaming my name expecting to see me in two pieces.

17. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

That's gotta hurt ! You'll still be sore for a few days...and no matter what you think, the "shock" factor exists after an impact of that kind.

Slow down for a couple of days, and hope insurance can help you out with any bills you may have as a result of the accident.

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

18. Just like the war planes would paint things on their planes, everytime they had a kill, i think you need to paint something on the aircleaner for the subaru and Dodge.
    At least everyone was ok.

19. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

I know it is not a Batwing. It is a 55 Olds Air Cleaner. but every time I say that I get told that is a Batwing. So to stop that, I just called it a batwing, Now i get told the opposite. It is a no Win situation!!!! :)
    anyway I am recovering from the wreck, but unable to work for a while. If anyone needs any CARtoon work done let me know. The link to my site is in my signature.

20. Nice Art! Hope you heal up fine!

21. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Glad you're doing ok, I've been rear ended a couple times in the last few years, sucks...

:)

:)

:D:D:D

23. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

Glad your Ok !!!! I was rear-ended by a cell phone driver --talk-text or drive not all three!!

24. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

How true!!! i am not sure what this guy was doing, but he couldn't have been paying attention.

25. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Hope you get better and be thankful you weren't driving that Chevy wagon. Cool art work ya got going on too.

26. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Glad you are OK.. Good thing you were the pick up and not in the ferign car..

27. That happened to me also a few years back. A word of caution...do not sign off on any personal injury insurance payments for about a month. I had no pain until about a couple or three weeks later then the symptoms of whiplash started showing.I had to have therapy for a while. Keep your medical receipts. The damage to your neck may be delayed.

28. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Will do!!! Thanks!!!

29. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Yes I am glad to have been in the truck and not the Subaru. My trailer hitch cuy a groove down his hood and Motor!!

Glad you liked my toons!!!

30. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Still off work. My Back is a little worse than previously thought.